• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
20-Supaidaman.w1200.h630.jpg

We better be getting this guy

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Is this artist speak? What are 1s, 2s, and 3s?
Sorry, not really artist speak, just technical animation speak.
Ones = every frame has new image
Twos = every other frame has new image
Threes = every third frame

Modern Disney CGI and some very exceptional older 2D stuff like Akira or The Thief and the Cobbler was done on 1s.

Most other 2D stuff was on 2s, and stop motion stuff was on 2s or even 3s, due to the investment in time spent increasing respectively.

With this, there may not be a new frame each image, but that's because each image is packed full of effects meaning each one has a ton of work done on it.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So hyped for this. PLEASE let this be a success... I loved the books too, even though there were a few missteps IMO.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Looks amazing.
This is like my dream comic-book movie for several reasons:
1) I think most superheroes would be better served by animation than by live-action.
2) I love multiverse fuckery.
3) An animated movie from a major US studio with a strikingly unique visual style? That's possible? Fuck yeah.

I hope it'll do great at the box-office but I could see it doing Lego Batman numbers. And I wonder how wide of a release it'll get in my country. Lego Batman got zero push over here and wasn't even shown in my city. Still, if I can see it, I'll be there day one.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Dang this is in christmas?
Winter's gonna have some great movies
Morales Spiderman, Bumblebee, Aquaman

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That trailer was sick. Loved the music and the art style.

I'm totally clueless when it comes to the actual comic books so what's the premise? Is this an alternate universe where there's multiple Spider-Men / Women?

Is the other guy in the trailer the original Peter Parker?

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow this looks like a legit original story using an existing property.

I'll take this shit over the last two Spidey re-do's.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused on which Peter Parker this is suppose to be. The one in Mile's universe is suppose to be Ultimate Parker and this is definitely not that or 616 Parker. Guess they're just making one up?

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I had negative expectations but man that looks amazing. The stylised movement in animation being a bit eh in a lack of a better word janky to kinda evoke moving comic panel style is something my eyes had to get used to at first but it's very interesting and fresh.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I think this has the potential to be the best Spider-Man movie of all time. I hope they don't kill off Old Pete at the end. The animation style is gorgeous.
Where were the people responsible for this when TASM happened?

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Looks absolutely amazing (heh). I love the artstyle.

Please, Sony, stop the live action Spidey related movies, and focus on these animated films.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I love finally seeing an old, experienced Peter Parker on screen. The one version we haven't really gotten yet.

Miggytronz

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
Really hope they tap into Miles Morales roots as being half Puerto Rican (his mom). Trailer doesn't seem to but to see Puerto Rican culture on the screen would make me really happy. Otherwise this looks super fun.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm trying to figure out the story, it seems really jumbled in this trailer. Is Miles from a different Universe to the Peter and Gwen we see in the trailer? It seems like Miles is at least in the same Universe as Peter as he seems Spider-Man on the news broadcast. I was kind of expecting a multi-verse tour, something at least is going on at 1:48 with Miles as he goes invisible but this could just be tech rather than Universe hopping.

One thing that's worth noting about this depiction of Peter is that he's old and just going through the motions. He's kind of lost interest in being Spider-Man and just does it because he has to now. I imagine Miles' actions will either bring him out of this slump or Peter will die and this will be make Miles rise up and take the mantle. Either way I'm excited to see what they do with this story and I do hope we see more Universe hopping and mentions.

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
I'm shocked spider-gwen is in it.

Is this the newest marvel character ever to make it into a movie?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This looks fucking incredible.
And not only the artstyle and animation, the humor seems to be good as well.

I've not been wowed like this from a trailer in a long ass time. Damn.

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
Are you sure? I was obsessed with Miles Morales for awhile there and I don't remember his dad ever being a cop. I remember he moms was a nurse and his dad used to be a criminal turner Shield agent. There was a black male cop character in the early issues of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man but that wasn't his dad.

I'm pretty sure it was only mentioned or something in the comics. Though the ultimate spider-man cartoon has him in uniform

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Modern Disney CGI and some very exceptional older 2D stuff like Akira or The Thief and the Cobbler was done on 1s.
This is not completely accurate. They are on 2s, but for fast movements and scenes they are still animated on 1s, at least the Disney stuff. They even did 1s in their animated tv series frequently and I think the animation in this movie, but also other CGI movies trying to replicate hand drawn animation would look better if they did switch to 1s in fast paced moments.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty good. I'm digging the art-style, but I don't think my gf will like it.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
SPIDER-GWEN!!!!!!!!!!!

THE COOLEST MARVEL SUPERHERO OF ALL TIME FINALLY ON THE BIG SCREEN
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Yeah you know what, im just glossing over the haters and animation experts/critics because never in my life did I think I would find miles morales....the most boring spider-man out there interesting. But this looks fucking fantastic.

Gwen Stacey in this? Even better

But Broke Peter Parker is the best Peter Parker.