• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your Rotten Tomatoes score prediction?

• >90%

Votes: 68 7.8%
  • 75-90%

Votes: 97 11.1%
  • 60-75%

Votes: 234 26.8%
  • 45-60%

Votes: 293 33.6%
  • 30-45%

Votes: 113 12.9%
  • 15-30%

Votes: 50 5.7%
  • 0-15%

Votes: 18 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I should've had more faith the movie would've done well critically, but years and years of botched video game movie adaptations and underwhelming Sonic games made me hesitant to think that it would, especially after the pre-embargo reviews started rolling in.

If this movie manages to stay fresh, man, I don't even know what to say...

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
As much as I hate the fish out of water trope(should've gone full Mobius like SatAM), if he has robot sidekicks that he gets snarky dialogue with, I'm there on day 1.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's hard to mention in any capacity while still trying to avoid spoilers, but wow from the reviews I've seen it's an incredibly obvious implication that there's some sort of major cameo post-credits. Gotta be Tails and/or Knuckles.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I watched the ign review and thought "man this looks bad" but then the review ended with a score of 7/10. What? I mean... What?!

I didn't expect this at all.

I want a sequel where he's being hunted by Knack the Weasel and bumps into Knuckles. And don't forget a final showdown where he has to save Tails and Knuckles from METAL Sonic.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I'm so dissapointed this doing as well as it is. :(((((

AoQVJ7x.gif

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I, for one, am pleasantly surprised that this movie is being received well.

I'm curious how well Jim Carrey did as Eggman lol

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
??? why? I honestly hate posts or comments like these. It's pretty shitty to actively want something to suck that a lot of people are excited for or interested in.

Agreed. I can perfectly understand a fan being disappointed if something they were looking forward to ends up being not so good but to be disappointed because you wanted something like a movie to fail for no good reason is super immature. I hate the whole "delicious tears" mentality that some people thrive on.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The clip in the first 4 seconds of this video is the perfect way to start any fighting game match

Or to just play video games in general. I could see that being used a lot.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Critical reception ≠ ticket sales though. We have no idea if this'll have long legs past opening weekend to catch up to Detective Pikachu (although I'm hoping it does).
Ironically this is a movie that could have probably done just as well in the box office while rocking a 30-40% RT score. That it's fairly well-received is just the cherry on top.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Ironically this is a movie that could have probably done just as well in the box office while rocking a 30-40% RT score. That it's fairly well-received is just the cherry on top.
I agree with you, but of course we'll never know for sure. I'll gladly take this timeline where the movie is reviewing well though.
Some people get triggered over anything. It was a joke post. It even has a quintuple frowny face. lol

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I mean I wasn't super serious about it I just made an avatar bet and don't want to lose it D:

XD

That's truly a shame that you'll have to change your avatar. It sucks that this movie didn't tank and suck ass for all the fans out there and the livelihoods of all the people who worked hard on it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
47 on MC, but 70 rt. Is this bad or good?
Average, in terms of "quality" anyway. RT is just a measure for how likely you are to enjoy it, and even then RT has its own average rating that's a bit more "honest" since it calculates more reviews.

Movie reviewers have no real unified rating system. Games usually rate at 5/5 or 10/10 scales but movies generally employ anything from those aforementioned grading scales, to lettering grades, to 4/4 to 6/6 rating systems. People care a lot less about average ratings because of it.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Using an aggregate type against another really confuses me.

It's pretty straight forward. The majority of people gave it a positive review, but most of the positive reviews were tepid or just solid, and then it got some scathing ones pulling it down. No super positive glowing ones to hoist it up.