• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for being a negative nancy... But what was the last good PC port IG delivered?

Edit: seems I was overly snarky, now I learned they where also behind Crash PC.

Last edited:

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I remember playing the first game back in the day and I really liked charging around and the flight but the game felt really aimless to me so I lost interest. I would like to give this another shot as it visually looks fantastic.
Sorry for being a negative nancy... But what was the last good PC port IG delivered?

I think the Crash Trilogy PC port they did was solid as was Killer Instinct (though maybe that one doesn't really count?). They got a lot of shit for Arkham Knight but I still wonder how much of the issues with that version were entirely their fault but that's a discussion for another thread! lol

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Aren't they the ones behind the Arkham knight Pc Port and borderlands 2 for vita? i hope they have learned how to port a game since then.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Should I play Crash and Spyro PS1 (I only have nostalgia for the demos) all of the way through before touching these remasters?

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not an official announcement though. It leaked on the Taiwan rating board and is very likely to happen but the OP should reflect that nothing has been announced.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Should I play Crash and Spyro PS1 (I only have nostalgia for the demos) all of the way through before touching these remasters?
Some people consider the original games to be better due to the overall design...some others just don't dig the remixed OST and stuff. I would say that the best way to play the first Crash Bandicoot right now is the N.sane Trilogy. They fixed the checkpoints and save options, and i also feel that is less difficult than the PSX version. Crash 2 and 3: Warped, i believe you should be fine playing the remastered versions.

Same thing with Spyro. The Reignited Trilogy is better, at least for my taste. You also have the option to use the original soundtrack

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Aren't they the ones behind the Arkham knight Pc Port and borderlands 2 for vita? i hope they have learned how to port a game since then.
They have a much bigger and more successful resumé than a game that Warner Bros. ignored pre-release QA concerns about and a game that should never have even been possible on the Vita, you know.

But sure, focus on two games as if they're the only ones indicative of the studio's talent.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Some people consider the original games to be better due to the overall design...some others just don't dig the remixed OST and stuff. I would say that the best way to play the first Crash Bandicoot right now is the N.sane Trilogy. They fixed the checkpoints and save options, and i also feel that is less difficult than the PSX version. Crash 2 and 3: Warped, i believe you should be fine playing the remastered versions.

Same thing with Spyro. The Reignited Trilogy is better, at least for my taste. You also have the option to use the original soundtrack
Ok thanks. I was playing both of them last night and they still feel pretty good for ps1 games.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I wonder if Year of the Dragon will have any fixes, it's a bit more buggy then the rest, you can tell it was rushed.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
This is well needed

The console version is gorgeous, but it feels like it's running at a locked 29 FPS

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This is the version I'll be getting, then (when I can). The game on Xbox One made me feel sick due to the motion blur, 30fps and low FOV so hopefully those issues will be fixed on PC.
They removed the motion blur and halved the filesize with a patch, it's fine now.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Cool! I'm still waiting for a Switch confirmation though.. I suppose E3 will be the time to get an official PR about both versions (Spyro Twitter nor Activision didn't say anything at all atm)

Didn't they announced that Crash Remastered getting ported to X Box One and PC first before announcing the Switch port in a direct?
officially was the other way around; Nintendo announced N. Sane Trilogy for Switch on their Direct, then Activision followed with the announcement of a PC and Xbox One versions as well.

that's why I'm hopeful at E3 we'll heard about Spyro on Switch

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
1) Awesome news
2) Release date?
3) How much work is actually involved, considering this is an Unreal Engine 4 game anyway?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I suppose CTR is next, whenever they decide announce it. Great for PC players who will be able to take advantage of better framerate.

Ganado

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Wow at the people here saying that the Crash port is good. I mean sure, when all is said and done it's okay but having to change screen modes etc to even get 60fps when using a 144hz monitor in windowed or borderless windowed mode (it locks it at 48fps otherwise I think) is bull. I actually downloaded it now to see if they fixed it but nope!

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Wow at the people here saying that the Crash port is good. I mean sure, when all is said and done it's okay but having to change screen modes etc to even get 60fps when using a 144hz monitor in windowed or borderless windowed mode (it locks it at 48fps otherwise I think) is bull. I actually downloaded it now to see if they fixed it but nope!
Considering the best version of Spyro right now is 1440p 30fps with shit framepacing, that seems awesome. PC version might not be up to the standards of great ports but compared to consoles.... it's in another league. I was shocked at how poor the 1X version turned out.

Ganado

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the best version of Spyro right now is 1440p 30fps with shit framepacing, that seems awesome. PC version might not be up to the standards of great ports but compared to consoles.... it's in another league. I was shocked at how poor the 1X version turned out.
I'm not saying it will be worse than consoles, most likely much better but it doesn't excuse some of the shortcomings of their ports. I'll still buy it and enjoy it probably but IG is still on my "eeehh, aight" tier of port studios.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Yep, gladly I've waited... the stuttering on the PS4 version is awful! Gimme those sweet 60 (144?) FPS baby!!!

And CTR next... year :'(