• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Trying to keep spoilers to a minimum in the title for a thread that The Artisan will surely appreciate.

A couple months back, Vincent D'Onofrio liked the following tweet and then promptly un-liked it within a couple hours:

Vincent-DOnofrio-Kingpin-Return-Hawkeye-Tweet-Like.jpg

After the Hawkeye trailer dropped yesterday, D'Onofrio tweeted out a poem within minutes and liked the following tweets:

This comes on top of very strong rumors that (future MCU film spoilers) Charlie Cox will be appearing in Spider-Man: No Way Home as Matt Murdock -- a film that, like Hawkeye, takes place during Christmas.

Last edited:

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I mean, if we're adapting aspects of the Fraction arc, part of that is a summit of a bunch of villains and crime lords

hawkeye-2-grand-opening-1248378.jpeg

While in the show, we see them going to some fancy event which breaks down into gunfire...

hawkeye-kate-bishop-set-photos-getty-1248371.jpeg

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I might not be The Artisan but I greatly appreciate the thread title and wish more of these leaks/rumor threads went this route.

Also, hype as hell if this is real.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
He might be doing Kingpin yes but maybe not Daredevil Kingpin.

I'm interested to know if they have this version of Fisk as a fresh state, or they have him with his established character from the Daredevil series.

It's going to be awesome to see the actor again, either way.

I think the most likely scenario is that it will be "soft reboot" in that, while it will be the same version of the character, they won't heavily reference the events of the Netflix shows (so that casual audiences aren't confused and because those shows are stuck on non-Disney-owned Netflix with no current opportunity to come to Disney+ or Hulu) in a similar fashion to how Incredible Hulk was handled.

And hopefully, at some point down the line, more elements from the Netflix series will be brought back (as we saw in Civil War eight years later and What If thirteen years later).

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm interested to know if they have this version of Fisk as a fresh state, or they have him with his established character from the Daredevil series.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Finally an answer to the question what putting a regular sized head on a Thanos sized body looks like in live action.

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
I think the most likely scenario is that it will be "soft reboot" in that, while it will be the same version of the character, they won't heavily reference the events of the Netflix shows (so that casual audiences aren't confused and because those shows are stuck on non-Disney-owned Netflix with no current opportunity to come to Disney+ or Hulu) in a similar fashion to how Incredible Hulk was handled.

And hopefully, at some point down the line, more elements from the Netflix series will be brought back (as we saw in Civil War eight years later and What If thirteen years later).

This. Silence on the topic will be the answer. The show will assume you know enough that they are a big bad and not say anything else. Why confuse and annoy old fans or force new fans to watch a program on a competiting service. By remaining silent and using it as a soft reboot they keep both groups happy.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This. Silence on the topic will be the answer. The show will assume you know enough that they are a big bad and not say anything else. Why confuse and annoy old fans or force new fans to watch a program on a competiting service. By remaining silent and using it as a soft reboot they keep both groups happy.

Right.

I mean, Marvel isn't going to come out and literally say, "This isn't the same version of Kingpin or Daredevil." That would just annoy the hardcore MCU fans who watch everything and make things needlessly confusing for casual viewers.

Soft reboot is the best bet. "It's all canon" but Marvel Studios will retcon and adapt things if necessary in the future. (And if we're being honest, the Netflix shows truly did not do much that would require major retcons other than if they wanted to dive deep into The Hand. I mean, does anyone really think that Marvel Studios has any interest in Nuke?)

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Echo seems like a cool character sure... but no one expected her show to be the official Netflix reintroduction vehicle pulling Matt from Spider-Man and Kingpin from Hawkeye

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Feige while watching those interviews
E_N_g6kWUAAQ6dH

But yeah that's awesome, I guess it pretty much confirms Cox's DD as well (cmon we wont have Kingpin without him)

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yes please, make it happen, i want D'Onofrio, Cox, Deborah Ann Woll and Bernthal in the MCU.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Finally the best villain in the MCU returns! I love the fraction run, but I'd watch Hawkeye for this alone.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if he'll be a different character, like a soft reboot. The prior Kingpin was more of an auteur's character.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
He is the perfect kingpin imo. Somebody like kingpin can easily be done poorly, so I hope they keep as much of the daredevil characterisation as they can to avoid defanging his threatening persona.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Yes please, make it happen, i want D'Onofrio, Cox, Deborah Ann Woll and Bernthal in the MCU.

There's chatter about Bernthal in MoonKnight.

With the STAR section of Disney+ I wouldn't be surprised if we get a STAR exclusive Punisher show. People keep saying it'll never happen but if Feige said "never say never" when asked about a DC MCU (Or MCM now) were living in times where anything can happen IMO.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
God, this all better be TRUE!! I'm about to marathon Daredevil again before Spiderman. I am trusting that at least Cox is indeed coming back!

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
When Kingpin and Daredevil inevitably meet up in the MCU, I hope they say things like, "Remember back on Netflix when..."

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017

I'm totally fine with the Netflix stuff being waved off as multi universe events.. and having this version of kingpin being the 'main' version. I imagine the same will be done with the Sony movies