• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Mania not only lived up to expectations for the IP but surpassed some of the original tunes

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
OP
OP
Xandalan

Xandalan

Oct 17, 2020
Sometimes I like to imagine a true mainline Saturn Sonic game, whether 2D or 3D, with 3D Blast's soundtrack. It's so atmospheric and beautiful
OH yea they had the framework they just got scared when they care about about a Sonic game better or worse they make something we remember.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
This thread is absolutely correct. Some of my favourites from the 3d titles are:
Live & Learn
www.youtube.com

Live and Learn by Crush 40 (Main Theme of SA2)

Live and Learn by Crush 40 (Main Theme of Sonic Adventure 2)LyricsVerse 1Can you feel life movin' through your mind?Ooh... looks like it came back for moreYe...

Escape from the City
www.youtube.com

Escape From the City (City Escape) - Sonic Adventure 2 [OST]

Game: Sonic Adventure 2Music: Escape From the City (City Escape)

What I Am Made Of:
www.youtube.com

What I'm Made Of…

Provided to YouTube by NexTone Inc.What I'm Made Of… · Crush 40 · Johnny Gioeli · Jun Senoue (SEGA) · Jun Senoue (SEGA)Super Sonic Songs - The Best Of Crush ...

His World (specifically the E3 version, but the composition is fantastic in either version)
www.youtube.com

Theme of Sonic the Hedgehog (E3 2006 Version) - Sonic the Hedgehog [OST]

Game: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)Music: Theme of Sonic the Hedgehog (E3 2006 Version)

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Timestamped for Sonic - You Can Do Anything. Decided to use this video as an excuse to link to every song related to Sonic CD.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7PcdGsqmko&t=34s

But OP is absolutely correct. There is no other game franchise with an as impressive musical portfolio like Sonic. The absolute range in variety and bangers is absolutely astonishing. Something about this franchise that allows composers to reach the highest of highs.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Mania music is the best of the best. Every single second of every single song is perfection.

Just like the game…

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Mystic Cave gets me every time. A real hype track from the very first second. I adore Lava Reef as well (act 1) as well as Flying Battery (act 1). Love Marble Zone as well...
But honestly I dont think Ive played a Sonic game with a bad soundtrack. Even that piss poor excuse for a Sonic game (Forces) had an ace soundtrack.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
Mystic Cave gets me every time. A real hype track from the very first second. I adore Lava Reef as well (act 1) as well as Flying Battery (act 1). Love Marble Zone as well...
But honestly I dont think Ive played a Sonic game with a bad soundtrack. Even that piss poor excuse for a Sonic game (Forces) had an ace soundtrack.

I love the idea that the avatar stages have vocals to sorta voice what your character's supposed to be thinking through the levels. Helps that the songs are also bangers.

View: https://youtu.be/BWmVcgI2tyE?si=DwU0rhHaDws3BmNH

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
It's a tie between Sonic, Final Fantasy and Mega Man

Mayyyyybe Kingdom Hearts, Donkey Kong and Persona too

This is pretty much my top 6 franchises for video game music as well. The only addition I can think of off the top of my head would be Zelda.