Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
At this point, I think they just need to release footage of Spiderman Remastered so people can stop complaining about it being a port or that it should be free.

Logically if Spider-Man PS5 is different enough from Spider-Man PS4 to be a separate product, then how come Miles Morales PS5 is linked to Miles Morales PS4 for free? Is it less of an upgrade?

Oct 25, 2017
Logically if Spider-Man PS5 is different enough from Spider-Man PS4 to be a separate product, then how come Miles Morales PS5 is linked to Miles Morales PS4 for free? Is it less of an upgrade?

From my understanding Miles Morales is a PS5 game first, and a downgraded version exists to be playable on PS4.

Spiderman remastered is them taking a PS4 game and reworking it to include PS5 assets. An Insomniac developer said the character models are getting reworked and from the sound of it Spiderman Remastered is basically a first look at what to expect from Spiderman 2.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
yakuza 7 and maneater don't.
How will Sony clarify this with every game. It's just like people who want a list of the 99% of games that are BC. If the complaint is there isn't a unified system for game saves complain away but it seems the complaint is the need to "clarify". I just don't know what there is to clarify which I stated in my original post.
There shouldn't be any legacy stuff, there is only one generation to worry about here and that is the PS4. Not sure why Yakuza 7 can work on multiple Xbox systems but not Playstation.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Great. It seems getting a PS5 will be impossible on day one even if I wanted, so I'll be playing MM on PS4 and then Ng+ on PS5 at some point.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
I am very concerned about all the digital games I got on PS4. For some reason I thought the store would just convert and I would be able to easily redownload ANY game that I purchased. If not maybe ANY game I owned that was added as BC.

Today I am doubting this and it is a bit concerning.

Maybe I am wrong but has Sony made any statements about the new UI, a new PS Store for PS5 and getting the older content? I really really hope it is not like switch to PS4 where I lost all the PS1/PS2 classic without any remedy.

Also question, if I were to buy a PS3 in 2020, would I be able to redownload every PS1/PS2 classic for free?

RayTracing

Banned
May 28, 2020
Sounds like they've heard fans complaints and are now working on a solution, either way, I'm glad the option will be there.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It not working for OG Spider-Man tells me all I need to know about games with ps5 upgrades in the future like Ghosts and Last of Us. Remaster is their * to get more money.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
At the end of the day , we have games that don't transfer their saves with a PS5 upgrade and games that does.

This is confusing and should be explained why it's happening to users, so they know when they upgrade a game if their save will upgrade or not. We need more communication.

yep, it is confusing and the messaging was subpar so far.

Ubisoft has also stated nothing and they are the ones providing the most "PS4 version gets free PS5 version" games by far.

if it would be all so crystal clear and up to the devs as some people claim it is, Ubisoft would have talked about it by now.

and it doesn´t change the fact that you not only need a spreadsheet to know which games get a free PS5 upgrade, no, you need a second to know which games carry the PS4 saves forward to the PS5. the whole BC/save file stuff is a total mess.

i can´t help but feel like this all seems a bit like the start of the PS3 generation, Sony does many mistakes because they think they are on top anyways, it was the same when they were coming out of the PS2 gen.

and on the other side you have MS clearly outlining features, saves, next gen versions and so on...seems like the opposite of the start of this current gen and makes me honestly a bit concerned for the PS5 at this point. to me it seems like MS has a clear future vision for their ecosystem and Sony still has baggage from the past that will hinder many things in the future.

add to this things like price hiking first party games, wanting people to buy the MM Ultimate Edition to get access to Spider-man remastered, the fact that you can´t use Dualshock 4 on PS5 games despite the fact that these games also have a PS4 version, games that were thought of as PS5 exclusives suddenly releasing also on PS4...it is not a good look at all so far.

time will tell but Sony´s momentum could come to a halt very soon into this gen if they continue with this course.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing news. Circumstances means I may not be able to play on PS5 right away due to travelling so this is great.

This might be asking too much but I wonder if I can start on PS5, transfer to PS4 whilst travelling and then transfer back to PS5 when home? Lol, would this even be possible or likely?

OP
OP
Equanimity

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Even if this were exactly how you put it, the value for consumers doesn't change.
Free is ideal but value is subjective.
They'd still be paying for a marginally better experience that people on another console can get for free.
I don't think adding new content, improving and updating art assets while doubling the framerate is comparatively marginal.
I'd liken it to full-priced Switch 3rd-party ports; yeah, I get why the publisher priced them that way, but I still don't think the price is any good.
It isn't, not in their feature set or price. Most of these Switch ports offer no graphical or hardware related enhancements other than a resolution boost.

I'd liken it to full-priced Switch 3rd-party ports; yeah, I get wh
(Though with this I can't imagine that a lot of the work wasn't already done when creating Miles Morales. It's set in the same city, uses the same engine, and features many of the same characters, after all)
This remains to be seen. Miles is set during winter/snowfall and will most likely feature completely different interiors.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Free is ideal but value is subjective.

That doesn't say anything...

I don't think adding new content, improving and updating art assets while doubling the framerate is comparatively marginal.

Read back. I didn't say that FH4 will be exactly the same in terms of improvements as Spider-Man Remastered, but if it has most of them then the difference will be relatively marginal. We at the very least know that it's adding elements f

It isn't, not in their feature set or price. Most of these Switch ports offer no graphical or hardware related enhancements other than a resolution boost.

Switch ports require considerable optimisation and, in terms of feature sets, they offer an entirely new way to play that simply isn't possible on other platforms. If you're going to dismiss them as not being anywhere close to a PS5 remaster of a PS4 game (that already has a PS5 standalone expansion to work off of) in then, yeah, I'm not even gonna go any further here.

I'm just tired of all this tbh, and it's not to do with you in particular at all or anything. It's just so frustrating having genuine concerns over how cross-gen stuff is going to be treated on this platform be brushed off time and again as, I don't know, 'concern trolling' or something? I've already been classed as having a "beef with Sony," thus far, and the guy who said it hasn't even apologised or anything. Of course it may be concern trolling, and it probably is because that's just who I am.

Sorry. I just hate all of this. I want to be excited, to be hyped and everything, but I just can't. Fuck.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Besides Yakuza 7, is there any PS4/PS5 game confirmed to not have cross-save ?

Spider-Man Remastered and Maneater.

Inram Khan said today on Kinda Funny that he thinks this cross-saves situation may be something that Sony has only been resolved recently (4 to 6 months) and should be something that needs be implemented in the PS4 version of the game/engine. So games that have been in development for a longer time would probably need to be support it via a patch or something like that.

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man and Yakuza 7 both released a while ago. Yakuza came out in Japan back in January, possibly before the PS5 cross save systems were available in the sdk. They'd probably have to go back and patch the PS4 versions to be able convert the saves.

It makes sense that games built with cross gen in mind like Miles Morales and Sackboy would be able to share saves between versions.

Happy to see it confirmed for Mile Morales. Makes me feel better if I can't get a PS5 this year.

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
If I own the ultimate edition of spiderman ps4 digitally I get the remaster free?

i bought it for 20 bucks a while ago but never really played it

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The language used can't help but remind me of this

OP
OP
Equanimity

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
That doesn't say anything...
You're talking about value in video-game enhancements right? That above was my response.
Read back. I didn't say that FH4 will be exactly the same in terms of improvements as Spider-Man Remastered, but if it has most of them then the difference will be relatively marginal. We at the very least know that it's adding elements f
You have to explain this further because I'm not following what you're saying here.

Switch ports require considerable optimisation and, in terms of feature sets, they offer an entirely new way to play that simply isn't possible on other platforms.
There's assumption and false equivalence in this part of your post. We don't know how much work goes into optimising for either console, that is unless you are privy to the development process. PS5 version of Spider-Man offers features that aren't possible on other PlayStation platforms either.

If you're going to dismiss them as not being anywhere close to a PS5 remaster of a PS4 game (that already has a PS5 standalone expansion to work off of) in then, yeah, I'm not even gonna go any further here.
So let me get this straight, you think the amount of work Insomniac has put into the remastered version with enhancements and features like new/updated art assets, improved character models, better facial animation, all new graphical features like ray traced reflections, 60fps frame-rate option, dualsense haptic feedback support, new costumes, new Photomode features, new trophies, optimised for instant loading, etc., is somehow similar to what Nintendo is doing with the Wii U ports up until now?

I'm just tired of all this tbh, and it's not to do with you in particular at all or anything. It's just so frustrating having genuine concerns over how cross-gen stuff is going to be treated on this platform be brushed off time and again as, I don't know, 'concern trolling' or something?
What is it that you're concerned about?

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
So....I get that Spidey 2018 is getting a remaster, and that it's "a different game/sku" and that's why the saves won't transfer over. But, I wonder: I was expecting that Miles PS4 to Miles PS5 would also benefit from an equal facelift. That Miles PS5 is just as much a jump over Miles PS4 as the Remaster will be over Spidey PS4.

Get what I'm saying? It's odd for the saves to work cross-platform in one case, and not in the other, imo. Is it because they're desigining it with cross-save in mind, and it's just too much trouble to try and make that work retroactively on Spidey PS4?
Miles on PS4 and PS5 might be sharing trophies. Like FFXIV and Destiny for example on PS3 and PS4. When you look at them in the trophy list you will see it says PS3 PS4 next to it, Oddworld New n tasty even shares the same trophy list with Vita, PS3 and PS4.
I would think I Spider-Man Remastered have its own trophy list like TLoU Remastered had.

OP
OP
Equanimity

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Miles on PS4 and PS5 might be sharing trophies. Like FFXIV and Destiny for example on PS3 and PS4. When you look at them in the trophy list you will see it says PS3 PS4 next to it, Oddworld New n tasty even shares the same trophy list with Vita, PS3 and PS4.
I would think I Spider-Man Remastered have its own trophy list like TLoU Remastered had.

Okami shares the same trophies as well.