• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I made a thread on Neogaf back in the day betting PS4 would surpass 100 million before 2020 and a ton of people thought I was crazy. Now I can't figure ND that old thread and don't even want to look at that place anymore after what it's become. :(

I checked the other day, I was almost on point with the XBO and WiiU, but I was very low on the PS4. Around 85m, I think

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I think Sony should consider selling PS5 at a initial loss like the old days to cash in on this momentum. They have more ways than ever now to make it up on the backend thanks to the internet.

They should even promote Cross Buy/Play/Save as a way to get all these PS4 owners comfortable migrating even if there is another PS3-like software drought.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Wouldn't that make their point stronger against selling at a loss? Nobody at Sony wants to again to what they went with the PS3 at launch

Well it's a question of want the headline to be. "Sales Down XX% As Sony sees a profit" or "Sales Up X%, As Sony takes a loss".

I think during a launch short term loss would be fine if it meant long term gains. Especially if you can make it up with subscriptions.