• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
According to How Long to Beat Uncharted 4 has an average completion time of 15 hours for a regular playthrough while The Lost Legacy is 7. Spider-Man is a little over 16 hours, so going by that logic this game should be 8-9 hours long with some additional playtime if you want to collect/do everything on the map.
Would love a confirmation of a 9+ hour game as i'd actually consider buying it then. Being 60€ in Europe and not coming with the OG remaster has soured me so much on it. 70€ for OG Spiderman+MM would have been such an easier sell.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
God this game looks and sounds so amazing. November is a huge month for the industry yet this game is the one I'm hyped for most and it ain't even close. Insomniac are awesome.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Would love a confirmation of a 9+ hour game as i'd actually consider buying it then. Being 60€ in Europe and not coming with the OG remaster has soured me so much on it. 70€ for OG Spiderman+MM would have been such an easier sell.
I feel you. I think the only person on here who can actually confirm that right now is jstevenson and I don't think he's allowed to, so I think we need to wait for reviews for confirmation on that.

OP
OP
WordsintheWater
Oct 25, 2017
Swinging:
-Largely is the same as the first game, but Miles has more tricks he can do while swinging around to earn exp, inspired by sky diving techniques
-Feel a little rumble when shooting out a web and as you swing the trigger tightens as you reach the end of the swing

Open World:
- New York is broken up into districts like the first game, where you have to complete activities and stop crimes to 100%
- New crimes in this one, but there will be a couple returning from the first game
- No puzzle lab activity this time around
- Want to provide meaningful rewards to everyone that completes the activities, mention suits

Soundtrack:
- One of Miles hobby is mixing, so one of the collectibles in the game is related to music and possibly has to do with sampling.
- Game will feature original and licensed songs from Kid Cudi, and Jaden Smith as well as others.

Other Details:
- Miles is the only playable character
- Took a lot of care in representation even going as far as taking coaching sessions to get the Nuyorican Spanish dialogue correct

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Swinging:
-Largely is the same as the first game, but Miles has more tricks he can do while swinging around to earn exp, inspired by sky diving techniques
-Feel a little rumble when shooting out a web and as you swing the trigger tightens as you reach the end of the swing

Open World:
- New York is broken up into districts like the first game, where you have to complete activities and stop crimes to 100%
- New crimes in this one, but there will be a couple returning from the first game
- Want to provide meaningful rewards to everyone that completes the activities, mention suits

Soundtrack:
- One of Miles hobby is mixing, so one of the collectibles in the game is related to music and possibly has to do with sampling.
- Game will feature original and licensed songs from Kid Cudi, and Jaden Smith as well as others.

Other Details:
- Took a lot of care in representation even going as far as taking coaching sessions to get the Nuyorican Spanish dialogue correct
I love Kid Cudi!

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Swinging:

Open World:

Soundtrack:

Other Details:
7f5.gif

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Wait, the first one had so fucking many 1:1 real suits from comics and movies, which was f'n amazing.
Why does the suit list here sounds like they pulled an "Square Enix's Avengers"?

That scares me.
Lol, no. I would assume it's just to be consistent with the design approach of the first game.

Suits:
-Beginner Suit: Miles' homemade suit, similar to the Spiderverse suit
-Gift Suit: Gifted to Miles and is not technologically advanced, looks like pajamas
-Iconic Suit: The suit we have all seen in the promo material
-TRACK Suit: This is one of the DLC suits, the white one with the red spider
-Cat Suit: Masked cat in a backpack lol
-2020 Suit: Futuristic looking suit with LED's
Some are originals like the T.R.A.C.K. suit (similar to what they have done with the first game the original suits designed by Adi Granov)

javier_garron_concept_art_track_suit2.png

Besides there are been comics variants for one of these revealed suits:
latest

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
This is NOT "Marvel's Spider-Man 2"
That doesn't mean it's not "Spider-Man 2" in all but name. If they're calling it a true sequel and it pushes the narrative forward I'd liken it to how Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance is really Kingdom Hearts 3, or how Assassin's Creed Brotherhood/Revelations work in relation to the numbered AC3. Plus aside from Resistance, Insomniac doesn't do numbered sequels.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Lol, no. I would assume it's just to be consistent with the design approach of the first game.

Suits:
-Beginner Suit: Miles' homemade suit, similar to the Spiderverse suit
-Gift Suit: Gifted to Miles and is not technologically advanced, looks like pajamas
-Iconic Suit: The suit we have all seen in the promo material
-TRACK Suit: This is one of the DLC suits, the white one with the red spider
-Cat Suit: Masked cat in a backpack lol
-2020 Suit: Futuristic looking suit with LED's
Some are originals like the T.R.A.C.K. suit (similar to what they have done with the first game the original suits designed by Adi Granov)

javier_garron_concept_art_track_suit2.png

Besides there are been comics variants for one of these revealed suits:
latest

Good to know, thanks.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
As far as villains go, my wishlist is for Prowler and Bombshell to both be side villains/bonus bosses kind of like how Tombstone and Taskmaster were in the first game. The sequel hook could even end on the note with revealing that Prowler was his uncle Aaron and he's under the employee of Norman Osborn.

-No more police scanner concept, it is replaced by something Ganke invented that helps all the neighborhoods connect and inform Miles of activities and crimes currently taking place. They call it the Friendly Neighborhood Spider App. Bring up the app whenever you want by swiping left on touchpad and the game slows down to allow you to choose crimes or activities by pressing L1 and R1

Hope that will finally put some people at ease.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
First thing I'll probably do will be stand infront of a building with tons of glass and switch between RT and the 60 fps mode to check the difference. Will probably settle on the 60 fps mode but I really want to see how the RT holds up during gameplay.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
Swinging:

Open World:

Soundtrack:

Other Details:
Props to Insomniac for putting in the effort on the Boricua representation!

OP
OP
WordsintheWater
Oct 25, 2017
Through the article, there are a lot of beautiful images in there and a good amount of details I left out especially for fleshing out the characters and the story. I recommend you all read it if you are able, great long piece by Andrew Reiner.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Like what they're doing with the music from what I hear so far. Miles music during fights, sounds more raw when compared to Peters lol hopefully the music while swinging is also unique to Miles.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Spider-Man 2: Reign of the Spider-Men
I've been saying for a minute this should be the title of the game following MM, but with two fully realized Spider-guys, if that title doesn't happen, Insomniac deserves to be booed with many boos.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
If this is a Lost Legacy type of length in an open world with side shit then I'm perfectly fine with that.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Swinging:

Open World:

Soundtrack:

Other Details:

Everything sounds fantastic. I'm genuinely VERY hyped to play this with the Dualsense. Feels like it could be a gamechanger

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
So the listed suits in the OP surely are not the only ones in the game right?
I seriously doubt it. I am not expecting similar numbers to the first game's crazy suits count (~38), but I'm expecting a fair amount, something along the lines of 11~12+ suits. They have many opportunities just from the Miles Morales comic books for interesting new suits. 😯