• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Out of curiosity for anyone who's used the service routinely since launch and has recently cancelled: do you see a visual difference when you play games you've bought (now that the highest streaming quality is no longer available)? If you do, woud you say it's a big difference? I guess ultimately the question is, what kind of value would you assign to that difference?

If they've added support for Samsung phones does that mean an app for Samsung TVs might be likely?
In the end their goal is probably to be on everything, which would include apps for TVs. I think that's probably pretty low down on their current agenda though.

Last edited:

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Release Day Canceliversary! :( was hoping that definitely today they would announce some big hitters and new exclusives to keep us on board

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone here actually paying the $10/mo now? I canceled mine just before it would've charged me.

I actual returned my Premier Edition within the returns window due to CCU issues so I haven't had a Pro subscription for a couple of months now (they cancel it when you get your refund obviously). Regardless, I'm gonna grab a month in the next week or so to play Gylt. Seems like a no brainer for me to pay £8.99 to play through it (I almost grabbed it for £29.99 at launch).

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually assumed Founders would get a few more months free while they figured things out.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I actually assumed Founders would get a few more months free while they figured things out.
That was a fairly common guess, and didn't seem particularly unreasonable once it started looking like Google wouldn't have the base subscription tier ready before the 3 months that founders got started to expire.

I guess they want to start making money, however little, from Stadia as a service (rather than just as a storefront).

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone played through Gylt? I put about an hour into it but the stealth sections really soured me. Does it get better?

Sir_Caffeine

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Has anyone played through Gylt? I put about an hour into it but the stealth sections really soured me. Does it get better?
The stealth section in the beginning is pretty much the entire game. Finished it today but mostly because my kids really wanted to see the end. Thought it was a cool game with a good message but a bit too repetitive.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
That was a fairly common guess, and didn't seem particularly unreasonable once it started looking like Google wouldn't have the base subscription tier ready before the 3 months that founders got started to expire.

I guess they want to start making money, however little, from Stadia as a service (rather than just as a storefront).
Personally, I was assuming the reason why Premium for founders was only a 3 month period was because, Stadia Base would be out by then, which kinda puts this whole thing in a really awkward situation. I'm still curious to try the service, but not enough to pay for a founders edition or pay for Premium.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Whoops, got billed for Stadia. Right now, without so many features I was hoping for, I plan to cancel.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
"It looks like Uplay+ may be getting a beta test for Stadia this month. The Global Beta Test Network, which just added Stadia to its list of available platforms at the beginning of February, just sent out emails to members about an upcoming beta test for Stadia.

To enter one of these betas, you have to answer a series of questions in a survey. With all of the questions pertaining to the beta. Things like your Stadia account ID, Stadia-associated email, and Discord ID are all requested for this upcoming test."

www.androidheadlines.com

Uplay+ Is Getting A Stadia Beta Test This Month

It looks like Uplay+ may be getting a beta test for Stadia this month. The Global Beta Test Network, which just added Stadia to its list of available

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
"It looks like Uplay+ may be getting a beta test for Stadia this month. The Global Beta Test Network, which just added Stadia to its list of available platforms at the beginning of February, just sent out emails to members about an upcoming beta test for Stadia.

To enter one of these betas, you have to answer a series of questions in a survey. With all of the questions pertaining to the beta. Things like your Stadia account ID, Stadia-associated email, and Discord ID are all requested for this upcoming test."

www.androidheadlines.com

Uplay+ Is Getting A Stadia Beta Test This Month

It looks like Uplay+ may be getting a beta test for Stadia this month. The Global Beta Test Network, which just added Stadia to its list of available
I wonder what games will be available?

It's less exciting for me as Ubisoft games work really well with GeForce Now, but if they really offer 4k I might bite

Bahlor

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Another community update, this time it's an developer interview with Massive Miniteam, the dev behind Spitlings

Interview with the creators of Spitlings, arriving First on Stadia

Spitlings, the arcade platformer, is coming to players everywhere First on Stadia on February 25! That’s right - next Tuesday, you’ll be able to instantly hop into the chaos with up to three friends locally. But beware - if one player fails and gets hit by a bubble, everyone will need to...

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
3 new games next month, all games that I want. Dirty b@stards might get me to resub lol

This Week on Stadia: Three new games coming to Stadia Pro

Pull up to the starting line and get ready to claim three more no-cost games with your Stadia Pro subscription. GRID, SteamWorld Dig 2, and SteamWorld Quest are headed to Stadia Pro on March 1. In addition to this month’s no-cost Stadia Pro games, there’s a new game available for purchase in the...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
3 new games next month, all games that I want. Dirty b@stards might get me to resub lol

This Week on Stadia: Three new games coming to Stadia Pro

Pull up to the starting line and get ready to claim three more no-cost games with your Stadia Pro subscription. GRID, SteamWorld Dig 2, and SteamWorld Quest are headed to Stadia Pro on March 1. In addition to this month’s no-cost Stadia Pro games, there’s a new game available for purchase in the...

I'm in for GRID. That's a great game to give to Pro subs.

ImaLawy3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
The value of the Pro games are insane. Really looking forward to the Steamworld games. Wanted to pick it up for the Switch a few times, but neglected to.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in for GRID. That's a great game to give to Pro subs.
Definately.

Now that my interest is peaked again I am trying the mobile version of Stadia with an Xb1 controller but it is not responding at all.

Is it only the Stadia controller that works? I know it's not my phone as I use it with Xcloud and Geforce

edit: nvm it works just wouldn't let me cancel the opening cinematic for some reason

edit2: lol I don't seem to have an option to re-subscribe

Last edited:

Bahlor

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
For anyone interested there is currently a livestream of Spitlings going on. They currently are playing solo but will be playing online mp later with viewers. Devs are also in the Chat .

youtu.be

Let's Play SPITLINGS • STORY & 4 PLAYER CO-OP GAMEPLAY

SPITLINGS - Available now on Stadia (Available FREE on Stadia Pro)August 4th 2020 on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One and Steam.What is this madness?...

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone interested there is currently a livestream of Spitlings going on. They currently are playing solo but will be playing online mp later with viewers. Devs are also in the Chat .

youtu.be

Let's Play SPITLINGS • STORY & 4 PLAYER CO-OP GAMEPLAY

SPITLINGS - Available now on Stadia (Available FREE on Stadia Pro)August 4th 2020 on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One and Steam.What is this madness?...
Looks fun...just not sure if it is $19 fun...

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
It's 19,99 usd? Thought it would be 14,99 usd as it's often a direct comparison from eur
It's $14.99.

n26MX1t.png

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've been bouncing back and forth between Stadia and GeForce Now for a while now (was in the beta for GeForce Now for ages so been using it for a while). They're both obviously very different in a lot of ways but there's one massive difference that really makes Stadia better imo.

It's the contrast levels. GeForce Now looks like a video stream. It's washed out and blacks look grey. I never ever feel like it's native, I feel like I'm playing a stream. On the opposite end, Stadia looks basically native on my screen. You'll get the odd hitch that'll give it away but I'm constantly surprised at how native-like the Stadia stream looks to my eyes on my nice screen.

Sir_Caffeine

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I've been bouncing back and forth between Stadia and GeForce Now for a while now (was in the beta for GeForce Now for ages so been using it for a while). They're both obviously very different in a lot of ways but there's one massive difference that really makes Stadia better imo.

It's the contrast levels. GeForce Now looks like a video stream. It's washed out and blacks look grey. I never ever feel like it's native, I feel like I'm playing a stream. On the opposite end, Stadia looks basically native on my screen. You'll get the odd hitch that'll give it away but I'm constantly surprised at how native-like the Stadia stream looks to my eyes on my nice screen.
This... Actually kind of nailed it. That's how it feel, and the black levels (colours overall) are a huge part of it.

Stavik

Nov 12, 2019

Interesting, would love to see a in-depth video of someone like DF comparing the two

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017

Do you mean on the big screen or a PC monitor? I find Stadia outperforms Geforce in stability but Geforce has the edge with color contrast. granted I only really just checked this with Destiny on my PC with it's crappy monitor

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Do you mean on the big screen or a PC monitor? I find Stadia outperforms Geforce in stability but Geforce has the edge with color contrast. granted I only really just checked this with Destiny on my PC with it's crappy monitor

Both for me. On my 4k TV via a Chromecast Stadia looks essentially native. On my PC monitor (1080p) it looks great too. GeForce Now looks like a Steam Link stream. Like it's washed out.