• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know that's the way we understand it to work, but where there was a distinction before getting a PS Now download and a monthly PS Plus game, now there is none. They are transacted in the same way and you receive the same invoice. If it was the case I wouldn't even be sure that it was intentional, it just might be worth filling your boots by adding the whole lot to your library in case it's a temporary oversight.
Weird overhere, both on the PS5 and the app, it is business as usual. One buy option, one download/add to library option, as it was with PS Now, now just with a PS+ sign and a yellow text.

Also still shows the PS+ sign when hovering over it.

In the app it says " included in Extra" for me..
That's the PS4 version. Remastered is locked behind a paywalled upgrade in Miles Morales.

Last edited:

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
Weird overhere, both on the PS5 and the app, it is business as usual. One buy option, one download/add to library option, as it was with PS Now, now just with a PS+ sign and a yellow text.

What do your invoices say, though?

Before I was getting the "thanks for your purchase" emails with likes of
Outer Wilds (PS Now Download)

Now it's just stuff like
Dead Cells (Full Game)

It's also, like, before PSNow just had that PS Now download button but now in the app there's an Add to Library. What is the significance of the extra step of adding these games to your library? What does that activate on your account (triggering the invoice email) that you wouldn't have already had by just being in the sub?

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
upgraded to Premium for £23, my sub is up in December, so thought I'd give it a go for that price, and see how it looks after 6 months to see if I'll stick with it or drop back down to basic.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Mainly upgraded for Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding directors cuts.

Had a browse and... not much else catching my eye?

So the older generation games are just streamed, right?

Not sure this holds a candle to gamepass, or ever will really.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell... The PS3 catalog went from 300+ titles to just 85. I knew it was bad, but a lot of titles have just been janked without notification.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Time to buy Resident Evil 1 and play that over the weekend.

"Resident Evil 1 = Free"

…okay. That's pretty damn awesome that I still own all these games.

Enderofit

Jan 15, 2021
I could add RE Director's Cut, Syphon Filter and Oddworld to my library because I got them as PS1 classics back in the day as PS+ games. According to my library the new games are not even tied to PS+ at all, so that's nice.

So, since I'm greedy, I thought I could try buying the Toy Story 2 classic on my Vita for €2, to see if that would give me access to the PS4/PS5 versions. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work. Also tried with echochrome micro for PSP, but alas. I'm too cheap to try it with Ape Escape or Jumping Flash.

I'll check again later, but for now I'm guessing they did some one-time license conversion or something.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
So going through the games and there are lots plus there are some really great games on there. I would argue it really does rival gamepass in terms of quality. It really is good.

But boy do they need more ps1 games. Like it's the main selling point for me and there are hardly any. On top of that why is there games that I cannot buy? Like I want to OWN Resident Evil not just play while I am subbed. Every game on there should be able to be purchased and possibly even with a discount like gamepass.

So early days, but I am impressed with what's there. I just fall into the category of I guess "boomer" gamer in that I want to own my games. So I guess I would more use it as a demo thing and than buy what I like. Which so far personally is where gamepass tops this. Not only is every game available for purchase, but gives a discount to boot.

So hopefully these things can get added!

On the plus side I doubt that PS1 games will get rotated out. So the collection should just get better every month.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Well, that is me downloading Returnal, Death Stranding PS5, Demons Souls, and indeed my purchase of Syphon Filter from back on PS3 has me owning the PS4/PS5 version. Soon as they add WipEout and Metal Gear Solid then I will own them too. Oh and Final Fantasy 7. I think that was all the PSO Classics I bought back then. Anyway, felt wrong to fire up Returnal in the bright sunshine of a hot fucking day here in Scotland, will wait for darkness later on. Got until November before I have to re-up if I want to, so hopefully they add more games in the next few months.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Shoutout to the updated Playstation Now app on PC (Now also called Playstation Plus) for still not having DualSense support. It also doesn't quit when you close it, only minimises to the system tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.