• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will the game show in August after being a bust in June?

• Yes

Votes: 653 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,147 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
If the Castlevania rumor is true, what would this mean for the chances of a Castlevania Collection 2? I've already got Requiem and the first Collection, but I NEED those GBA and DS games on modern consoles.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Pyramid Head needs to stay the hell away from any new game.
One of the problems with the games post 4 was the reliance on 'hey remember this, hey hey remember this' bullshit.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
www.destructoid.com

Castlevania Requiem is a PS4 exclusive because Sony partnered with Konami

‘Partnership with SIE Worldwide Studios to create these high-quality ports’ Castlevania fans cheered for Requiem, a new two-pack that includes...

It was ported, at least in part, by SIE WWS. This is known.
Interesting. Sony working on Konami IP started some years ago then.

I know one more thing I can't share, but let me just say I am pretty adamant the 4chan rumor stuff is a load of hogwash.
Good to hear, cause who thought they would actually BUY any IPs from another publisher? Sony really doesn't go round doing that. They have only really ever arranged deals to work on or finance existing IPs in exchange for some form of exclusivity for their console business.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine because it's made with 60fps in mind?

That's not how engines work. Decima can run at 60fps at lower graphics and/or resolution. Decima's flagship games, Horizon and DS, focus on graphics over framerate. That's why they're 30fps. It isn't an engine limitation. MGSV was 60fps because it's a last-gen game and they made many compromises in graphics.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Not by sales, not by critical acclaim, and for sure not by overly player feedback.... So...?
So that gives you permission to call peoples opinion who do like it more "garbage"? You're being ridiculous. It's also amusing that you're using sales and reviewer opinions to try and make an argument against peoples opinions on a game.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If this ever becomes true then I would assume maybe Sony Pictures would also be involved

seeing as I can see them wanting to make movies out of said I.Ps

and video game movies are now becoming a thing again

Strajack

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 16, 2020
I wonder what the connection between this rumor and the bluepoint rumours surrounding Konami IP are all about.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
metal-gear-rising-revengeance-2_176vv.png

I don't want to hope.

But MGR2 is all I really want from Konami IPs at this point.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Some good exclusives after losing some of their own would balance my worries with the company. I'll allow it.

Now remake Silent Hill 2 and all will be good with me. PS5 exclusive, 4K, 120hz, HDR,RTX, No loading, 3D audio. Yes Yes Yes!

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
We know that Bluepoint hired people with experience animating armor and swords. So unless Pyramid head is bulking the fuck up, i don't see Bluepoint currently working on a Silent Hill remake. Demon's Souls, a JRPG IP, or Castlevania better fit the profile of what we know Bluepoint is working on.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Dear Konami, I'll pay $5,000 for the Bloody Roar IP for use in perpetuity to develop video games on consoles, computers and mobile devices. You can have free rights to use the IP for gaming and Pachinko machines. I feel that amount is adequate compensation for the value of the franchise in its current state. PM me.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Funny enough the people pleading for Sony to take mercy on Bloody Roar or Suikoden, have a stronger case. Konami selling off either of those IPs is more likely than they ever even considering selling Castlevania, SH or MGS for any amount of money Sony could come up with.

Era:"Konami will drag Metal Gear, Silent Hill, and Castlevania to it's grave, so why don't you at least try to rescue *insert obscure Konami IP that the average person does not know exists* instead Sony?"

*Jim Ryan turns to Hulst*
Ryan: "What is a Suikoden, and why are anime Twitter profiles asking for us to rescue them from Konami?"
XD

Last edited:

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
We know that Bluepoint hired people with experience animating armor and swords. So unless Pyramid head is bulking the fuck up, i don't see Bluepoint currently working on a Silent Hill remake. Demon's Souls, a JRPG IP, or Castlevania better fit the profile of what we know Bluepoint is working on.
Isnt the rumor Team Siren is working on the reboot SH? Not Bluepoint.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Now that's some top-tier greed, lol
I mean, I would trust Bluepoint with a Silent Hill 1 remake more than Kojima with writing an original quality Silent Hill narrative, sooooo. But beggars can't be choosers, so if Sony is willing to throw us Silent Hill fans a bone (or multiple bones apparantly), i Will gladly take whatever.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
By the metric that MGR is one of the best action games ever and the only MG game to go "you know what this is fucking stupid" and decides to have fun.

Ah, so, opinions.

So that gives you permission to call peoples opinion who do like it more "garbage"? You're being ridiculous. It's also amusing that you're using sales and reviewer opinions to try and make an argument against peoples opinions on a game.

Objectively =/= Opinions

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so, opinions.

Objectively =/= Opinions
How is shitting on MGR and people who like it objectively fact? One of the things you use as a "fact" against it is reviews, which is just peoples opinions.

Using your logic one could go around and proclaim Red Dead Redemption II, a divisive game on Era, is objectively better than Bloodborne, a game loved on Era, because they scored a 97 and a 92 respectively on Metacritic.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
After Spider-Man SIE is confident to get license rights to certain IPs and let their own teams/or collab partner working on them.

That's the scenario I can think of is true behind the scenes. Hiphopgamer mentioned this as well in January. SIE won't acquire any IPs but rather acquire some studios and one per each year.

I'm just looking at Japan Studio from a business standpoint. Siren, Puppeteer, Gravity Rush and Knack failed. Gavin Moore's team, Toyama's team and Ape Escape team are failures. They are now approaching established IPs for them.

Gavin's team gets Castlevania and Yamagiwa was promoted to the team as senior producer with his experience from Bloodborne. From Software partnership ended.

Toyama's team gets Silent Hill.

Ape Escape team gets Ape Escape.

One creator after Ueda who achieved BAFTA Awards with his PSP game and sold well in Europe is now getting the piedestal at Japan Studio. When Ueda left in 2012 Kouno took over the worldwide trust from Ueda to make a new IP. His team is the only one who has making noise behind the scenes by trademarking a new title in 2017. Have the opportunity to go to Sweden and hold a speech in 2018 and learning English. Ueda is the only creator at Japan Studio who was in Sweden before. Kouno is getting 10 years from Sony to work on a new IP.

Everyone else is radio silence. Toyama's new IP got cancelled in 2018 as he said at the end of 2018 when things didn't go well as planned. Gavin Moore's new IP pitch has most likely being cancelled too. New IPs takes very long to make nowadays.

I wouldn't be shocked if SIE really was in talks with Universal Entertainment Corp (formely Aruze) to get license rights to Shadow Hearts IP in 2015. The creator's studio, WILDROSE, is now a thing. They were in talks with Marvel and Insomniac in 2014. The year after they go after Shadow Hearts followed up by Konami IPs in coming years.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Pyramid Head needs to stay the hell away from any new game.
One of the problems with the games post 4 was the reliance on 'hey remember this, hey hey remember this' bullshit.

Absolutely, Pyramid Head should always have stayed as James' monster. It was thematically great in SH2, but has always felt out of place in the other games and films.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
How is shitting on MGR and people who like it objectively fact? One of the things you use as a "fact" against it is reviews, which is just peoples opinions.

Using your logic one could go around and proclaim Red Dead Redemption II, a divisive game on Era, is objectively better than Bloodborne, a game loved on Era, because they scored a 97 and a 92 respectively on Metacritic.

But I wasn't the one that declared
Nah it's pretty much the objective truth.
In regards to MGR being the best Metal Gear game.

Objectivity in determining apples and oranges is completely pointless. Is Rising a better game than MGS1? MGS2? Are they even comparable?(No.) Is there an objective way to directly compare them? We can look at other factors, like the game's relative popularity (it's sales), cultural significance(Merchandise, what's talked about, other adaptions) or critical consensus (review scores). If we are going to be objective in those 3 categories, then Rising loses out in all three, making it, in the most objective sense we can think of, not the best game in the series.

I don't even hate MGR, I just think putting it up on a pedestal to shit on the rest of the series is pretty stupid.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Eeh This is no guarantee that it will be a success. Look at Bayonetta 2. I know Bayo 3 happens but it's not immediate (also we haven't really heard much since reveal about it)

...What? Bayonetta is a game about an oversexualized, leather wearing witch that relies on high speed, intense action combat. It is a very niche series despite being well regarded by gamers. Silent Hill can actually tap into a mainstream audience since the market for horror games seems to b expanding. All that the PlayStation exclusive Silent Hill needs to do is be a quality game and people will flock to it. The horror appeal has already proven successful with other PlayStation franchise this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.