Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So according to the post series novels.

Hisagi the soul reaper with the scythes and chains shinkai is nigh invincible. Because his soul cutter's ability is to constantly heal him, the bankai constantly heals him AND his foe until one of them run out of soul energy

Remember that random arrcanr that Yammy kills after she fixes his arm? Turns out she comes back mike be the strongest arrcanr ever.

So all 11 division captains are nuts. One's bankai was so destructive that Yamamoto banned him from ever using it. But the dude that took him was EVEN WORSE. He didn't have a sword or a shinkai, only a Bankai that was active all the time, that allows him to merge with his surroundings, think Pica from one piece but instead of just stone with everything even the air.

The scientist Esparda comes back TWICE.

Turns out Fullbrings are actually important, cause they are born with parts of the soul king in them.

Ywhach and Aizen just existing kept the gates of hell closed because of how high their spirit pressure was. With them gone it is no easier for things to break out.

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
So is Kenpachi just cracking the Earth with every step he takes now Planet Hulk style or what?

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Hisagi seems pretty beatable. Just don't allow him to attack. I'm super ready for the Hell Arc to start tho.

Cebrudras

Oct 27, 2017
That thing about the door to hell having been stuck shut because of spiritual pressure variation due to the badass villains actually sounds sick.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Are we ever going to get an explanation for why soul society is run by the literal scum of the earth and everywhere else on the planet send to have figured it the hollow situation hundreds of years ago?

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Are we ever going to get an explanation for why soul society is run by the literal scum of the earth and everywhere else on the planet send to have figured it the hollow situation hundreds of years ago?
I think that will play into the story of the original captains. If they ever do it. They had one captain who love going around the battle field stabbing corpses to make sure they were dead

Suichimo

Mar 17, 2021
Yeah, I have no qualms continuing to look at Bleach as nothing more than the flaming train wreck it is. I rode that train wreck to the end of the line and Kubo hasn't done anything since to change my opinion on that.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That's a legit reason for why the world isn't crawling with hollows tho XD. And a good setup for a paradigm shift

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I love how the state of the Bleach world seems to be "Okay, every country has its own afterlife and they're all okay EXCEPT Japan. We've absolutely fucked it, lads."

GifGafJef

Dec 19, 2022
Wait Theres been more bleach after the ending with yWack? IS this stuff from the Burnt the Witch short stories?

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man this all sounds real dumb, and Bleach is already really fuckin dumb.

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
The novels aren't written by Kubo and not all of them were written after the manga ended.

Spirits are Forever With You focused on Don Kanonji, Roka (the nurse arrancar that was experimented on by Szayel), 11th division captains, and a Szayel clone Cien Granz took place during the 17 months Ichigo didn't have any powers

Can't Fear Your Own World focused on Hisagi, Hikone (an artificial hybrid), Aura (extremely powerful Fullbringer), and Tokinada (newly appointed head of one of the great noble clans the Tsunayashiro) took place a short time after the Thousand Year Blood War.

Szayel's 2nd appareance, Aizen and Yhwach stuff happen during the one shot New Breathes from Hell and is actually written by Kubo.

thillygooth

AVALANCHE
Jan 5, 2023
Hisagi the soul reaper with the scythes and chains shinkai is nigh invincible. Because his soul cutter's ability is to constantly heal him, the bankai constantly heals him AND his foe until one of them run out of soul energy

From what I remember about the Bankai, it combines the reiatsu of both the opponent and Hisagi, meaning they continue to regenerate from attacks (both of them) until the pool of reiatsu dries up causing them both to die... meaning he needs someone outside of his Bankai's radius to get the finishing blow on the opponent, since they won't be connected to it.

So yeah, it's the perfect Bankai for a one-on-one duel if you absolutely have to kill someone so far out of your power level. Thanks to mutually assured destruction... but you're only invincible for as long as your combined reiatsu lasts, since that's what's regenerating your wounds.

thillygooth

AVALANCHE
Jan 5, 2023
Can't Fear Your Own World focused on Hisagi, Hikone (an artificial hybrid), Aura (extremely powerful Fullbringer), and Tokinada (newly appointed head of one of the great noble clans the Tsunayashiro) took place a short time after the Thousand Year Blood War.

Also Gremmy's brain is a part of Hikone too. Dunno why he couldn't just recreate a new body instead of had his brain put into a Frankenstein body but I never read the novel, just loose synopsises.

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Also Gremmy's brain is a part of Hikone too. Dunno why he couldn't just recreate a new body instead of had his brain put into a Frankenstein body but I never read the novel, just loose synopsises.
It was all under Tokinada's order, Gremmy didn't have anything to do with it. Tokinada wanted to make an artificial hybrid capable of taking the Soul King's place so that he can be the one giving it orders. All the parts were given to Aura so that she can create the hybrid with her powers and Hanataro's brother Seinosuke would be making sure Hikone is kept stable.

thillygooth

AVALANCHE
Jan 5, 2023
Cool. But like... I was of the opinion that Gremmy probably wasn't really dead considering he himself was just a brain in a vat, and he wasn't damaged after his fight with Kenpachi. Only his created body was.

Am I wrong? Was his consciousness completely gone and the brain was just... dead?

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. But like... I was of the opinion that Gremmy probably wasn't really dead considering he himself was just a brain in a vat, and he wasn't damaged after his fight with Kenpachi. Only his created body was.

Am I wrong? Was his consciousness completely gone and the brain was just... dead?
Gremmy is dead, his consciousness is completely gone. His final words are saying that he's going somewhere he won't be able to imagine anything at.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Also, she gains the powers of anyone she eats
latest

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Aizens Bankai is the chair, prove me wrong.

Either that or it is forged of the body of the Soul King.

Oct 28, 2017
I quite like all the Can't Fear your Own World novels. Tokinada is really unlike any other villain we have seen in Bleach and the characterisation of characters like Tosen really improve them immensely.

At times it reads like a mix between a fan fic (Kenpachi is overpowered to a ridicules degree for example) and a way for Kubo (through Narita) to explain all the things he didn't have time for in the manga because of his illness, but overall it makes the ending of Bleach so much better.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
Aizens Bankai is the chair, prove me wrong.

Either that or it is forged of the body of the Soul King.
I like the theory I saw that Aizen can never really use his bankai because it would end the effect of his Shikai removing the effect of the hypnosis on anyone he used it on. So he has to stay in Shikai or the years he put into hypnotizing everyone was wasted.

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
I want to know what happend in Hueco Mundo with remaining arrancar and quincy

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
The guy with the permanent Bankai sounds nuts. Makes Ichigo's permanent Shikai even more wack. Oh cool you can throw energy blades. Yawn.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I'd think Aizen's bankai should have more or less been what Tsukishima had. With his illusions being able to rewrite people's pasts, but...that wouldn't be a cool big destructive power. I think Kubo never got a particularly good balance between something that would be big and flash/still fit Aizen's illusion theme/could actually be beat. But then again that was that one Sternritter who could just imagine stuff into reality, which, in theory is a straight upgrade to Aizen's shikai. As well as a straight upgrade to most people's abilities.

Ryno

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry op but Bleach lore in combination with your spelling/grammar made this a nightmare to read