Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Part of me feels terrible for consumers who have put time/money into Stadia. I really hope that, when Google inevitably kills this thing before calendar 2020 is over, they offer refunds or something.

Why? Anyone shocked this is where things have ended up with the platform were either in denial over the information leading up to launch or just weren't paying attention. It's been nothing but red flags

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Which is kind of funny, because while I had a shit connect due to crappy wifi dongle and distance between where I'm at and the router, my experience during their technical test with AC:O wasn't really that bad. Between PSNow and NVidia streaming, it ran surprisingly well aside from ocassional artifacts.
Meanwhile I was on a hardwired gigabit connection each time that is absolutely rock-solid. Just goes to show the infrastructure is not ready and won't be for ages, if ever.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I feel a little bad for this, but I'm glad its not getting support; streaming video games, especially with *exclusives* tied to such a streaming service, is such a terrible idea and could negatively impact the industry in ways that make games cease to exist. I'd honestly be delighted if Stadia didn't last.
Streaming itself isn't a horrible idea in the sense of giving people with lower end systems or a lack of space an easier way to access games, but once exclusives get into a mix its just....awful.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
LOL...of all the topics that we might disagree with each other, nothing unites all of Resetera like bad Stadia news 😂

It's funny this topic was created today, because just last week, Google just canceled their whole Google Newsstand business and refunded any digital subscriptions you had there. Like no warning until a few days later, and just via a single email. Then I thought of Stadia and said "wow we really haven't heard anything in awhile"...

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
They had to of been trying to rush this out to be other companies to the cloud gaming space.

But just flopped hard out of the gate

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Did anyone honestly expect anything different considering this is Google? They just don't understand a lot of the markets they enter and this Stadia move was no different.

There was a lot of doom and gloom about "now it´s a big guys game" when we first knew that Google, Amazon and MS were investing in streaming gaming.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I kinda feel like Google is going to be willing to dump some cash into this even knowing it's hopeless just because they don't want any new product they make to get immediately tagged as bound for the Google Graveyard.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
smWmI.jpg

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I hope they can turn it around somehow, even if it's only for the hundreds of talented people working in their studios.

but it's gonna be tough

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Stadia is on the verge of DOA.

Wtf is Google doing?

They literally announced a week and a half ago a roadmap on when features such as 4k on pc were coming as well as 120+ games on track so far for this year. People just really want the service to die here. I mean google should definitely step up the communication but people here are rather ridiculous over wanting to see this service die. I'm having flashbacks from when Oculus and Vive released in 2016 and every other thread in the old place was calling for the death of VR.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
They literally announced a week and a half ago a roadmap on when features such as 4k on pc were coming as well as 120+ games on track so far for this year. People just really want the service to die here. I mean google should definitely step up the communication but people here are rather ridiculous over wanting to see this service die. I'm having flashbacks from when Oculus and Vive released in 2016 and every other thread in the old place was calling for the death of VR.
You know this stuff comes from Stadia Reddit right? Nothing "here" that wants it to die.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Didn't they just announce 120 games including 10 exclusives coming to Stadia this year? Although I realise that still pales in comparison to other platforms.
It's getting one game in February (Monster Supercross 3) and one time in March (Doom Eternal).
It's fair to call this thing dead. I honestly can't believe it's launch and release was worse than the Wii U's.
Are these games free (*) with the premium subscription, or do they need to be purchased separately? If the latter, what are the free monthly games since Destiny?

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
While it'll probably end up dead ultimately, they're still hiring like crazy for it. There will be more coming.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
120 games coming with ten games launching first on Stadia in 2020, January is almost over, yet we know none of them.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Worse image quality than X1X, lag, and full priced games that you aren't confident you'll keep for long.

What could go wrong?

The future of streaming is all you can eat, not game purchasing.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't they just announce 120 games including 10 exclusives coming to Stadia this year? Although I realise that still pales in comparison to other platforms.

Are these games free (*) with the premium subscription, or do they need to be purchased separately? If the latter, what are the free monthly games since Destiny?
They've cycled through the two tomb raider games as free, and I think one or two more

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017

No, you're going to have to buy them.