• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they deliver with Days Gone.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss was a solid game.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Wish them all the best but they aught to get better at marketing the game, cause knowing Sony they will send this shit out to die if development becomes too much of a hassle.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn Sony is investing like crazy on Bend, they'll become a major studio soon enough.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow support is almost half the people working on the game. I'm assuming stuff like art assets and whatnot

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
That is a shame that most of them are not on syphon filter: logan's return.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not talking about sales, touching more on quality.
LG, NMS comes to mind.

TLG was fairly well recieved by critics and was on numerous best of the year lists and sold pretty well for the type of game it is.

NMS isn't an exclusive and it's still going strong with a big multiplayer expansion and launch on the X1 in the near future.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
FWIW a friend of mine moved from the God of War team to work on Days Gone.

No, I don't know anything about anything (I'm serious) lol.

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot. He went to Sucker Punch, not Bend. Regardless, I bet SP is starting to ramp up too for Ghosts.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Must have one heck of an infrastructure to support so many people working on the same project together.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Thats a weird title. Reads like 250 (people from the studio) working on Days Gone, which is obviously impossible!

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Sony is doing awesome with their WWS. Keep the dope single player games coming Sony!

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Honestly I am not expecting much from Days Gone in terms of reaching the quality of level of Horizon, GoW and Uncharted. But Sony does seem to have faith in the studio so as long as the game doesn't bomb comercially(it won't) I can't wait to see what Sony Bend does with the sequel.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Must have one heck of an infrastructure to support so many people working on the same project together.

They are on the small end of Sony's studios in terms of personal and even then that's nothing on some of the thousand member teams making Rockstar and Ubisoft's big game.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Even though I wished Bend is not making zombie games(since if it's a success, we'll be spending probably 5+years on zombies before they attempt a new ip), I've always like all their previous games. They're a good studio and the more info we got from Days Gone make me a bit more excited for it.

Oct 25, 2017
they'll become a major studio soon enough.
They used to be
Syphon_Filter.jpg

after the weird co-op Syphon Filter on PS2 failed they were demoted to PSP and Vita till now.

I really wish they can put some of those people on a revival of Syphon Filter after Days Gone is out.
I need closure on that cliff-hanger!

Last edited:

Pennywise

Oct 25, 2017
What does third-party support even mean? Like fellow first party devs?
Partially.
Mostly just outsourcing on some tasks with companies that specialize in certain things. Could be art, music, videos and just about everything.
The next time you'll finish a game and the credits are on, take a good luck and you should be suprised how many different companies are usually attached to a title.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
I actually don't think we've had a single days gone or dreams thread that doesn't result in the two things
Studio being closed
Games bombing
in addition to "Horizon Zero Dawn will be a flop", "Crash was never good", "God of War is too safe and predictable", "Detroit is about domestic abuse", "ND, stop using extreme violence to sell your game" and "How many trailers does this game have, Kojima? Release some gameplay."

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Sony Santa Monica and Guerilla Games really worked their way up into the top tier of studios with their recent releases, joining Naughty Dog.
If Bend and Sucker Punch manage to deliver similarly, I think Shu deserves a big raise. Excellent 1st party management on Sonys part.

Frag Waffles

Apr 7, 2018
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...g-the-ambitious-development-of-days-gone.aspx

-Creative director, technical director and game director have been with Bend since original syphon filter. Gameinformer suggests that is one of the longest running teams of the industry. Wow.

-They're quite open about their influences for Days Gone and are proud of it. Really puts into perspective how out of touch the "oh it looks like generic this or that" crowd is.

-Lots more at the video.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
That's pretty impressive for Golden Abyss. That game has, in my opinion, the best puzzles in the franchise right next to Lost Legacy.

Nov 8, 2017
Last edited: