• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 22, 2021
Another sweet chapter, lots of good Anya faces in this.

That panel with Damian saying "Your family... sounds nice" really stood out to me, really exciting to see what happens next.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic chapter, audibly said "Oh shit" when Anya told Damian her big secret

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I assume Anya wants a friend to share her secret with. Good for you, Anya. I was not expecting that at all.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I hope this isn't a one time confession that leads to a return of status quo for endless chapters. Damien seems like the type that will suspect what she said is true once hit with more evidence.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I love that Anya answers the Sy-on Boy's papa question by herself without reading minds. She's basically already figured out Damian's entire deal before anyone else.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I hope this isn't a one time confession that leads to a return of status quo for endless chapters. Damien seems like the type that will suspect what she said is true once hit with more evidence.
It got a full page spread.

It is 100% going to come back.
I love that Anya answers the Sy-on Boy's papa question by herself without reading minds. She's basically already figured out Damian's entire deal before anyone else.

It is a nice little detail. It is also nice how some genuine affection got Anya to open up about her biggest secret even if it was so out there he could not believe it....yet. I think they will trauma bond over Daddy issues and their mutual fear of abandonment.

I am so happy they pulled the trigger on this since they are really seeing up a ton of bombshells for the future.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
pe8vg0W.jpeg

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Man, when are they going to put up the Code White presale tickets. It's less than a month out now. šŸ˜¤

Apr 19, 2018

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Damn. I live in the middle of nowhere in PA and I'm just hoping it pops up somewhere. Usually the shonen movies like MHA and One Piece show up. Kaguya Love is War movie was nowhere so I'm hoping SxF doesn't befall the same fate here.

My local Regal is just teasing me... They not only have put up times for the 18th for the standard showings, but have just also put up the IMAX times. Of course when you go click the showtime in Fandango, it just says "Tickets coming soon! Check back later!"

Pls... I just wanna buy my tix & select my seat now...

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I just got mine too. Already three people got tickets there. I'm surprised. I wonder how crowded it'll be. The last few anime movies I've went to were dead as hell. Suzume I was the only person in the theater. One Piece Red had four people in it. Boy and Heron was around six people (and two people left halfway through the movie and never returned).

I found this week's chapter quite cute. Anya picking her dress because it reminded her of Yor while also showing her attempts at learning to dance with Loid were fairly wholesome. Emile & Ewen were wholly out of line for saying those things about Anya though despite being snooty kids.

Maybe we'll get it one day but I do hope that Anya & Loid did have fun dancing even though the initial learning experience wasn't that great šŸ˜…

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I have never seen this show but I was given 2 free tickets to the movie's early screening in Canada

>.> should I like binge this show ? or is there a easy re-cap for me to read ? before the movie

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I have never seen this show but I was given 2 free tickets to the movie's early screening in Canada

>.> should I like binge this show ? or is there a easy re-cap for me to read ? before the movie
My guess is, like most anime movies, if you know the basics you'll be able to follow along. But I do recommend giving the show a chance.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, watch the show, it's great and super charming

I wouldn't be surprised if the movie is friendly to newcomers, it isn't canon anyways, but it'd be a shame to not watch the series

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I don't know where to read this anymore, my regular source isn't updating
Depends on what country you live in but the answer will be one of Viz's Shonen Jump Plus (for English speaking countries), Manga Plus (for the majority of the world), Shueisha's Shonen Jump + for Japan, or the regional sources for South Korea & China.

You'll be hard pressed to find regular fan scans of Spy Family since the latest chapters are free & there's no leaks.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I missed Bond, glad to see him get some spotlight. Now I just need some Yor. It's been way too long since she's had any prominence

Bond is the Goodest Boi ever & I'm so happy that he has made peace with Agent Penguinman (the last shot of them was positively adorable). But that flashback... I'm so happy he has such a loving family, eats regularly & is treated like the valuable family member that he is. He deserves the whole world.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Sweet. My local theater finally put this up and are going to show the sub and dub now. I picked sub for 8:20 tonight. My other tickets will probably be wasted money but oh well. I won't have to drive an hour away to see it now.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think Spy X Family is in good hands in-between the waits of seasons.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Movie was alright

Waaaaay too much of it was just rehashing the usual gags (remember x moment from y episode? Here it is in movie form), which I guess is par for the course for these kinds of things, but still a shame

It definitely picked up a bit once the action started, I will say that the Poop God sequence floored me. The animation went crazy and that was funny as hell.

Other thoughts:
The Microfilm being an empty Macguffin with explanation for why it would cause a war is such lazy writing. I was waiting for a gag where it turned out to be something absurd or weirdly mundane, but nope.

Very much enjoyed Anya's "for fuck's sake" look when Loid handwaved being able to land the airship

The cyborg was a bit much, we all know that Yor should have been able to demolish that thing with her fists easily, but at least we got some cool action out of it

The biggest sign that this was obviously noncanon: the family landing the airship together and not conveniently missing each other? No, I'm talking about Franky apparently having a date that went well. Blasphemy.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I enjoyed it a lot. The gag rehash was definitely noticeable to me as well. Felt like they had nothing new early on. Haha.

I loved the climax and the Yor sakuga vs a fucking terminator. Her beating him with the lipstick was a cool moment.

Lots of suspension of disbelief though. How the hell does Yor and Twilight not know something is up? Lmao.

Loid breaking into an old plane (how is it still working), using the radio to conveniently figure out where Anya is, him flying through a hail of gun fire and crash landing on the ship and Yor has zero suspicions of him? Or Yor sneaking onto a inflight plane, surviving the crash and surviving the on foot journey in the plane full of armed hostile forces. Twilight has no suspicions of that either? Come on now.

I can look past it as a non canon movie though. I had a good time.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao yeah that stretched the concept of non canon as far as it could go, and then a little bit extra for good measure

The sakuga was worth it though