• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Seems like new outfits for the characters.

Edit: this is what I'm hoping for anyway as part of the S release.

Last edited:

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This is the surprise for Jan 1, 2019? Someone please translate.

"[Notice] New Year January 1, 2019, "Dragon Quest XI in search of the time of the past S" in the site, Fortune Fortune's page will open! Let's fortune the fortune of 2019 to the character of Dragon Quest XI S! Looking forward to the 1st of January!"

It's just reminding of the announcement, it seems.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
They are opening up a fortune telling page for the new year. Get your fortunes told by characters from the game.

I know it is tempting to use the translate feature on Twitter/Google but more often than not it makes gibberish.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it just might be that fortune teller thingie, so best not get your hopes up too high

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
happy new year Japan now where is the news 5am is soon enough

wait I thought new years was a super busy holiday time for Japanese people, what kind of update would we get on a day like this?

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
A whole other Dragon Quest game attached, seeing as the game will likely be two years old before it hits Switch?

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
If they really do an orchestral score, do we really think it's going to be a Switch Exclusive

I'm currently 20 hrs into PS4 version and don't know if I could handle giving up dat 1800p visual fidelity :(

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
If they really do an orchestral score, do we really think it's going to be a Switch Exclusive

I'm currently 20 hrs into PS4 version and don't know if I could handle giving up dat 1800p visual fidelity :(
I dunno bruh, it's Square Enix we're talking about...

If it makes you feel better, the artstyle will make the Switch (puns) to a lower resolution less aggravating

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Anybody have a countdown clock and japanese youtube link for SE announcement?? I'm hoping it'll come soon. Will be out all day later today.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Even if SE wanted to try to include the orchestral soundtrack there's no way that's happening because of Sugiyama. It would be anazing if it included the 2D sprite mode from the 3DS version. Whatever it is I'm keeping my expectations really low. New party member or new dungeon at best.

DtG

May 17, 2018
I would lose my shit if they announced the Switch version will include similar styles to the Japan-only 3DS version. Or an option to play both versions.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
It's oomikuji. On new years people go to a shrine and get one telling them how their year will be. A Japanese fortune.

You put your name in and press the button and one of the characters will appear and tell you your fortune. They are voice recorded using the voice actors from DQXIS.

Anyone saying it is a disappointment: you did this to yourselves. It was obviously a New Years related Japanese fan focused surprise making use of the voice actors just as they said at the stage.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
As it turns out, an announcement made by Japanese company for a Japanese audience ended up being about a Japanese tradition. Shocking.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Fuck moving th release date gimme that music I stopped playing that shit 10 hours. I turned the music down to 0 but I'm not playing a jrpg without music.

Status
Not open for further replies.