Captain_Vyse

Jun 24, 2020
The featurette on the BD about the DS9 episode isn't anything unexpected, but it's nice to see how much care they put into recreating the station in the context of the cartoon.

That and the Mariner scene at the end being written into the episode because Newsome complained about not having a scene on DS9 is cute.
Nice to see one of the shows care about DS9.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Since this thread was bumped and there may be some LD viewers that don't watch SNW (what's wrong with you? 😝 ), the LD crossover is next week.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
F1q0saaXgAAmWeW

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Lower Decks isn't on the chopping block. It and SNW are pretty much the only things I watch on Paramount.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
Watching S1 again and it's weird how they're shipping Mariner and Ransom. lol
I didn't get that at all.

It seems like they were just platonic friends, sure Mariner seemed kinda jealous when Boimler got a hot gf, but it seemed like it was more a platonic jealousy rather than romantic jealousy.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Since this thread was bumped and there may be some LD viewers that don't watch SNW (what's wrong with you? 😝 ), the LD crossover is next week.

I was never much of a Star Trek fan until Lower Decks. I checked out TNG and DS9 and even watched the entire original series, but none of it stuck for me.

Now, Lower Decks inspired me to check out Strange New Worlds and I'm absolutely hooked. Just finished season 1 so hopefully I can catch up fully soon.

I didn't get that at all.

It seems like they were just platonic friends, sure Mariner seemed kinda jealous when Boimler got a hot gf, but it seemed like it was more a platonic jealousy rather than romantic jealousy.

I dunno, I definitely got shipping vibes there. Didn't like them at all, but they felt pretty overt.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Watching S1 again and it's weird how they're shipping Mariner and Ransom. lol

I thought this was the whole sitcom thing of "they HATE each other! therefore they secretly want to have sex with each other!" rather than an actual attempt to put them together. But I haven't rewatched the first season lately.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was the whole sitcom thing of "they HATE each other! therefore they secretly want to have sex with each other!" rather than an actual attempt to put them together. But I haven't rewatched the first season lately.
It's strongest in the episode where the audience first meets them, episode 3. They have Ransom be Kirk and take off his shirt to fight an alien with his hands clasped together and Mariner finds him hot but hates it, then at the end Ransom finds Mariner hot when she says she'll be happy to watch him die on the next mission. lol

I assume it's like one of those early episode things where they were still trying to figure out dynamics, and "enemies to lovers" is one of those easy tropes to lean on. I guess it's possible that it was making fun of it, but it seemed fairly straight. I don't remember much of S2, but I think they must have gotten past it then.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
So not sure where to post this but I noticed Lower Decks is under the "Expiring in 30 days" section on U.K. Amazon Prime. I know Paramount and Amazon announced co-airing rights for Picard season 3 but given what happened with Discovery and Prodigy it seems perfectly possible Lower Decks will only be airing on Paramount+ going forward.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
So not sure where to post this but I noticed Lower Decks is under the "Expiring in 30 days" section on U.K. Amazon Prime. I know Paramount and Amazon announced co-airing rights for Picard season 3 but given what happened with Discovery and Prodigy it seems perfectly possible Lower Decks will only be airing on Paramount+ going forward.
Yeah given that they took back the Canadian rights, it's 100% plausible.

Nov 27, 2020
Not sure why I'm only watching this now, but I'm delighted to hear the VO guy who did the "Next time… on Star Trek… The Next Generation…" promos during TNG's original run.
It's not the same guy. The original VO actor died in the 90s, and his replacement was Don LaFontane who also has passed away.

It's a reasonable take on it thought, particularly the "Staaaaaar Trek".

Nov 27, 2020
Ah, I should have fact checked that, thanks. It's a very good impression.
Fun fact though: the guy who did the original TNG (S1-S3) promos was the same guy who did the ABC Sunday Night Movies, that would show the TOS Movies. It was a neat tie in and made it feel even more connected back in the day. I used to have a bunch of those movies on tape with the lead in promos, so I remember the voice well!

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK

Oh FFS...

That is a major bummer...

I was really looking to this on prime as I have a subscription just because (not specifically for the video service)...

Now I have to consider paramount+... Urgh..

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Just going to bump this again to say Lower Decks has now appeared on Paramount+ in the U.K. and has seemingly been pulled from Prime.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a season 4 OT? I have no idea how to search Resetera. lol

The two episodes are fun, but I liked the second one more. The season 3 version of the first episode was better in my opinion, but I'll leave it that vague for now I guess. lol

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a season 4 OT? I have no idea how to search Resetera. lol

The two episodes are fun, but I liked the second one more. The season 3 version of the first episode was better in my opinion, but I'll leave it that vague for now I guess. lol
We do have a S4 thread.

www.resetera.com

Star Trek: Lower Decks - Season 4 | OT | Dr Forester needed another Tuvix thread

Episodes # Title Date 4.01 Twovix 7 Sep 2023 4.02 I Have No Bones Yet I Must Flee 7 Sep 2023 4.03 In the Cradle of Vexilon 14 Sep 2023 4.04 Something Borrowed, Something Green 21 Sep 2023 4.05 Empathalogical Fallacies 28 Sep 2023 4.06 Parth Ferengi's Heart Place 05 Oct 2023...