Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
This is interesting because some of the scum in your list I would say absolutely no to. What is it about those three?
Fate was a feeling I got at End of Day 3. I think I mentioned feeling off about him then, but his jumpyness weirded me out. He tagged me a couple times when LP claimed doctor and my initial reaction was (...?) because I was already voting Blarg and found it weird that he seemed to be reluctant to vote for someone he was scum reading all day but instead call other people clownshoes. What's given me pause is that he did say to vote Blarg up when he began gaining traction.

Like I said above, Random is mostly PoE. When I put aside everyone I don't want to deal with now and who I town read, I have him to investigate.

Royal's vote history makes me think he's trying to avoid wagons. His activity is fine, he said he was busy and I believe that, but LP-HP-LP is an easy tunnel to hide in.

Who are you solidly against being scum?

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
The scum team are Romulans. We don't need to worry about the Borg.
I have no idea what the state of the canon is these days.
Sorry, With the way this series is, I can't discount that the mafia could be comprised on multiple groups but all under the "mafia" banner.

I can't just say its Romulans, I just can't. It wouldn't make sense.

Why have an empath then? They should be able to determine greed (Ferengi), Emotionless (borg), Romulan (ferocity) or whatever ATP was.

Until all the scum team flips as romulans, I am not going to assume that they all are. Its just flavor afterall. I just hate having a flavour cop and them have seemingly nothing to do otherwise.

Nov 2, 2017
Fate was a feeling I got at End of Day 3. I think I mentioned feeling off about him then, but his jumpyness weirded me out. He tagged me a couple times when LP claimed doctor and my initial reaction was (...?) because I was already voting Blarg and found it weird that he seemed to be reluctant to vote for someone he was scum reading all day but instead call other people clownshoes. What's given me pause is that he did say to vote Blarg up when he began gaining traction.

Like I said above, Random is mostly PoE. When I put aside everyone I don't want to deal with now and who I town read, I have him to investigate.

Royal's vote history makes me think he's trying to avoid wagons. His activity is fine, he said he was busy and I believe that, but LP-HP-LP is an easy tunnel to hide in.

Who are you solidly against being scum?
Maybe not exactly solidly against as scum, but all three of your scum reads I have in at least a "not now" list.

Royal in particular I think stepped up a lot yesterday now they have the time to post, but I would have to reread to see if it has merit. Random is similar, I liked their energy right out of the gate when they replaced in. Fate maybe I could see myself agreeing with after an ISO, but it's not where I'd look first.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe not exactly solidly against as scum, but all three of your scum reads I have in at least a "not now" list.

Royal in particular I think stepped up a lot yesterday now they have the time to post, but I would have to reread to see if it has merit. Random is similar, I liked their energy right out of the gate when they replaced in. Fate maybe I could see myself agreeing with after an ISO, but it's not where I'd look first.
Where are you looking first? HP?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, With the way this series is, I can't discount that the mafia could be comprised on multiple groups but all under the "mafia" banner.

Why have an empath then? They should be able to determine greed (Ferengi), Emotionless (borg), Romulan (ferocity) or whatever ATP was.

Until all the scum team flips as romulans, I am not going to assume that they all are. Its just flavor afterall. I just hate having a flavour cop and them have seemingly nothing to do otherwise.
I'll be very sad if my PR is fluff. Understanding, but sad.

Nov 2, 2017
Where are you looking first? HP?
Yes. I know people have been dogpiling on them and they're feeling shitty about it, but I have to put that aside. I said a couple of days ago I wanted to pick up loose threads from D1 but got distracted by anex. Should have stuck with my original plan. HP and LP are in my POE right now because I don't know if I believe day 1 was TvTvTvT.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Get any results last night?
Yeah, I scanned LP last night.
Yes. I know people have been dogpiling on them and they're feeling shitty about it, but I have to put that aside. I said a couple of days ago I wanted to pick up loose threads from D1 but got distracted by anex. Should have stuck with my original plan. HP and LP are in my POE right now because I don't know if I believe day 1 was TvTvTvT.
Okay. So what do you make of HPs 2-shot DV? Scum utility?

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know that wee revealed that the role was one shot in that chat?
I mean, if I was in a private chat with a claimed multi-shot or unlimited investigative role that revealed a result N1 I sure as hell would get suspicious if there weren't more results rolling it...

if you have a case for either of them then lay it on us
Anex (confirmed Town) blocks HP and there is no NK that night. How can we not check this, Double vote or not?

Scum apparently doesn't bother to even try to kill the claimed doc (according to Zipped whose claim is consistent with at least yesterday's behavior), our cop is dead, the "doc" refuses to even acknowledge that this is weird and in general just avoids to engage with anything about last night. How is this not fishy as hell?

D3 indicates they're not both Scum at least...

Nov 2, 2017
Well, okay. Then what are you looking at in this case?
His general contribution to this game.

Sorry HP wherever you are, but their contribution as town hasn't stacked up the last few days. I wanted to do an ISO yesterday and dig into those feelings, specifically looking at his reads and giving him credit where due, but it was lacking and I felt it wasn't worth posting. I still want to try to do it again to put the case forward, but in short, he's spent most of the last couple of days lamenting that people are on his back without trying to solve. The "giving up" feeling he's giving off reminds me a lot of what Geno did as scum in Scooby Doo 2. Most of his reads have been prompted by others as well, all the way back to D1.

If you're legitimately feeling shit and hating this HP, I'm sorry. But it can look like he's skating by on this glum attitude and people feeling sorry for him. If he's town, then he should try to solve today period. ISO someone, put a case together, anything.

Nov 2, 2017
Well, okay. Then what are you looking at in this case?

Wee
Bojack
You
Malus
Random
Vere
Zipped
Ephi
Anex/LP
Jman
Royal

Can't really separate Anex and LP. I'd probably drop LP to joint bottom with Royal if it wasn't for the fact that he has claimed doctor
Though I will say, he did give this full reads list yesterday that I want to look at some more. Compared to anex's there were some wild differences, not that it necessarily means anything.

Something we can agree on is LP so I'd like to see what he has to say about that today.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anex (confirmed Town) blocks HP and there is no NK that night. How can we not check this, Double vote or not?
if you read yesterday, HP used his ability and wasted it

Scum apparently doesn't bother to even try to kill the claimed doc (according to Zipped whose claim is consistent with at least yesterday's behavior), our cop is dead, the "doc" refuses to even acknowledge that this is weird and in general just avoids to engage with anything about last night. How is this not fishy as hell?
LP has posted since day start, can you quote to them refusing?

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
Am I in a deep tunnel right now or do L_P's posts today feel somehow off to anybody else? So... detached?

11 left, 3 scum. So we got 2 more misvotes until myvo? That's an uphill battle.

Scum allegedly has a switcher that messed with wee's check, so if they switch their kill target with someone else, Zipped goes elsewhere and scum shoots who they want.

I think anex was a good pick for the vote yesterday. It's unfortunate he was town and perhaps everyone was biased against him, but the evidence there was pretty compelling.

Votes would move after a doctor claim. There was a chance that Blarg could've been the alternative if people felt strongly about HP. Blarg wasn't around to vote either.

Look at the votes at the end. We went after anex because he was the last remaining vote on HP. The HP wagon almost completely disappeared. Scum had little to no influence on the vote, and that unpredictability means that you'd prefer to sacrifice the guy leading rather than the quiet teammate who could've been the alternative. Heck, the same thing happened with Launch: he was in contention, wasn't around, was pushed to the front and voted out.

Plus even if I survived and HP died, then what? Just look at the past couple days, I'm still getting votes. No chance I would've lived much longer.

You know what I'm thinking about? Jman. He didn't play like a miller. He didn't do much at all. I remember he felt very strongly that HP was town on D2, and that's about it. On D3 he voted me in like the first 10 minutes of the day and didn't move it. Even in his exchange with wee, he didn't claim or hint at his role. What's to say Nat didn't check scum chat upon replacing in and see his teammates say "fake claim miller, you can hand wave the delay and say it was jman being jman".

I also thought about malus. While he voted for Blarg, it was while HP was getting into the lead and it's not impossible that he went for the bus and accidentally ended up looking townie when the swing happened. And fake claiming a BP vest that scum won't test is a good way to discredit a claimed doctor. He also didn't do much after tunneling me for 3 days. But I can't reconcile that with his public poker action which can't be anything but town, so I'll accept that he's town and telling the truth.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Ephidel's lack of scum reads is worrying
I have trust issues, I'm trying to work out how to separate the more spurious reasons for suspicion from ones that might actually have basis.

I can scum read a hell of a lot of things you've done (Your hostility, trying to take advantage of people townreading ATP for his. Your flightiness with regards to actually pushing your scum reads (you've been scum reading me all freaking game, and your case is that I have no scum reads. Whatever). Your pushes to vote for Blarg and then your "wait we should coordinate this" to put it off when voting for Blarg actually mattered.) but I still haven't decided if I actually am.

Same thing for HP, where his lack of engagement with the game has allowed him to draw connections to approximately no-one.

Or Jman's lack of visible solving, lack of visible stances, lack of pushing. His stationary voting. Also Wee calling out Nat's what's going on-ing as scummy, though I don't actually know if it is.

I can also rationalise some of those away.
I want to try and look at it in reverse. What reasons am I holding on to for town reading people. See if it lines up with any of those suspicions. Potentially a lengthy job though.
I want to look at HP and our replaced first either way.

You are Commander Sela, the Godmother and Tracker, and are aligned with the Romulans (Mafia).
To me that implies the Romulans are the mafia, not that they're just part of it 🤷
Vere could just be out here dog sniffing.

Yeah, I scanned LP last night.
Lone_Prodigy if you aren't going to full claim, can you at least give us your flavour so we can compare it with Vere's flavour check?
Can't wait for whoever doesn't go first to get called out for potentially adjusting based on whoever does 👀

Anex (confirmed Town) blocks HP and there is no NK that night. How can we not check this
I'm devil's advocating thing one.

Anex blocking an HP who was submitting a kill is an explanation for the kill-less night, not the only explanation.

Some teams prioritise cops over doctors.

On the offchance LP is telling the truth, if they targeted Wee the night he revealed himself (thinking he might self protect) and he blocked their kill of her then her death last night could be because they figured they had a free run at her because it was blocked the night before and they thought he couldn't protect the same target twice in a row.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
y pushing your scum reads (you've been scum reading me all freaking game, and your case is that I have no scum reads. Whatever).
im not afraid of posting my feelings if they are just empty and hollow,
imo i dont think you have pushed a single person so far yet your posting has been on par with town ephi
which is why i cant find anything concrete to nail you with

"wait we should coordinate this" to put it off when voting for Blarg actually mattered.
i didnt want us to end up on different wagons

Will you just fucking kill me already Jesus Christ
c8VV1ic.jpg

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
His general contribution to this game.

Sorry HP wherever you are, but their contribution as town hasn't stacked up the last few days. I wanted to do an ISO yesterday and dig into those feelings, specifically looking at his reads and giving him credit where due, but it was lacking and I felt it wasn't worth posting. I still want to try to do it again to put the case forward, but in short, he's spent most of the last couple of days lamenting that people are on his back without trying to solve. The "giving up" feeling he's giving off reminds me a lot of what Geno did as scum in Scooby Doo 2. Most of his reads have been prompted by others as well, all the way back to D1.

If you're legitimately feeling shit and hating this HP, I'm sorry. But it can look like he's skating by on this glum attitude and people feeling sorry for him. If he's town, then he should try to solve today period. ISO someone, put a case together, anything.
That's a fair line of reasoning if you want to get to the bottom of his play but I somewhat doubt you're going to get anything out of HP right now. So you'll likely have to go off of the case you put work in.
I have trust issues, I'm trying to work out how to separate the more spurious reasons for suspicion from ones that might actually have basis.

I can scum read a hell of a lot of things you've done (Your hostility, trying to take advantage of people townreading ATP for his. Your flightiness with regards to actually pushing your scum reads (you've been scum reading me all freaking game, and your case is that I have no scum reads. Whatever). Your pushes to vote for Blarg and then your "wait we should coordinate this" to put it off when voting for Blarg actually mattered.) but I still haven't decided if I actually am.

Same thing for HP, where his lack of engagement with the game has allowed him to draw connections to approximately no-one.

Or Jman's lack of visible solving, lack of visible stances, lack of pushing. His stationary voting. Also Wee calling out Nat's what's going on-ing as scummy, though I don't actually know if it is.

I can also rationalise some of those away.
I want to try and look at it in reverse. What reasons am I holding on to for town reading people. See if it lines up with any of those suspicions. Potentially a lengthy job though.
I want to look at HP and our replaced first either way.

To me that implies the Romulans are the mafia, not that they're just part of it 🤷
Vere could just be out here dog sniffing.

Can't wait for whoever doesn't go first to get called out for potentially adjusting based on whoever does 👀

I'm devil's advocating thing one.

Anex blocking an HP who was submitting a kill is an explanation for the kill-less night, not the only explanation.

Some teams prioritise cops over doctors.

On the offchance LP is telling the truth, if they targeted Wee the night he revealed himself (thinking he might self protect) and he blocked their kill of her then her death last night could be because they figured they had a free run at her because it was blocked the night before and they thought he couldn't protect the same target twice in a row.
I came away from this post feeling that those initial people you mentioned (Fate/HP/Jtiko) are a cloud of 'I don't know' for you, is that right? You ended your vote on Zipped yesterday, is he still your scum read?

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Ok if ANEX blocked HP (why would town ANEX lie he wouldn't) and HP was the NK for last night,

HP who did you NK so we can just confirm your scumminess and then put you out of your misery? At this point your defeatism is coming off like open wolfing so own it

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't read any posts since two hours ago. My girlfriend got robbed today and we started drinking VERY early so, uh, sorry nkt sorry.

www.resetera.com

Star Trek: The Next Generation Mafia |OT| The First Duty Of Every Starfleet Officer Is To The Truth (Except In Mafia)

I'm sorry to hear that Ambu. I wish you the best of luck with your interviews and projects!
Thank you, I was really missing the context here

I mean, if I was in a private chat with a claimed multi-shot or unlimited investigative role that revealed a result N1 I sure as hell would get suspicious if there weren't more results rolling it...

D3 indicates they're not both Scum at least...
Wouldn't Wee not had results to share until N3..? I'm confused

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't read any posts since two hours ago. My girlfriend got robbed today and we started drinking VERY early so, uh, sorry nkt sorry.

Take your time Making sure you and yours are alright and ok comes first, solving murders can come during the hangover tomorrow

Or tonight if you want to drunk solve with us

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

Damn, I'm sorry man. I'm hoping you're both good, no one should have to experience that. Take all the time you need.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 5 VOTES ====
Day Start

HPSauce (1 votes)
BoJack Horseman - #2,112

Lone_Prodigy (1 votes)
Zippedpinhead - #2,126

Not voting: Natiko, Royal_Flush, Ephidel, Verelios, malus, Lone_Prodigy, Randomless, FateShirou, HPSauce

Post Counts:
FateShirou: 25 Verelios: 24 Zippedpinhead: 23 Randomless: 19 Natiko: 11 BoJack Horseman: 10 Lone_Prodigy: 9 Ephidel: 8 Royal_Flush: 5 HPSauce: 2

Current Countdown:
phn1gvi62q

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

malus

Oct 30, 2017
With Anex' flip and Zipped's claim I kind of circle back to LP. If Zipped is indeed a Bodyguard, I could very well see that this could be a doctorless game. A roleblock, bodyguard and a BP is certainly enough protection in my opinion. At the moment I'm more inclined to believe Zipped than LP, because he already hinted at his role at the start of day 3 while he wasn't under any pressure. Combine that with how LP claimed and you can see why I'm suspicious there again.

To the matter of HP and the roleblock, is it possible that D3 was SvSvS? I personally find that unlikely, but HP is definitely not out of the PoE.

I think Bojack is pretty much confirmed Town. There is no way Scum knows about a cop on D2 and don't kill them immediately, no matter how many shots they claim. Especially if the game thread at large doesn't know about it yet and so are unlikely to interfere.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If Zipped is indeed a Bodyguard, I could very well see that this could be a doctorless game.
I am adamant that there is a doctor in this game
if you want me to claim i would, idk who reviewed this game and what level of "fuck you" there is

To the matter of HP and the roleblock, is it possible that D3 was SvSvS? I personally find that unlikely, but HP is definitely not out of the PoE.
Can you try and get something out of HP

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I guess same question to HPSauce : What do you think about LP and Zipped, considering they both claimed protective roles?