• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
It's no gamepass but I'm glad that when I will acquire a PS5 I will have the option to subscribe for just a few months to catch up on all the PS5 exclusives I missed that have arrived on the service.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So PS3 games are still beign streamed? They still didn't figure a way to emulate it? No PS Vita support too.

Also costing twice the base one without either cutting the price of the original or the Premium is really dumb.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Well it sure sounds exactly like the leaks! Ultimately it makes sense to ditch the PS Now moniker.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Premium is really not compelling whatsoever

I do want to try Returnal though so I might get Extra for a month I guess

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
The monthly prices are ridiculous, but the annual prices seem in line with something I would pay for. Including games like Returnal and Miles Morales shows me that PS Studios will come to the service after about a year and a half, which seems somewhat reasonable. I'm going to be curious to see the full catalogue, and exactly WHICH PlayStation Studios games end up in here (is Ghost of Tsushima? What about TLOU2?).

Also - is there any way to play these games on a phone? Can you stream PS Now through an app?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not seeing anything about retro games, or any headline games to make the service attractive. Passing on any upgrade so far.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
no Crunchy? welp, looks like I'm sticking with regular Plus then

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
All of a sudden NSO expansion pass is looking like a bargain
83 quid a year are they serious

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Classic games only on the highest tier means I'm out. Not paying $120 for that.

And no Vita games :(

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
This looks like a great package. Basically anything first party older than a year.

I'm not interested in sub services though, so I just want to know whether I can buy PS1, PSP games individually. I guess more info will come over April, May and June.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
A real shame classic games get overpriced again, first Expansion Pass and now this, because I have no interest in the weak PS+ monthly free games.
I hope there will be a free trial, I might sub for a month and rush games I want to play, but it's really very expansive.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
The PS4/5 Cant emulate ps3, or even has an emulator for it. While it has a PSP and PS2 emulator for the PS1, PSP, And PS2 games
There is no evidence that the PS5 couldn't emulate PS3. RPSC3 runs on relatively lower powered machines and that's made by people in their basements who don't have access to PS3 source code like the multi billion dollar company. It's not perfect, but I'm sure as hell Sony could figure it out… I'm quite baffled they haven't because it just makes no sense to keep putting PS3s in server racks.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Wonder if there will be a way to buy the classic games outright or if they will be locked behind the service

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
More expensive (at least monthly - although many people have very good GP deals) and not as good as Game Pass. Meh. I mean, a good first step for Sony but I was hoping they were gonna bring the fire.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly surprised it's launching with that many games. No PS3 emulation is disappointing, though.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
From the GBiz article
Sony may not be putting its latest releases in, but there's still some popular PS5 titles in PS Plus Extra and Premium, including Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Returnal. But outside of its first-party games, Sony says "every major publisher" is present in the service, and conversations continue to go well.

"Whether it's indies, whether it's big games, or things that celebrate our heritage... all sorts of games," Ryan says. "We are going to have all of it, and hopefully a line-up that ticks all sorts of boxes."

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Doesn't seem like a great deal, since I don't care at all about replaying older titles. Personally would stick with just the base PS+ and hope I keep finding 12 months on sale for $40 haha.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda weird to announce this without any indication of what the titles actually are going to be…?

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Some really good stuff mixed in with some ok stuff.

I'd jump on it if, say, a steep discount were to be offered down the road.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Not paying that much for previous gen streaming and lackluster library of ps now.

UltraInstinct

Nov 19, 2017
I'm interested in PS1, PS2 games but not interested in these being tied to a subscription service. I wonder whether it will be possible to purchase and own these games separately from the service?

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Right before I head into work. Can't wait to get into these details and see all the overreactions. It's here folks.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad they kept the annual pricing discount.

No PS5 streaming, yeah that's something they got to get on.

Returnal and Miles Morales in the sub is a good start for PS5 games hope the rest of the launch games are there as well.

Load up on cheap Now because that's getting upgraded to the top tier.

Last edited:

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
AshamedPoliticalHalcyon-size_restricted.gif

Still has an annual sub discount ✅
Plus included in all tiers ✅

This is all I wanted to see....lol.

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
What a joke… it was expected to suck but it's worst that what I expected, I miss the PS4 lead so bad, Microsoft is probably laughing atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.