Oct 25, 2017
Oh man that's just deserts for Thomas. Beautiful.
He doesn't like sand

totally normal hockey play
Maybe don't fuck around on top of and around the netminder? Not sure people should be shedding tears for someone like Backes either
Nothing more fun then watching the blues get exposed for the weak penalty taking team they are. Sharks were to dead to beat them.

Go bruins!
Even if this were true (it isn't), that's still an important part of success in playoff hockey. Endurance, resilience, depth, etc. Sharks were 'to weak'.

Also consistent goaltending helps.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
He doesn't like sand

Maybe don't fuck around on top of and around the netminder? Not sure people should be shedding tears for someone like Backes either
Even if this were true (it isn't), that's still an important part of success in playoff hockey. Endurance, resilience, depth, etc. Sharks were 'to weak'.

Also consistent goaltending helps.
Ain't nothing lucky about headshots lmao. Oh well. Another Stl SCF loss. Maybe they will win one game for once

Oct 25, 2017
Ain't nothing lucky about headshots lmao. Oh well. Another Stl SCF loss. Maybe they will win one game for once
You wouldn't have even gotten a sniff of the second round were it not for luck so don't start cursing her now. Sucks what happened to Hertl and it should've been penalized imo but my dude you need to set an example for other Sharks fans and try owning your fate for once

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You wouldn't have even gotten a sniff of the second round were it not for luck so don't start cursing her now. Sucks what happened to Hertl and it should've been penalized imo but my dude you need to set an example for other Sharks fans and try owning your fate for once
I'll own every years fate except the one that 3 key players are injured going into a series. Enjoy the feeling of being in the cup final though, won't be long and might not be there for awhile

Oct 25, 2017
I'll own every years fate except the one that 3 key players are injured going into a series. Enjoy the feeling of being in the cup final though, won't be long and might not be there for awhile
That's called the playoffs. Build a durable and deep fucking team or hope that your players can play through some awful shit. Also helps when your goalie isn't sub 900

And thanks, man. It's pretty awesome. Just walking around downtown St. Louis down St Louis street and high-fiving people with the jazz music everywhere and making fun of the San Jose Sharks because my team totally just beat them in 6 games and stuff it's been so amazing. I don't imagine it'll be long, though, or that they'll be there for a while considering it's the Final and it's 7 games max but anyway I just really appreciate the sentiment coming from you someone who I thought would resent me, a St. Louis Blues fan, of the team who just eliminated you. Very cool, very cool

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I went to bed after the Blues going up 2-0, as a Boston lifelong I figured we could just win the Cup next year instead and spread out the parades.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
so boston is really about to have 3/4 of its teams win a title in 1 year?

fuck this city lol

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
It was rough watching the Blues turn in one of their worst games of the playoffs (hell of the past 5 months) on the big stage. As a lifelong Blues fan that's older than most here, I am prepared for this to be the only Finals appearance for my team in my lifetime. Just hoping they can respond in G2 like they have in previous series.

They gave us some hope by cashing in a couple opportunistic goals, then went to hell with puck support and gap closure. It's something we've seen before, but it wasn't a good time for sure. Staying out of the box would also be nice, stole a lot of momentum.. not to mention costing a goal.

Taking something positive away.. despite the horrible performance it was still a 1 shot game at the end.

Deleted member 4375

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

To be fair, he's a Canucks fan. But your jab still fits, as the Canucks make it to the finals every 20 years and fail spectacularly anyway.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, he's a Canucks fan. But your jab still fits, as the Canucks make it to the finals every 20 years and fail spectacularly anyway.
How spectacular are we talking? Having your franchise relocated kind of spectacular fail? Are we talking something more lowkey like Laine ghosting harder than Stamkos? Or maybe something more consistent like the Jets never even making the SCF. Please do elaborate.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How spectacular are we talking? Having your franchise relocated kind of spectacular fail? Are we talking something more lowkey like Laine ghosting harder than Stamkos? Or maybe something more consistent like the Jets never even making the SCF. Please do elaborate.
Blowing a 2-0 series lead in the final and getting embarassed at home in G7 SCF to the point your city riots... for the second time in a row lol

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Blowing a 2-0 series lead in the final and getting embarassed at home in G7 SCF to the point your city riots... for the second time in a row lol
Hey, I'll own that fate. Yeah, we lost and people were upset about it. I'll take that any day over the delusion that the retirement home that San Jose forces out onto the ice game after game was going anywhere. Maybe if you owned the fact your shitty team infamous for historic chokes may be the ones to blame for another epic chokejob, you'd be a little more upset about it too.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Hey, I'll own that fate. Yeah, we lost and people were upset about it. I'll take that any day over the delusion that the retirement home that San Jose forces out onto the ice game after game was going anywhere. Maybe if you owned the fact your shitty team infamous for historic chokes may be the ones to blame for another epic chokejob, you'd be a little more upset about it too.
I'll take making it to Game 6 WCF with 3 top players missing / hurt then dwelling in the mediocrity that is Vancouver for the last 7 years :P
I'm sure you'll be in the post season next year! Oh sorry. I've been listening to TSN1040 too much.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take making it to Game 6 WCF with 3 top players missing / hurt then dwelling in the mediocrity that is Vancouver for the last 7 years :P
I'm sure you'll be in the post season next year! Oh sorry. I've been listening to TSN1040 too much.
The refs were your top 3 players though 🤔

Deleted member 4375

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

-Being outscored like 24-8 for one.
-Having fans be stupid enough to destroy their city and incriminate themselves in the process.
-Being the literal punching bags of the Bruins. See Marchand vs. one of the Sedins.
-Making it all the way to the finals and choking it away in game 7 after being the best team in the league.

Some of the events that come to mind. At least it gave me the Luongo beachball pics to remember it by.

Also yeah, we lost an NHL team in the past but have since gotten one back that is very well poised to win the Stanley Cup sooner than later. You can diss Laine et al all you like but we've still got a team who's best years are yet to come. The window is wide open.

And at the end of the day, the Canucks and Jets have the same amount of cups. Only difference is that we will change that well before the Canucks can even think about it.

2031, perhaps?

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
-Being outscored like 24-8 for one.
-Having fans be stupid enough to destroy their city and incriminate themselves in the process.
-Being the literal punching bags of the Bruins. See Marchand vs. one of the Sedins.
-Making it all the way to the finals and choking it away in game 7 after being the best team in the league.

Some of the events that come to mind. At least it gave me the Luongo beachball pics to remember it by.

Also yeah, we lost an NHL team in the past but have since gotten one back that is very well poised to win the Stanley Cup sooner than later. You can diss Laine et al all you like but we've still got a team who's best years are yet to come. The window is wide open.

And at the end of the day, the Canucks and Jets have the same amount of cups. Only difference is that we will change that well before the Canucks can even think about it.

2031, perhaps?
You can't even remember which Sedin it was. But yes I'm sure those events really come to mind. I assume it's more memorable than anything the Jets have done in recent memory.

Despite being lauded as a great team, despite being gifted a 2OA pick, despite all the DeStInY bullshit you espouse, the Jets had one good year where they won two series. That's the extent of your success. You couldn't get past the first round in a time where the western conference is weaker than it's ever been. Good luck with your window when teams actually get good again.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me, Erdrick and Maneil99 allied in salt? What a team! What a combo! What a-

UltimateCharmingHanumanmonkey-size_restricted.gif

Two fans so drenched in failure and disappointment that they have to either a) pretend that they never repeatedly insisted, and not even jokingly, that their team was destined to win the Cup this year, or b) pretend that they didn't get gift after gift from referees and still fail and still then turn around and blame said referees and 'luck'.... to ultimately try and salvage some kind of face or victory by talking about a rebuilding team that lost in the SCF eight years ago. Devastating!

Oct 27, 2017
Jeeze Louise it got aggressive in here.

In lighter news, my social media has been ALL Raptors until this morning, when it became fifty billion posts about Krug's hit.

Deleted member 4375

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't even remember which Sedin it was. But yes I'm sure those events really come to mind. I assume it's more memorable than anything the Jets have done in recent memory.

Despite being lauded as a great team, despite being gifted a 2OA pick, despite all the DeStInY bullshit you espouse, the Jets had one good year where they won two series. That's the extent of your success. You couldn't get past the first round in a time where the western conference is weaker than it's ever been. Good luck with your window when teams actually get good again.

-They are twins. Other than the back of their uniform, how in the flying fish am I supposed to tell the difference? Does one take beatings better than the other?

-Still never said the term "Destiny" when it applied to the Jets. Yes, I said they would win it all this year, and I've been obviously proven wrong, considering where we are now but it was actually Tabris, a fellow Canucks fan of yours that was all in on the Destiny /16 hype.

-If you honestly think the Jets will be worse this coming season than last, well, that's for you to reconcile with.

Fuck me, Erdrick and Maneil99 allied in salt? What a team! What a combo! What a-

UltimateCharmingHanumanmonkey-size_restricted.gif

Two fans so drenched in failure and disappointment that they have to either a) pretend that they never repeatedly insisted, and not even jokingly, that their team was destined to win the Cup this year, or b) pretend that they didn't get gift after gift from referees and still fail and still then turn around and blame said referees and 'luck'.... to ultimately try and salvage some kind of face or victory by talking about a rebuilding team that lost in the SCF eight years ago. Devastating!

Oh hey, it's the living definition of the term "Devil's Advocate" Do people here like to argue? WHO GIVES A FUCK, BECAUSE HERE COMES SOC! Whether it be the most inane or trivial item or something of actual merit, he's your man. Like something? Prepare to be quoted and questioned! Have an opinion? FUCK, HERE HE IS AGAIN! Wanna have tons of talk about prospects that only matter to Canucks fans? He'll tell you the plus/minus of the guy when he was playing a game of ball hockey at age 7!

Oh and lest I forget the lovely digging up posts and the like. Hope you got your reading glasses on, cause HE'S ON THE CASE! He'll find answers to questions that NO ONE FUCKING ASKED.

But it's ok. He has me blocked, so he wont see this unless OF COURSE HE WILL, because he can't fucking help himself. "GET SOME NEW MATERIAL" He says, well, maybe if the Canucks would have done something since 2011, I would. But they don't. Instead we're treated to "BOESSER X 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000" 2 years ago and "PETEY X 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000" last year.

A franchise that is so fucking inept that it goes through coaches faster than Cory Schneider's rising Goals Against Average. A franchise that is about as impotent as one of my rants here.

But that's ok. "The Jets are Straight-up Cunts" as Per the Exhalted One, after we mauled them last... January? Physical-wise, I think we won 1-0, having scored with 5 mins left? I don't remember the exact details.

You know why?

BECAUSE SOC DOES!

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just disappointed that with all this salt no one is splashing any on the Bruins or Blues. Just more proof that this SCF doesn't count.

Oct 25, 2017
Fixd

Also I love this page

Also fuck the bruins
I'm lining his gastrointestinal walls. Major IBS.

I'm just disappointed that with all this salt no one is splashing any on the Bruins or Blues. Just more proof that this SCF doesn't count.
Doesn't help that Blues fans are filled with this 'just happy to be here' garbage. Dovetails too nicely with Bruins fans' devil-may-care entitlement.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Hard to take someone's chirps seriously when they haven't been a playoff threat since 2012 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Canucks are destined for mediocrity due to their fan base and owner. Mostly the owner.

lunlunqq

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not super into sports. But every time I come into a sports final thread, there always are a whole bunch of people shitting on Boston. Rooting for a bullied underdog seems to be right thing to do here. So go Boston!

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to take someone's chirps seriously when they haven't been a playoff threat since 2012 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Canucks are destined for mediocrity due to their fan base and owner. Mostly the owner.

okay this has got to be the stupidest post in this thread and will be for a long ti-

I'm not super into sports. But every time I come into a sports final thread, there always are a whole bunch of people shitting on Boston. Rooting for a bullied underdog seems to be right thing to do here. So go Boston!

......... what

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017

That's the stupidest thing I've seen on this forum and people poop in the shower.

Last edited:

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

everyone against us

the league
the zebras (the refs)

but your in good company borther

A-Walk-After-Success-boston-bruins-35863586-960-720.jpg

lunlunqq

Oct 26, 2017
Ha, by simply expressing my sympathy towards Boston, I got a lot insults. This further proves my point. Go Bruins!!!!

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, by simply expressing my sympathy towards Boston, I got a lot insults. This further proves my point. Go Bruins!!!!

"Man, everyone hates GSW and the Pats apparently so they must be the underdog and I'm rooting for them"

then pikachu meme face when people think that's a stupid statement to make...

You think the Canucks have been a playoff threat since 2012 or that they aren't stuck in a loop of mediocritiy? Lmao

Let's just say that a Sharks fan making fun of the Canucks playoff failures is as misplaced as a Trump supporter posting about "her e-mails"

Oct 27, 2017
We're merely pointing out that your sympathy is misplaced, as is your perspective that the Bruins are "bullied underdogs". If you're trolling, do your thing. If you're sincere, understand that you are completely and utterly mistaken and ignorant as to how the Boston Bruins are viewed by literally anyone who pays attention to hockey. Additionally, the city of Boston itself in regards to North American sports is absolutely spoiled for championships and have not been considered underdogs at any point in the last 20 years.

The Boston Bruins, if anything, are considered the Big Bad Bully of the NHL. The total opposite of what you're saying. They are the big tough jock football player with tons of friends and a smoking hot girlfriend that pushes nerds into lockers and hazes rookies in the locker room.

The Blues, on the other hand, were DEAD FUCKING LAST at the beginning of the year and are now contenders for the cup. You want to root for an underdog cheer for the Blues.