TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
I think wonder woman 1984 killed anybody touching the property for a long time.

Personally, I'd like to see a Jessica Jones game. Mix of detective and action.

Marbled Jelly

May 24, 2021
I'm desperately hoping we get a Scarlet Witch game at some point, seeing as Wandavision really skyrocketed her popularity and the public's awareness of her!!!!

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
I mean, sign me up for a Captain Marvel game.

But when...who knows. After the announcements the other day, I'm guessing we're not going to see a ton more Marvel superhero games other than the ones we know about anytime soon. And I wouldn't expect anything on the DC side.

I feel like it's more likely we see something in a more indie space that's superhero, but not an adaptation of an existing license.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Why not a Jessica Drew game instead? Jess has unique powers, isn't just a blatant ctrl-V of another hero, and has her own supporting cast. Plus the whole single mom element would be really unique in the superhero sphere.
Jessica Drew would seem VERY much like a ctrl-v of Miles Morales...

Aside from flying and pheromones, and the lack of a camo ability, I can't imagine why she would seem so wildly unique gameplay-wise.

We could have a Scream game, Abigail Brand-led S.W.O.R.D. game for X-Men, Kitty Pride-led Marauders game for X-Men, Black Cat game, a Jane Foster game about the Valkyries (or possibly all nine realms), a Jessica Jones game, a She-Hulk game, an Ironheart game, a Wonder Woman game, etc., and they would all feel vastly different from just another Spiderman game...

I'm CRINE!...

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
People, can we please stop citing ensemble games? They have their place, but the OP is asking for a very specific thing.

Me yesterday: I hope I don't regret making this thread!
Me now: *internally screaming*

Dontnod maybe? I feel like a Jessica Jones game in the style of Life is Strange (or other similar games) would be cool.

Seriously. It's glaringly obvious some aren't reading the OP and even if they are, just don't care.

I think it's a mixture of both. There are some who genuinely misunderstand the question then at least apologize and engage with the topic sincerely then there's stuff like someone posting nothing but a cover of a DC female superhero ensemble game that's clearly aimed at young girls/pre teens as a 'sincere' response to my question...even though I'm obviously not asking for stuff like that. The latter is actual malice and trollish imo.
You have my condolences.

Anyways, give me another Sailor Moon game. I don't care how "unpopular" the IP is now, just do it.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly thought with the success of the Arkham games, we'd get a Wonder Woman action beat'em up borrowing a lot of the mechanics from those Batman titles, but it never happened. If I could pick anything, I know people want Spider-Gwen and she has a wider appeal, but I'd rather have a Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman spy thriller type of game.

OP
OP

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyways, give me another Sailor Moon game. I don't care how "unpopular" the IP is now, just do it.
I think the IP is still 'popular' but Toei / Bandai basically do nothing but milk 90s anime nostalgia for merchandise instead of doing interesting things with the IP. Sailor Moon Crystal was unfortunately a complete bust because they put no real work into it.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I've said it many times before, but I sincerely lament that Sailor Moon didn't get tons of games in the 2000s like Dragon Ball Z did to keep up interest in the IP when the "mothership" work ran its course. I would've played the crap out of a Sailor Moon Budokai.

Actually, let me amend my earlier statement. I lament that Sailor Moon's official North American presence basically dissipated after 2003 or so.

Last edited:

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I think wonder woman 1984 killed anybody touching the property for a long time.

Personally, I'd like to see a Jessica Jones game. Mix of detective and action.

Wonder Woman is too influential of a character to be ignored like that just because of a critically panned movie that didn't reach its budget due to the pandemic. She can still absolutely headline her own game.

A Jessica Jones detective game by Dotnod sounds like a great idea and I could actually see something like that be a reality.

I'm desperately hoping we get a Scarlet Witch game at some point, seeing as Wandavision really skyrocketed her popularity and the public's awareness of her!!!!

Now this is a game that I can definitely see happening in the future. It wouldn't surprise me if another Sony developer like Sucker Punch worked on that game to capture the scope of Wanda reality-warping powers.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I've said it many times before, but I sincerely lament that Sailor Moon didn't get tons of games in the 2000's like Dragon Ball Z did to keep up interest in the IP when the "mothership" work ran its course. I would've played the crap out of a Sailor Moon Budokai.

Actually, let me amend my earlier statement. I lament that Sailor Moon's official North American presence basically dissipated after 2003 or so.
Unfortunately western localizers don't bother with magical girl anime these days. I mean we're only now getting PreCure simulcasts despite it being one of the biggest anime franchises in Japan.

Oct 29, 2017
I agree and would most certainly love getting some fully fledged story focused superhero games featuring women heroes.

The Avengers game deserves cred for pulling off a great Kamala Khan focused story, though. I don't think it deserves to be dismissed. I loved the campaign/story mostly due to how much it focused on her coming of age tale.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Jessica Drew would seem VERY much like a ctrl-v of Miles Morales...

Aside from flying and pheromones, and the lack of a camo ability, I can't imagine why she would seem so wildly unique gameplay-wise.

We could have a Scream game, Abigail Brand-led S.W.O.R.D. game for X-Men, Kitty Pride-led Marauders game for X-Men, Black Cat game, a Jane Foster game about the Valkyries (or possibly all nine realms), a Jessica Jones game, a She-Hulk game, an Ironheart game, a Wonder Woman game, etc., and they would all feel vastly different from just another Spiderman game...

She would be VASTLY more unique than Spider-Gwen, who is literally a female ctrl-V of Peter down to having the exact same origin story as him.

Meanwhile, Jessica isn't even really a Spider-character, outside of her name. She has her own villains, her own friends outside of the Spider-Circle, she's way more interesting than Gwen. We could have her story be a mixture of SHIELD missions and smaller-scale city-level stuff. Plus, again, there's the whole single mom element, which would be a very unique detail for a superhero game.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Could you ever imagine a Spider-(Wo)man: Anya Corazon? No, neither do I.

Would be swell to get a Battle Angel Alita game, but I see probably more people clamoring for Baki the Grappler.

HorseFD

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
A Wonder Woman game would be great, but I'd also love a Batwoman game. There are some really good DC characters who haven't been used in games yet.

Dec 5, 2017
I hope it happens soon. There's a LOT to pick from and some of my favorites to see would be Domino, Gwenpool, or She-Hulk.

--------------

Would it be "An AAA" game or should it be "A AAA". Both seem right but "An AAA" feels weirder to say. Neither here nor there just curious.

The issue is how you say it "a triple a" sounds right. "An a-a-a" sounds right.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Just said it in another thread, but Black Widow (or even Ms Marvel) with a good story and script can absolutely be doable efficiently at an acceptable budget by Crystal Dynamics given their assets from Avengers and experience from Tomb Raider. Same would apply with Spider-Gwen from Insomniac.

Otherwise, I'd love to see a proper Elektra game.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about the legalities, but I think a Storm game would be interesting. I haven't read X-Men in years, but she had some interesting back stories, she's cool and stylish af, a PoC, and frankly a superhero game using weather effects instead of punches and lasers would be a nice change of pace.

STORM2014001COV_Ibanez.0.jpg

Last edited:

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Insomniac does a Gwen Stacey game at some point along the line. And a fourth of the cast of Gotham Knights is female, supposedly that story can be played through with any character, but I dunno if that really counts.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
She would be VASTLY more unique than Spider-Gwen, who is literally a female ctrl-V of Peter down to having the exact same origin story as him.

Meanwhile, Jessica isn't even really a Spider-character, outside of her name. She has her own villains, her own friends outside of the Spider-Circle, she's way more interesting than Gwen. We could have her story be a mixture of SHIELD missions and smaller-scale city-level stuff. Plus, again, there's the whole single mom element, which would be a very unique detail for a superhero game.
Agreed on all accounts except the single mom element, considering how relevant they've made Roger to her personal life for the past several years (which they've only just started deconstructing recently), and the gross exaggeration about Spider-Gwen being a Ctrl-V of 616 Spider-Man. Gwen's upbringing was different, it didn't take someone dying for her to start fighting crime, she's more of a detective while 616 Pete is a science-nut, Gwen Stacy wasn't an orphan, Gwen didn't really have an active dating life, alot of her story beats were driven by the guilt she felt over her universe's Peter Parker's death, she had a much earlier exposure to the multiverse, etc. Considering how Miles Morales literally gets the same sagas 616 Spider-Man had written into his storylines, I just don't see how this is an honest comparison at all...

My previous comment was only a reference to gameplay tho. Story-wise, of course Jessica Drew would be much different, especially if they decide to introduce "her" game during the Secret Invasion story...

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about the legalities, but I think a Storm game would be interesting. I haven't read X-Men in years, but she had some interesting back stories, she's cool and stylish af, a PoC, and frankly a superhero game using weather effects instead of punches and lasers would be a nice change of pace.

STORM2014001COV_Ibanez.0.jpg
Thinking of the possibilities with her weather powers is exciting. Could be a true showcase of next gen power for sure.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Gwen : Ghost-Spider after Spider-Man 2.
Please Insomniac.

Yes. Introduce Gwen as a friend of Miles who's studies focus on biological engineering. Peter and Miles bring her into the loop to find a way to stop Venom, and by the end of Spider-Man 2, she's developed her own stable symbiote suit.

Then that gives all three Spiders their own hook: Miles has his venom blasts and cloaking, Peter gets more suit tech, and Gwen has symbiote abilities.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Yes. Introduce Gwen as a friend of Miles who's studies focus on biological engineering. Peter and Miles bring her into the loop to find a way to stop Venom, and by the end of Spider-Man 2, she's developed her own stable symbiote suit.

Then that gives all three Spiders their own hook: Miles has his venom blasts and cloaking, Peter gets more suit tech, and Gwen has symbiote abilities.

Alright, can we get this person a job at Insomniac ?