• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

New hair styles, new game modes, new stages, new music, 140 pieces of new gear.

New stages include a museum and a supermarket as well as a new Salmon run stage.

Two "new bands": Bottom Feeders and Ink Theory.

You can now swap gear without leaving a match (!!!)

New hair:
NSwitch_Splatoon2_newhair_3_mediaplayer_large.jpg

(More styles here)

New level cap is lvl99

New mode - Clam Blitz:
NSwitch_Splatoon2_asari_object_mediaplayer_large.jpg

In Clam Blitz, competing Inklings are tasked with collecting clams scattered around the stage. After one is picked up, the clam weirdly follows you. Your objective is to throw the clam into the basket near your opponent's base. The first team to score 100 points wins!

Full details here

Last edited:

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017

New hair styles, new game modes, new stages, new music, loads of new gear.
Full details here

Incredible. This could get me back into Splatoon 2. The huge gear drop gives me something new to work toward, and I'm really digging the new hairstyles.

The four new maps (two of them dramatically overhauled classics) look great. The new mode looks interesting. Digging the new music.

Oh man, so good!

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man, I really need to get this game soon. Already loved the first one and the amount of content they're releasing is crazy.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
How are they still in business adding all this new free content without lootboxes?

smh nintendo

Oct 31, 2017
-New game modes
-New cosmetics
-New music
-New stages
-New weapons
-Free of charge

Not nominated for Best Ongoing Game guys...

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
- New weapons
- New gears
- New hair design
- New ranked mode
- New PvP stages
- Returning PvP stage
- New Salmon Run stage
- Photo Mode
- New music
- Improved QoL

All FREE.

#StayFresh

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
All of it looks great. I haven't played the game in a while, but I booted it up for some quick Splatfest this weekend. Made me really want to get back into it, this update might be a great excuse.

Oct 25, 2017
gear swapping between matches is the second biggest reason I dropped the game. If they make trying to play with friends not suck then I might come back.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Holy cow this is awesome. I'm so glad I bought Splatoon 2 when I did. I have been nothing short of impressed by how frequently I see it update or news of a new weapon or stage. It's great, they support the hell out of this game, I'll have to play as much as I can this weekend.

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I shouldn't be so excited to be able to swap equips while in a lobby, but I am.

Oh, and all the new content is okay I guess. :)

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gonna jump back on this. Good shit Nintendo.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, I skipped Splatoon 2 when it first came out but now seems like a good time to jump in.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This was a lot more than I expected, and I couldn't be happier. Haven't played it yet so obviously it could still disappoint, but I don't think it will. Very exciting stuff, and just what the game needed after a debatably lackluster past two months~ of slower-than-average (for Splatoon) updates.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
140? Jesus. I should buy this game some time.

Also, only Splatoon can pull off that music and make it look good. What a mess in a good way.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Much more than I expected from this update. The new stages look great and Walleye and Arowana will be very appreciated. Clam Blitz sounds interesting, I look forward to seeing how it works. The game just keeps getting better and better, I wasn't hot on the support for it initially, but they've been doing a better job as time goes on

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really cool. I need to get back into Splatoon 2. I haven't put in anywhere near as much time as I would like.