• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dragonflys545

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I mean people who plays sports title each year loses their access all the time this is exactly like that. I guess let this be a lesson for those who support these trash company doing these bullshit.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Governments step in and prevent people from being exposed to awful games that exist to only manipulate to people?

I like this kind of regulation.

I'd prefer the industry be treated like others where regulation is in place around situations where humans have the potential to hurt themselves. Not end up in a stalemate where outright bans happen.

It's a gross lack of effort on the industries behalf with self-regulation that leads to overseeing bodies scrambling to reach conclusions of what to do with glorified gambling and spending in games that can reach hundreds if not thousands within 30 minutes due to how uncapped digital spending can work.

This industry is feeding like mosquitoes sucking blood as no one knows if this cash cow bubble will burst, if not when. Mobile gacha has been tearing it up for a long time but even it's potentially going to have sustainability issues or have to wade through regulation. Devs working like bats out of hell to clone the mobile F2P market into home console and PC is only intensifying the WW scrutiny of empires built on the backs of draining money from carcasses no matter the cost.

At least Apple is now forcing drop rates on everything. Sony and MS ain't going to be doing that any time soon. Blizzard won't even obey the law in China (or it works around it because its that much of a issue in their eyes to display Overwatch drop rates).

As I mentioned on this forum Forenite has already made it onto Watchdog in the UK because the bills of thousands being racked up have made the news as you'd expect.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'd prefer the industry be treated like others where regulation is in place around situations where humans have the potential to hurt themselves. Not end up in a stalemate where outright bans happen.

It's a gross lack of effort on the industries behalf with self-regulation that leads to overseeing bodies scrambling to reach conclusions of what to do with glorified gambling and spending in games that can reach hundreds if not thousands within 30 minutes due to how uncapped digital spending can work.

This industry is feeding like mosquitoes sucking blood as no one knows if this cash cow bubble will burst, if not when. Mobile gacha has been tearing it up for a long time but even it's potentially going to have sustainability issues or have to wade through regulation. Devs working like bats out of hell to clone the mobile F2P market into home console and PC is only intensifying the WW scrutiny of empires built on the backs of draining money from carcasses no matter the cost.

At least Apple is now forcing drop rates on everything. Sony and MS ain't going to be doing that any time soon. Blizzard won't even obey the law in China (or it works around it because its that much of a issue in their eyes to display Overwatch drop rates).

As I mentioned on this forum Forenite has already made it onto Watchdog in the UK because the bills of thousands being racked up have made the news as you'd expect.
More hysteria.

If Blizzard didn't release drop rates for Overwatch as you claimed, how then do you explain Blizzard having released drop rates for Overwatch?

https://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-reveals-overwatch-loot-box-drop-rates-in-china/
https://dotesports.com/overwatch/news/overwatch-loot-box-drop-rates-blizzard-15955

Fortnite Battle Royale doesn't have lootboxes. If kids are spending a lot buying the skins which are for sale directly, perhaps the parents shouldn't have set the kids up with adult accounts, and given the kids access to a credit card with unrestricted spending, and not paid any attention to what their kid was doing or what was happening on their credit card over the last year. You'd think they might have noticed some spending after the first month though.

Last edited: