• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
well then why are you guys celebrating the reduction in price? because it happened because bolsonaro lowered the taxes..lol..

besides, this is a gaming forum, want to say fuck bolsonaro go to twitter

Fuck Bolsonaro all the way to hell.

In related news, Amazon Br has already lowered their prices.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Well, I was gonna buy it already, so I'm not gonna thank that dumbass fascist for this. But it's nice that I can add a game for the same price I was gonna pay anyway.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Already paid for mine, wonder how they will refund me the difference.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
That's still about a 60% premium. Is all of that still tax?

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
People kept asking for this on every single PlayStation Brazil tweet, lol. Good to know Sony followed suit (I'm not expecting Nintendo to do the same thing tho).

Oh and fuck Bolsonaro

Already paid for mine, wonder how they will refund me the difference.

If Sony handles it like Microsoft, you gonna have to contact the retailer. If you bought it on Amazon, its the easiest retailer to do this (they refund you automatically when the console ships).

Deleted member 78123

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 16, 2020
Cool that DualSense got the cut too! Xbox controller being more expensive it's really awkard considering it doesn't have battery, adaptive triggers and haptic feedback.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
If Sony handles it like Microsoft, you gonna have to contact the retailer. If you bought it on Amazon, its the easiest retailer to do this (they refund you automatically when the console ships).

I bought at Kabum with the 10% off they were offering plus an additional 5%. I'll follow this closely to see how they'll handle it.

MaestroChief

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 25, 2020
Only to tell your fellow people outside of Brazil:

- PS5 and Xbox pay 30% IPI tax.
- Switch pays 6% IPI tax.

The Series S cost R$2799,90 and the Switch cost R$2.999,90.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
I bought at Kabum with the 10% off they were offering plus an additional 5%. I'll follow this closely to see how they'll handle it.

Same here

And fuck bolsonaro

Me three.
Happy birthday to you all

Right now, people on Twitter are posting prints where the CS said there'd be no money back, but it's not like the reps would have an answer shortly after the cut was announced. I didn't follow how it was with the Xbox Series though.

Lange

Oct 22, 2020
Canada
First of all:

FUCK BOLSONARO AND SALLES 500 TIMES OVER

That said, even with the price cut this is well beyond what a brazilian can afford. Wages here are less than $199 a month.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Why the same price cut (R$ 300,00) for both editions? Shouldn't the cuts have been proportional to the previous prices?

Also, fuck Bolsonaro and anyone who supports him

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad they reduced. It's a good thing.

It's still not close to being viable.

Fuck Bolsonaro.

Why the same price cut (R$ 300,00) for both editions? Shouldn't the cuts have been proportional to the previous prices?

Also, fuck Bolsonaro and anyone who supports him
I'm guessing they consider this 10% just a fixed piece of the pie that is their price, not how the math was actually supposed to be like.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
How much the prices actually decreased:

1d0.gif

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yay my order on amazon already have the lower prices

also fuck bolsonaro

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
It's hilarious that someone is considering this 6% reduction a win for the government that caused the dollar-real ratio to be 1:6.
Apologists are something else, man.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
As an American looking in, might I add:

Fuck Bolsonaro. Also that price cut is cool too I guess.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Why were video games taxed so high in Brazil?

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Consoles with screen AKA portables pay 6%. Don't ask me why.

It would be fair if all them paid 15%.
So it's been classified as a tablet or cellphone by Receita Federal? I… you… what

Jesus, our tax system is completely bonkers. No wonder big businesses in Brazil hire people exclusively to deal with taxes, it's honestly impossible for the average Joe to understand how any of this shit works.

OP
OP
Thiago

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got an e-mail from Amazon, there's no action needed if you bought from them, they will refund the difference automatically.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
So it's been classified as a tablet or cellphone by Receita Federal? I… you… what

Jesus, our tax system is completely bonkers. No wonder big businesses in Brazil hire people exclusively to deal with taxes, it's honestly impossible for the average Joe to understand how any of this shit works.
IIRC, they're not seen as cellphones/tablets. There's a category of "game systems with screens attached".

Yup, our tax system is super insane. It should be way more simpler.

EDIT: obligatory FUCK BOLSONARO

lfelipebr

Dec 29, 2017
Piripiri - Brazil
And I just received a message via WhatsApp from Magalu about my XSX pre-order. They said they will refund R$ 400 to those who paid R$ 4999. I paid R$ 4750 using a 5% coupon.

Will I receive this refund, will it be proportional? Maybe I should contact them.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Same here

And fuck bolsonaro
Me three.
Happy birthday to you all

Right now, people on Twitter are posting prints where the CS said there'd be no money back, but it's not like the reps would have an answer shortly after the cut was announced. I didn't follow how it was with the Xbox Series though.

It indeed looks like Kabum will not issue a refund. They will also not refund people that pre-ordered Series S or X. Fuck them. And fuck Bolsonaro.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
As someone that mainly uses a dual shock 2 on pc and is out of touch with controllers prices, holy fuck they costs more than R$ 400 nowadays?

Back then R$ 400 was the price of a PS1 haha I know this is a long time ago yadda yadda, but still crazy...

Oh, and fuck Bolsonaro btw...

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
Que grande bosta, ahahahaha

Pretty much no difference. It's still an absurd price for most Brazilians.

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
Fuck Bolosauro.

I've just received the e-mail from Amazon with the discount that will be reinbursed into my card when the console leave Amazon's warehouse for delivery.