• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm impressed by the stability of Xbox numbers through generations. Just lost 1K, not bad !

Turrican2

Oct 28, 2017
Hamburg
Honestly how much has MS really gone for Europe? I feel I've seen the words Playstation and Europe way more than I have Xbox and Europe together.

To be honest - MS never had a chance here with XBOX.
A little anecdote: Some of my friends had an X360(me included), almost all a PS3, last gen nobody seriously nobody had a XONE.
MS messed up that one generation that was important to keep people in your eco system.
In the US Microsoft might get close to the PS5 numbers, in Europe and the rest of the world Playstation and Nintendo will dominate again.
But that is only my humble personal projection. And to be honest it is not that important anyway - as long as we see three healthy ecosystems that push console feature and games further and further it is a win win win situation for every gamer. :)

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
These have to be basically supply-constrained shipped numbers, right? Hard to imagine tens of thousands of new Xboxes just sitting on shelves, outside of a scenario like the things being overshipped to Japan for some reason.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
It appears that the stories regarding manufacturing issues where all false and Sony did supply more consoles than the PS4 launch. Still, the device is extremely supply constrained and the number could have easily been triple or more.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Everything looks normal, wasn't a thread saying crazy numbers for PS5 world wide?
It is more expensive than the PS4 at launch so numbers in terms of dollars are going to be great.

But yeah stock doesn't look amazing for either PS5 of Xbox. And honestly there are people predicting crazy Switch numbers but that doesn't seem to have crazy stock either. Its been sold out of most stores for months where I live. And when they get them in they are gone in a day or two. I would have guessed if you are setting records you have to have record amounts of stock too.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how much that were if the console weren't actually constantly sold out everywhere.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Oh if Spain got 43K PS4's lol... No wonder we barely got any (no restocks either) in Netherlands.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if this gen will be a repeat of the previous that Sony sold gangbuster more than Microsoft.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I don't think you really need more than the history of sales between Xbox and PlayStation in Spain to know how the generation will play out, but yeah, Sony's brand power is stupidly high right now, and they can sell whatever they stock.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if this gen will be a repeat of the previous that Sony sold gangbuster more than Microsoft.
I guess the real question is, has MS made any ground in countries that's not the UK or US? I've heard they're more popular in Brazil and Mexico, but that's it. Meanwhile everywhere else is defaulted to Nintendo or Sony.

Liabe Brave

Professionally Enhanced
Oct 27, 2017
But yeah stock doesn't look amazing for either PS5 of Xbox.
PS5 has almost certainly provided more stock than any console launch in history. The comparisons are harder, but it's quite possible Microsoft have put out the second most stock in launch history. That this still isn't enough to satiate demand doesn't make them less impressive.

Uhhhh...

PS3 was a big drop, and it took till PS5 to break PS2 numbers. hehe
The thread, and the comment, is about Spain. But even looking worldwide, the second part of your statement is false. PS4 also launched higher than PS2.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 has almost certainly provided more stock than any console launch in history. The comparisons are harder, but it's quite possible Microsoft have put out the second most stock in launch history. That this still isn't enough to satiate demand doesn't make them less impressive.

The thread, and the comment, is about Spain. But even looking worldwide, the second part of your statement is false. PS4 also launched higher than PS2.

It says PS4 = 38k. PS2 = 40k

🤷‍♂️