• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First of all, fuck Bolsonaro.

PlayStation_PS5_PreVenda_1280x720px.png

blog.br.playstation.com

Mudança de preço sugerido PS5

Novos preços sugeridos são resultado da nova redução de IPI para o mercado de games.

Brazil recently reduced a tax that allowed cheaper prices for video games sold in the country.

Microsoft announced a price cut for both Xbox Series X and S last week, and today Sony also announced new prices.

• PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – was R$4.499 now R$4.199*

• PlayStation 5 – was R$4.999 now R$4.699*

• DualSense – was R$499 now R$469*

• HD Camera – was R$449 now R$419*

Now we're waiting for Nintendo to follow suit.

Last edited:

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
This still seems to high. Over £600 for PS5 disk...They need to bring it at or below prices in Western countries. I am in the UK, and it is like £150 cheaper...

KeyChainDude

Oct 28, 2017
www.resetera.com

PS5 gets a price cut ahead of launch date in Brazil

From R$4999 to R$4699 (or R$4499 to R$4199 for the Digital Edition). This converts to around US$810 (tax included). https://blog.br.playstation.com/2020/11/03/mudanca-de-preco-sugerido-ps5/ Recently, new measures have been taken by the government reducing taxes for gaming-related electronics...

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Is it a tax reason that makes things so expensive over there, things that are shipped or something?

OP
OP
Thiago

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This still seems to high. Over £600 for PS5 disk...They need to bring it at or below prices in Western countries. I am in the UK, and it is like £150 cheaper...
The reduction was just for one of the many abusive taxes for video games.

It's a very expensive hobby around here, unfortunately.

CrazyNomad

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissive commentary and threadwhining about politics over multiple posts; Account in junior phase
well then why are you guys celebrating the reduction in price? because it happened because bolsonaro lowered the taxes..lol..

besides, this is a gaming forum, want to say fuck bolsonaro go to twitter

HIUHAU

May 27, 2018
Is there anyway I can save these R$300 if I've already preordered (in october) at R$4499? e.g. can I cancel it and rebuy or shouldn't I even bother?

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
well then why are you guys celebrating the reduction in price? because it happened because bolsonaro lowered the taxes..lol..

Why Twitter? There's a whole off-topic section on Era too you know. And there have been plenty of political threads on gaming side as well. Which is fine.

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
Politics or not, fuck Bolsonaro.

On the topic, the reduction is so tiny it wont change much. But better than nothing I guess.

Before I go, I would like to add one more thing: fuck Bolsonaro.

Tygerjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Still too expensive, if it ever hits 3k, then we'll talk
Fuck Bolsonaro, all his cronies and minions

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
High taxes + our currency means nothing nowadays. For example, Switch here was R$3000 in total. Around R$915 was just taxes as stated by my payment confirmation.
I wonder how this could be fixed. Would it be best to have manufacturing done there for tech companies, creating jobs and great prices? Is there a huge market?

Edit: Ah getting rid of their president.

bishoptl

Remember
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
I love how this thread has traversed, uniting as one behind console price reductions for our Brazilian compatriots and solidarity against their fucktard president. Proud of you.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I wish they'd at least price match MS. R$100 isn't that much when you're already at the thousands, but this is like half a game. Cmon Sony...😞

Jigu

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo, BR
"Always great to see lower prices", but also "don't believe Bolsonaro did you any favors while he screws the country over, you stupid dumbass".

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Liking a reduction in price and saying Fuck Bolsanaro do not have to be mutually exclusive.

Because, not sure if you heard this yet, Fuck Bolsanaro.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

No politics? Is this your first day on ResetEra?

And people can be happy their consoles are getting a little cheaper and still be critical of their shitty president that is crapping all over the country in basically everything else.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
I wonder how this could be fixed. Would it be best to have manufacturing done there for tech companies, creating jobs and great prices? Is there a huge market?

Edit: Ah getting rid of their president.
Wish I only get rid of that dumbass would solve problems here :( High taxes for consoles were always a thing here. Honestly, one post is not enough to explain Brazil.