• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
this two week wait is gonna be brutal. the sheer hype from everyone who's seen it gushing over it is infectious. movie's looked like a gamechanger since the very first teaser and Sony Animation deserves all the praise and success

less

Oct 25, 2017
100%...wow.

It is early and likely to go down but hats off to Sony for many what appears to be a great movie.

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
For anyone interested in a new jump on point for Miles in the comics.

Mile's new book will be releases in two weeks (Dec 12).

The team behind it is
Saladin Ahmed
Javier Garrón

David Curiel

DtDGPBeXoAAPtgK.jpg

DtDHzI4WoAAKrcT.jpg
How older is Milles in this? I dropped the comics after the Doctor Doom/Hydra thing.

Oct 25, 2017
This looks amazing, I have free passes for this Saturday, but I am unfortunately working an evening shift and won't be able to attend, will catch it on release though.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
This hype. Disney's run of best animated feature wins is gonna come to an end right?

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They're making it and Tom Holland is confirmed as Drake (a bit younger than the games) with Bryan Cranston rumoured to play Sully. Sort of a Uncharted prequel if you will that likely fleshes out the beginning of their relationship (and you can bet will get sequels if successful).

News to me. Thanks!

The Letter C

Alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2018
They're making it and Tom Holland is confirmed as Drake (a bit younger than the games) with Bryan Cranston rumoured to play Sully. Sort of a Uncharted prequel if you will that likely fleshes out the beginning of their relationship (and you can bet will get sequels if successful).
iu

I can see it yeah

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
If Spider-Verse is a big success I wonder if Marvel attempts some animated films directed at theaters. It'd be interesting if they actually went all and probably the only way you could properly do something like the God Butcher arc from Thor God of Thunder.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Whoa, that casting! I can definitely see Holland as a young Drake based on Uncharted 4.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After all this Spiderman Success with Sony I hope we get Venom in the MCU now.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These two weeks are going to be torture, dying to see this and I lucked out on getting an early screening. I just saw the 100% on RT, 37 reviews so far....wow.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Ultimate pipe dream. :(

It's too dark of a story for the MCU too, methinks. Best case scenario is if Marvel somehow revives their direct-to-video/streaming animated movies and they are somehow good and adapt God Butcher/God Bomb.

Or maybe it's a legendary story destined to belong only to the comics.

I bet it will get adapted at some point. They'll just tone everything done.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This hype. Disney's run of best animated feature wins is gonna come to an end right?

Lego Batman didn't even get nominated despite it being among the best animated films of last year (Ferdinand and Boss Baby got nominations instead somehow). Never underestimate the academy's ability to be dumb.

If they ignore a 100% rated film, or even a 95% rated one though...

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Lego Batman didn't even get nominated despite it being among the best animated films of last year (Ferdinand and Boss Baby got nominations instead somehow). Never underestimate the academy's ability to be dumb.

If they ignore a 100% rated film, or even a 95% rated one though...

It's honestly not helped that the Academy went on to change the criteria to nominate an animated film wherein they can just choose whichever one.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm much more excited about this film as an animated feature than a comic book adapation.

Live action is such a poor means of translating comic book superhero stories because everyone looks ridiculous and the clash of real and CGI is obvious and every film is practically Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

In an all-CGI film a stylized presentation eliminates the goofy look, allowing us to take things more seriously, and everything looks cohesive. We stop recognizing things as "not looking real" because we're already aware that nothing in screen is real.

Spider-Verse also is the first Marvel animation that doesn't look like total dogshit, IMO.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think if Holland got the Prince of Persia treatment he could definitely look and act the part, but I think he's a bit too scrawny for Drake as is. Perfect as a lanky Spider-Man, though!

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

thought it was rather dull myself
But it was better than Ferdinand and Boss Baby.
I think we can agree that it was a shit year for Western animation.

I was pretty disappointed by LEGO Batman despite really liking Lego Movie. It was just everything that people who hate cartoons think cartoons are. Loud, spasmodic, annoying.

What is the premise and concept of this movie? Is it related to MCU?
The premise is "what if all these different spider-persons, who exist in their own seperate continuities in seperate dimensions, were brought together to take on a common enemy?"

So you have your Peter Parker, Miles Morales, your Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, etc.

But IIRC, there's multiple Peter Parkers, right? Cuz I think they confirmed the version from the new PS4 game makes a cameo and he's a PP.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is the premise and concept of this movie? Is it related to MCU?

Multiverse based story seperate from the MCU but... theoretically connected, just not officially in any capacity.

We know that the live action Venom-verse is connected to this films fiction

Sony kinda considers all of their stuff a part of the Tom Holland MCU films but not the MCU as a whole. Marvel considers them not connected at all.

Not canonically related

Last edited:

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I think we can agree that it was a shit year for Western animation.

I was pretty disappointed by LEGO Batman despite really liking Lego Movie. It was just everything that people who hate cartoons think cartoons are. Loud, spasmodic, annoying.
The movie needed to be what it was after decades of dark and serious Batman. It's arguable one of the better takes on the character. It's impossible to think any hardcore Batman fan not liking it.

Last edited:

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we're getting a good western animated film. It seems like we barely get any of those outside of Disney/Pixar (and sometimes Dreamworks).

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard nothing but good things about this. I'm bummed I missed a screening, hopefully I'll be able to catch one before it comes out and give you guys some non-biased(spoiler-free) thoughts.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Really good tomato meter but the big trades have considerably lower scores than the smaller site and sites like verge or ign.