• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
I've got to work tomorrow so I'd prefer to vote now so I don't have to worry about the game during my shift but I'll defer to what everyone else wants to do.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
It was a marvelous streak but for the first time ever I'll be voted out as town. Ya hate to see it

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== FINAL DAY 8 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Natiko (3 votes)
Lone_Prodigy - #3,304 #3,305
Lone_Prodigy - #3,315
malus - #3,316
HPSauce - #3,317

Not voting: Natiko, FateShirou

Post Counts:
HPSauce: 7 Lone_Prodigy: 7 malus: 5 Natiko: 4

Current Countdown:
zgdwmktd7o

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 8 End / Game End
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Natiko has died!

zXlwZQn.gif

Welcome to Star Trek: The Next Generation Mafia!

You are Hugh, the Miller, and are aligned with the Federation (Town).

As a Borg, even one disconnected from the collective, people are naturally suspicious of you and your motives, but in reality you prefer to live a peaceful life now.

Any checks on your alignment will show you as Not Town.

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...ficer-is-to-the-truth-except-in-mafia.488278/

You will win the game when all threats to the Federation have been eliminated.

And with that, the Romulans have reached a majority, and have killed the remaining Federation members as well.

Lone_Prodigy has died!

66infBv.gif

You are Dr. Beverly Crusher, the 3-Shot Doctor, and are aligned with the Federation (Town).

As the Chief Medical Officer aboard the Enterprise, it is your duty to keep everyone safe and out of harm's way if at all possible.

Three times during the game at night, you may submit command Heal: Player Name to protect your target from a night kill.

You can not target yourself, and you can not target the same player twice in a row.

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...ficer-is-to-the-truth-except-in-mafia.488278/

FateShirou has died!

FTt388H.gif

You are Dr. Katherine Pulaski, the Backup Doctor, and are aligned with the Federation (Town).

As the former Chief Medical Officer aboard the Enterprise, it was your duty to keep everyone safe and out of harm's way if at all possible, during season 2 at least.

Should the Doctor die, you will inherit their role and any shots they had left over, though you won't receive any shots if they had none left.

After taking over the Doctor role, you can submit the command Heal: Player Name to protect your target from a night kill, though if that player is an artificial lifeform, you won't be able to protect them.

You can not target yourself, and you can not target the same player twice in a row.

----------

HPSauce has won the game!

E8vDS3c.gif

You are B'Etor, the Roleblocker and Double Voter, and are aligned with the Romulans (Mafia).

As a member of the House of Duras, you and your sister are always looking for ways to gain power in the Klingon Empire and disrupt their alliance with the Federation, even if it means working with the Romulans.

Each night, you can submit the command Block: Player Name to block a player from performing any actions that night.

In addition, you also have a 2-Shot Double Vote. You can use the command Double: Player Name during the day in the game thread to place a Double Vote on your target. You can use it as many times during the day as you want, but you can only use the command on two different days.

However, your Double Vote will be inactive if the game is in a MyLo state.

You may also perform the Mafia faction kill with the command Kill: Player Name at night.

The Mafia thread is here: https://www.outermafia.com/threads/732/

You will win the game when the Mafia controls a majority of the votes or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

malus has won the game!

TIrG971.gif

You are Lore, the Jack of all Trades, and are aligned with the Romulans (Mafia).

As an android, you have many superhuman abilities which others do not possess, and since you have no particular allegiance to the Federation nor to the human who created you and your brother Data, you are happy to lend your abilities to anyone who is willing to offer you power in return.

You have one shot of each of the following abiltiies:

Strongman - Submit the command Strongman: Player Name at night to override the normal Mafia kill to allow it to go through any protection on your target.

Janitor - Submit the command Janitor: Player Name at night to override the normal Mafia kill to make your target die without revealing their Role PM.

Switcher - Submit the command Switch: Player A, Player B at night to cause any actions targeting Player A to instead target Player B, and vice versa.

Duelist - Submit the command Let's play some Poker: Player Name during the day in the game thread to challenge another player to a hand of 5 card draw Poker. You will each be dealt 5 cards, and may discard any amount to receive new ones in their place one time. Whoever has the better hand will win a Bulletproof Vest.

Bomb - While at least one of your other abilities is unused, your Bomb ability will be active, causing the last player to vote for you to die if you are voted out during the day. Should you use all of your other four abilities though, the Bomb will deactivate.

You may only use one action each night.

You may also perform the Mafia faction kill with the command Kill: Player Name at night.

The Mafia thread is here: https://www.outermafia.com/threads/732/

You will win the game when the Mafia controls a majority of the votes or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

-------------

And with that, the game is over! Thank you everyone for playing!

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'll have a bigger post to make in a bit, but I'll just quickly say that I hope everyone had fun regardless of the outcome! It was a pretty long, and at times, intense game, so I hope there's no hard feelings in the end.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Good game everyone. Thanks Fanto for the fun game.

Shoutout to HP and malus for the hard fought scum win. Y'all played well.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for running the game Fanto! Sorry for shitting it up. Apologies to the townies I got murdered and smack talked.

Literally never feeling sorry for HP in mafia again. Your emotions are now irrelevant to me in game lol

Malus' role is maybe the most broken scum role I've ever seen in a game not labeled bastard. Public, mod verified action? Check. Can give you a BP so you have an excuse to never be NKed? Check. Also a bunch of other abilities and can take a player with you upon death? Check. Yikes.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
I wasn't lying about feeling like shit or wanting to die. I've been off my medication.
If you want to hold it against me that's fine.

Nov 2, 2017
Woo! Congrats malus and HP, it's impressive to skirt by so much suspicion and pull out a win.

Also, thanks Fanto for a great game. Testament to how good it is even when you don't know the source material.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
GG and thanks to Fanto for running it.

I have to admit, I feel like my role was maybe a bit too good. Though I'll also say that after Royal flipped more people should have seen that Scum had a Town role in addition to their Scum role.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
GG and thanks to Fanto for running it.

I have to admit, I feel like my role was maybe a bit too good. Though I'll also say that after Royal flipped more people should have seen that Scum had a Town role in addition to their Scum role.
Yeah, I was totally bought in on that theory but yours was just too nuts. What insane cover to have as scum in a non-bastard game lol Everything else felt fair all told though.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Malus' role was def OP in hindsight, but meh, take it up with Faddy and Loki, they reviewed it lol. :P

In all seriousness though, the game prob should have been labeled Unusual Role Madness at the least to set expectations properly, because there were a lot of wacky roles, and it was set up in a pretty "unusual" way in terms of balancing against mass claims and whatnot.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Malus' role was def OP in hindsight, but meh, take it up with Faddy and Loki, they reviewed it lol. :P

In all seriousness though, the game prob should have been labeled Unusual Role Madness at the least to set expectations properly, because there were a lot of wacky roles, and it was set up in a pretty "unusual" way in terms of balancing against mass claims and whatnot.
Yeah, I think if this has been labeled differently we maybe would've looked at Malus closer. Balance issues happen at times, not a big deal.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
My new work really doesn't leave me as much time to play mafia as my old one did. Which I guess is both good and bad, as in I'm not bored at work but I also don't get to keep up with the game.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for running the game Fanto! Sorry for shitting it up. Apologies to the townies I got murdered and smack talked.

Literally never feeling sorry for HP in mafia again. Your emotions are now irrelevant to me in game lol

Malus' role is maybe the most broken scum role I've ever seen in a game not labeled bastard. Public, mod verified action? Check. Can give you a BP so you have an excuse to never be NKed? Check. Also a bunch of other abilities and can take a player with you upon death? Check. Yikes.

Scum won 6-2 on players voted out.

i mean town had their chances, they just fluffed them. There was a whole lot of town talk about no one was confirmed by roles but let the two mafia skate on claims.

You obviously had the worst role in the game but town had a bunch of super strong and confirmable roles too.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
All in all I thought the game was very well balanced. I think if Launch lived longer he might have swung it in Towns favor with his items.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

i mean town had their chances, they just fluffed them. There was a whole lot of town talk about no one was confirmed by roles but let the two mafia skate on claims.

You obviously had the worst role in the game but town had a bunch of super strong and confirmable roles too.
Oh come on now, we probably would've flipped everyone alive at the end there except LP before Malus, and even if we had landed on him sooner unless he's the final mafia he could still have cost us the game upon being voted out lol Scum BP granter alone is a wildly good role to be able to claim because it's verifiable AND gives you a reason to keep surviving.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

I don't think saying town had their chances is a fair argument to role balance. At least to me, one is specifically the backend portion of the game and the other is deduction.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
This is a big thing, yeah. Launch would have given out a Vig shot, a Cop shot, and a Lightning Rod, any of which could have had dramatic effects on the game.
Maybe if the backup doctor had been a full backup it would've been different - but in that world I'm sure a shit role gets voted out D1 instead lol

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think saying town had their chances is a fair argument to role balance. At least to me, one is specifically the backend portion of the game and the other is deduction.

Reminder: Town voted out Anex because they said the role was too powerful for town!

And then after flipping town never went back to the fact they blocked HP the night there was no kill.

There were powerful roles on both sides.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder: Town voted out Anex because they said the role was too powerful for town!

And then after flipping town never went back to the fact they blocked HP the night there was no kill.

There were powerful roles on both sides.
We reiterated it multiple times, but we also had two other possible explanations lol