• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I only buy in 12 month increments anyway which works out cheaper in the long term so this doesn't affect me, but it sucks for those who only sub for content they're interested in.

Future_TraX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basel, Switzerland
WHAT THE FUCK?
Are they insane?
1 fucking € and 10 god damn swiss francs??!
HOW??
Do they have the feeling any swiss is rich?

Switzerland:
12 months - 69.90 CHF (from 59.90)
3 months - 27.90 CHF (from 24.90)
1 month - 9.90 CHF (from 7.90)

OP
OP
Warrior of Light
Jan 11, 2018
Yeah, the Euro countries aren't hit as hard by this. Good for them. Like someone else already pointed out though, prices always seem to change when there's an excuse for them to go up. Never the other way around. Funny how that works.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I'm on the fence about renewing next year at this point. Post killing off Vita & PS3 offerings PS+ has been super underwhelming for me thus far. So far it's been 100% games that have been super cheap on PS4 or elsewhere already. The days of "oh shit, that's a good one" have long past for me. If they aren't going to get aggressive with offering newer, AAA (or even AA) titles, then I don't really see the point for me personally. Like for example, Horizon: Zero Dawn, a 2-year-old game at this juncture, still hasn't been offered on the service. Why?

Not having online will be a bummer, but I use it pretty infrequently. For me that was more-or-less the bonus to games and discounts; I can always just piecemeal pick-up a month of PS+ if there's an online game I really want to get into. But paying $60 a year for maybe 2 or 3 games a year that I don't have already is making less and less sense. If they raise the price again stateside, Sony will have made the decision for me.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Ah i bought until end f this year for £30 a year ealry last yeat. you can easult get 12 monhst for £32 still here.

Sony is being very Sony by reducing the amount you get then raising the price.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
No one would be subbing if MP was free, they know that. So does Microsoft

Uh, what? PS+ started on PS3 and the main hook was "free" games. Infact, said "free" games are still the only reason I sub. I don't really play MP.

Granted, the games given now are ones i own or that i don't care about. Gotta remain subbed to keep access to the games.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Ah i bought until end f this year for £30 a year ealry last yeat. you can easult get 12 monhst for £32 still here.

Sony is being very Sony by reducing the amount you get then raising the price.

Yep i subbed up to 2021 last time it was cheap but don't plan to renew as never really play MP games on Sony platforms atm.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Damn! I do hope they don't increase the price for US accounts, at least for the yearly plan. I suppose they are preparing for PS5 next year, but that's still a bit far away and it's weird to take away games and raise the price, it looks terrible.
I really hope they don't plan to pull some kind of bullshit when the PS5 arrives and still offer 2 PS4 games claiming "These are PS5 games as well because they're compatible with the console".

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, what? PS+ started on PS3 and the main hook was "free" games. Infact, said "free" games are still the only reason I sub. I don't really play MP.

Granted, the games given now are ones i own or that i don't care about. Gotta remain subbed to keep access to the games.
Yes, and they got maybe a million subs. It was not the hit they were hoping for. Then they decided to make it mandatory for PS4 and now they have about 38 million subs.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
If you shop around, you will never pay the full price for the 12 months digital code anyway. I normally find a code for around £35-40 online instead of the £50 Sony is asking for

Fingerthing

Oct 27, 2017
At this rate, I'm soon ready to jump ship to Microsoft in the next generation. Sony's been acting like bellends for the past few years.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I would end my subscription but they're holding all those monthly games hostage from me. Don't wanna lose them shits.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Sony dominates Europe so they feel they probably can get away with it without any repercussions. I predict other future fees for you guys like maybe a charge for ps4 enhancements or something.

Oct 27, 2017
Shit service at a stupidly high price. At least Nintendo has the good sense to charge much less for their garbage. Lower or drop your price for online play only, MS, and I'll switch to Xbox next gen.

Oct 25, 2017
If you shop around, you will never pay the full price for the 12 months digital code anyway. I normally find a code for around £35-40 online instead of the £50 Sony is asking for
That's not possible in most countries because the deals are mainly for US and UK and the codes are region locked. UK isn't really getting hit by this hike anyway.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only the 1, 3 and 6 months subscriptions, i guess to make people think twice and get 1 year instead, bad for some users but brilliant business model tbh.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
#4ThePlayer

Ironically I bought PS+ for the first time ever about a month ago to play Firewall. For me the worst thing about PS+ is that their Network is just bad, not the price. I downloaded Blood & Truth the other day, and it took hours to download. Any other platform and it would have been done in like 30 minutes for me.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shit service at a stupidly high price. At least Nintendo has the good sense to charge much less for their garbage. Lower or drop your price for online play only, MS, and I'll switch to Xbox next gen.
Shit and garbage? Damn, in more than 10 years using PSN the only issue i had was when the service got hacked. I will even go as far to say XBL has given me more headaches.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Let's take away content, raise the price and still have shit servers.

Great job
Whats wrong with the servers? Probably a variable factor depending on where one live, but personally, i've always maxed out my download speed (i only have 40Mbit at the moment though, but still. I live in northern Europe).

I don't think so. When they announced the end of PS3 and Vita games, they also said they'd have more to talk about with regards to Plus early this year.
Do you have a link to that statement? I vagely remember something about it now that you mentioned it, but i couldnt find anything by quickly searching on Google.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Shit and garbage? Damn, in more than 10 years using PSN the only issue i had was when the service got hacked. I will even go as far to say XBL has given me more headaches.
Might be regional, but I've never had reliable speeds from Sony's servers, which rendered PS Now useless. Not to mention it took them over a decade to figure out name changes. So yeah, if I switch, I won't miss PS+.

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
That's not possible in most countries because the deals are mainly for US and UK and the codes are region locked. UK isn't really getting hit by this hike anyway.

In Europe the Plus is at 45 € 3 or 4 time a year. Never paid more than 45 €. This on the store. There are external sites that sell it cheaper but never bought on those.

Oct 25, 2017
In Europe the Plus is at 45 € 3 or 4 time a year. Never paid more than 45 €. This on the store. There are external sites that sell it cheaper but never bought on those.
For the past year you haven't been able to buy Plus on sale if you're a current subscriber, this prevents stacking them. The last time it was possible was last year's Days of Play. If they're preventing it on this year's Days of Play, it's safe to say that sub-stacking is over.

Oct 27, 2017
Booooo, just in time for that sweet MH expansion!!! I'll need a second job. If anyone's interested in having a sexy time via phone, pm me.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
PSN Asia here where we get MYR 10 discount during the holidays if we spend more than MYR 300. It's great.

Price increase starts 1 August:
12-month RM129 to RM159.
3-month RM 43 to RM 69.
1-month RM 21 to RM 29.

We get discounts frequently for Chinese, Korean and Japanese localised games but not English. It's really great.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
these fees need to go away, i feel that it's hurting long term growth of their platforms and online engagement.

Oct 30, 2017
Ugh, remember how we found out that the PlayStation division made more in the last fiscal year than the entire 6 years the PS2 dominated the market?

Time to raise prices!

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Damn. I was gonna stop getting yearly for Japan and just get a month whenever something worthwhile was released since they removed Vita/PS3 content and replaced it with nothing. Guess I won't get Plus at all until it improves.

Oct 25, 2017
these fees need to go away, i feel that it's hurting long term growth of their platforms and online engagement.
It's making them ridiculous amounts of money and they don't need to even provide any service in return because publishers/developers are still in charge of their own game servers and they get none of your sub money.

Xbox 360 gamers accepted this and now the cancer has spread to every console. It is not going away.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
For the past year you haven't been able to buy Plus on sale if you're a current subscriber, this prevents stacking them. The last time it was possible was last year's Days of Play. If they're preventing it on this year's Days of Play, it's safe to say that sub-stacking is over.
Wait really? You can't stack that shit anymore like the hamster in your avatar??

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
No idea if/when a hike will come for the states so i went ahead and bought 2 years.

Can't wait to get overcooked 2 as a free game in 2021.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait really? You can't stack that shit anymore like the hamster in your avatar??
Yeah, Sony did three Plus sales since Days of Play last year and each time it was restricted from existing Plus subscribers. Days of Play is the only hope for a possible sub-stacking opportunity.

If Days of Play also restricts Plus sales from existing subscribers now, the only way to stack is by buying codes.