Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
From Stadia Reddit

So, where do we stand?
  • As expected, there haven't been any further updates in January after the "120 game mystery bonanza" (other than February pro games, which we still don't know)
  • Still supposedly 2+ months out until 4k on browser, any Assistant functionality at all, and the true wireless controller functionality advertised
  • 120 games coming but none revealed so far
  • Pixel phone remains the only Android phone with Stadia functionality
  • Still no mention of iOS
  • Still no mention at all of Stadia base
  • Still no mention of family sharing
  • Still no acknowledgement that they've read and/or are listening to the community (or plan on bettering their communication model)
  • Daily updates, scrapped for weekly updates, scrapped for... bi-monthly updates?

These are the main issues I can think of off the top of my head, so feel free to add anything that you think they could be doing better. I don't think it's absurd to expect anything other than complete radio silence from a hyped product/service launch that had a $130 buy-in.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Google is a small company, give them a break.

For real though, was it really worth it to rush the launch without a solid long term support and plan? People's perception will be hard to change about the product.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone honestly expect anything different considering this is Google? They just don't understand a lot of the markets they enter and this Stadia move was no different.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I bought the founder's edition or whatever it was called, tried it once, had an awful experience that mirrored the one I had during the Assassin's Creed test, turned off Stadia Pro recurring billing, and have never logged in again.

I suspect my scenario is not unique. I think I even have a couple "buddy passes" sitting around somewhere I can't even be bothered to fish up and give away, because why punish a friend?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone honestly expect anything different considering this is Google? They just don't understand a lot of the markets they enter and this Stadia move was no different.
Google seems to love talking and announcing the next big thing, supporting them on the other hand...

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you check my post history, you'll see that I'm a big supporter of Stadia. I believe in the platform, play regularly, and am looking forward to some major released on it [IE if Cyberpunk is day and date Stadia will be my goto platform]

To that I would add that this is unacceptable.

What makes matters worse is that their community manager decided to jump in there to say "I hear you but we don't have anything to talk about". Stadia's inability to market their product is more offensive to me than the fact that it's partially baked. I can forgive it being a work in progress, but nearly every step since announcement has been bungled by their marketing team.

May 9, 2018
For those repeating the "Google Kills Everything" meme, Google usually only kills products after years on the market. Radio silence after months on the market is highly unusual.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Not having a new game announced or released for a bit over a month is pretty shocking to me since it's a store front.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I returned it the second they lied about the game quality. Them lying about the rest of it seems par for the course.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
tenor.gif

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
This is one one the most pathetic things I have seen from a hardware manufacturer. Even some of the worst consoles of all time at least tried to release some original content before they died (even if those games are terrible).

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost as if those extra dozen games they added to the launch lineup at the last second were planned to be dripped out over this period to prevent a content drought....

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I expect one last push from google before it's completely abandoned.

This is exactly what I was gonna say. It's crazy how dead it already seems. But, I think they'll still give it another big push. They need to get out there with an original title and show what the cloud can do that local hardware can't. It will still fail. But, it would have been a better move than outdated Destiny 2 running worse than on consoles.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Part of me feels terrible for consumers who have put time/money into Stadia. I really hope that, when Google inevitably kills this thing before calendar 2020 is over, they offer refunds or something.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Still enjoying mine and in absolute awe of how well it works, but I don't blame people for being annoyed.

Looking forward to another Stadia thread full of tired jokes about Google killing it.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
It's getting one game in February (Monster Supercross 3) and one time in March (Doom Eternal).
It's fair to call this thing dead. I honestly can't believe it's launch and release was worse than the Wii U's.

Oct 25, 2017
It's in beeeeeeeeeta.

We'll see how long Google has the patience to store and maintain gaming hardware for this very small service.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If you check my post history, you'll see that I'm a big supporter of Stadia. I believe in the platform, play regularly, and am looking forward to some major released on it [IE if Cyberpunk is day and date Stadia will be my goto platform]

To that I would add that this is unacceptable.

What makes matters worse is that their community manager decided to jump in there to say "I hear you but we don't have anything to talk about". Stadia's inability to market their product is more offensive to me than the fact that it's partially baked. I can forgive it being a work in progress, but nearly every step since announcement has been bungled by their marketing team.
Don't worry, Caspah, the CM is "jotting down" the issues. I hope they have a LOT of post-it notes.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Stadia's performance impressed me far more than I expected, but yikes google really isn't handling this well.

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I need to go "Netflix-style" to survive, if that's not in the works....yea it's on it way to the grave

Deleted member 49438

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Yeah you'd think they'd be able to announce release windows for some of those 120 mystery games slated for 2020 to throw them a bone at least...

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
I mean, I bought the founder's edition or whatever it was called, tried it once, had an awful experience that mirrored the one I had during the Assassin's Creed test, turned off Stadia Pro recurring billing, and have never logged in again.

Which is kind of funny, because while I had a shit connect due to crappy wifi dongle and distance between where I'm at and the router, my experience during their technical test with AC:O wasn't really that bad. Between PSNow and NVidia streaming, it ran surprisingly well aside from ocassional artifacts.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
They moved up some of their game releases when people complained and Microsoft added a bunch of games to the xCloud beta. So that probably didn't help with their release schedule I guess. But idk about not communicating, didn't they just say something recently about new games?