SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Cox, D'Onofrio and Ritter are the big 3 as far as I'm concerned but DD was the one I was hoping for most so hope this pans out

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
91RKN6B.jpg

Fiege was Mephisto all along?!

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm curious to see what the DD costume would look like on screen.

The Matt Fraction and Mark Waid run of Hawkeye and Daredevil was such a good time for those characters. A lighter tone for Charlie Cox would be neat to see.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I don't acknowledge anything done by Marvel Television as part of the MCU but some of the casting was great. D'Onofrio can come back, Charlie Cox and Krysten Ritter too and I have a soft spot for Deborah Ann Woll.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Just a note on timing:

Typically, when an MCU or Star Wars movie comes out on a Friday, they've pushed that week's Disney+ episode forward to that Wednesday (Mandalorian). If this IS Episode 5 of Hawkeye, that would be the episode that would be slated for the exact day that No Way Home releases. So instead, we'd get a Wednesday Hawkeye that has Kingpin, and then potentially a Friday Spider-Man that has Daredevil? Seems like exactly the kind of move they'd pull. I'm all in, baby! I believe!

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Zero. All current rumors are related to Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I imagine that Marvel Studios have zero desire to touch Iron Fist or Inhumans for a while.

As for Colter, he's starring on a CBS series at the moment and there are no rumors about Luke at the moment.

Well they're doing Kamala Khan and unless they actually rewrite her into a mutant (and I doubt it) it looks like we're getting Inhumans on the sooner side.

I'm overall a fan of the soft reboot approach but I have two issues with it. The first with the Netflix stuff in particular is that the Netflix MCU botched the Hand hard, which includes everything with Elektra and the Iron Fist and includes Netflix already blowing the load on the Elektra resurrection storyline. Any attempt to potentially retread that is going to be on the bumpier side without retconning something.

Which leads to the second more general point: I don't think the fans who would be chill with these being soft-rebooted into the MCU would stay chill with potential retcons. In my experience the fans who want these shows in want them canonized wholesale. And I wouldn't use The Incredible Hulk as an example of a soft reboot because not only has nothing been retconned (beyond recasting Banner) but latter call-backs have proven it to be 100% canon. That's not a soft reboot, that's just canonizing very slowly.

Last edited:

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Also Hawkeye is introducing Echo, who is a Daredevil character. They were so impressed she's all but confirmed getting her own show. So even more avenues for Fisk and Netflix crew.

As exciting as this all is I wish there was a home for the Netflix characters, not just cameos. With Deadpool 3 being R it gives me hope but Blade being PG13 dampens it. MCU is great overall but wish there was a corner for the Netflix and more supernatural cast to be in R rated shows/movies. Is it possible to do in PS13, sure but I feel like we have so much content now it would be nice to be able to go to some more mature places again.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the tweet
The three-legged dog is Lucky. Vincent is comparing himself to the three-legged dog who looks up and wonders what is next/what is to come. The timing of the tweet with the release of the most recent Hawkeye trailer has convinced people he is in the show.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It seems to be a soft reboot, since rumors are he'll look different as well. What do you mean by an 'auteur's character' though?
More about the actor's vision than the source material. Lots of scenery chewing. Maybe he'll be the same here though idk.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
He might be doing Kingpin yes but maybe not Daredevil Kingpin.
I've been looking into this rumor and it sounds like Kingpin's involvement will have to do with the Yakuza that Hawkeye killed in Endgame and also (possible more importantly) Echo, since her origin is tied to the Kingpin in the comics

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
My guess...
He stayed through the blip and he's become a bigger influence to the city
Ok. I actually really would love if this were true. It'd take the general concept of how he rose to (political) power during that awful Cap Hydra plot in the comics, but without needing to do such a bloody awful arc in the MCU.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I think 4,5,6 years from now they can do real Heroes For Hire project and make a big hit. Leave those previous actors in the dust please.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
They'd be foolish not to salvage DD, Kingpin, Punisher, and JJ, even if they're kind of "alt" versions of the characters.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
So if this happens does that mean that Jon Bernthal Punisher has a chance of popping up in the MCU shows/movies as well? Love those two characters and their actors, would love to see them turn up.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017

lmao that looked so stupid. this corny shit supposed to be played for shock value too damn.

anyways more Donofrio would be dope, he was great in the Daredevil series. bringing back him and Cox would be nice. I don't see them giving netflix daredevil a movie but he could go to Disney+

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I hope that rumor about them artificially bulking him up to look more like the comic version isn't true. There's really no need for that.