• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NubCakes09

Oct 28, 2017
I played a few games last night on the ps5 and I experienced about 3-5 crashes and some rubber banding/lag but I wouldn't say it was catastrophic. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Zaro

Nov 13, 2017
I've play a lot online last night on Switch, no crash, good ping. Really surprise.

Edit: I've start Conquest mode on battlefront 1, should i play the second? Is it better? I don't think i'll play both.

Sas that Battlefront 2 have not third person view.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I can't find any button to choose third person camera in BF2. How is it?
I've play a lot online last night on Switch, no crash, good ping. Really surprise.

Edit: I've start Conquest mode on battlefront 1, should i play the second? Is it better? I don't think i'll play both.

Sas that Battlefront 2 have not third person view.
The third person view is a toggle in the options, not a button like 1.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
It's a shame to see the launch go so badly. I thought this game would have had the perfect amount of nostalgia to do really well, but I suppose it's all gone horribly wrong.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Haven't tried online yet but played some offline on Switch and had a blast.

Nothing like shooting some clankers in your lunchbreak

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I can't boot up right now. Does anyone remember if you can recruit someone to follow you immediately when you play? I know you can recruit larger team over time but I don't remember if you can recruit a person immediately at the lowest rank in BF2

L11ghtman

Jan 19, 2022
Guess it's more persona, dragons dogma and unicorn overlord then lol. Haha thanks!
Yeah I wouldn't be this pissed if it wasn't for Sony's draconian refund policy (there isn't one). So I'm saddled with this 72GB game. If it was 7GB I'd at least leave it on my SSD for the single player. But it's hilariously massive for a broken port of decades-old games.

Odinsmana

Mar 13, 2019
So reading impressions here and on reddit the game seems to have a ton of issues. How the hell did it score so well in professional reviews? It`s a real bummer. The two games are a ton of fun and desrve a good updated version.

L11ghtman

Jan 19, 2022
So reading impressions here and on reddit the game seems to have a ton of issues. How the hell did it score so well in professional reviews? It`s a real bummer. The two games are a ton of fun and desrve a good updated version.
They did the thing where they rush to press time and don't actually review multiplayer. It's borderline negligence I tell ya.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think the only time Aspry did good was porting civilization vi for the nintendo switch

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've played a bunch of Galactic Conquest on Switch in handheld and have had zero issues to date. Here's hoping it stays that way!

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
How is the Xbox version? My work colleague keeps insisting it works perfectly for him

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
You can customize the controls easily. The default setting is already custom. Just swap one of the buttons for 1st 3rd person view. I chose tactical commands to swap with.
Thanks for telling, I haven't looked deeply into the settings, but I'll do.

That said, I have played a couple instant action matches on BF1 and in one of the matches my army just stood there without engaging the enemy or conquering command posts. I was playing on Kashyyyk docks and my soldiers were just standing against the walls. It was weird but even if I played it a ton back in its time, I can't remember if the same thing happened on the original game or if its something new.

ka13b

Dec 17, 2020
Both of those are patched now. Try and manually update.
Just tried to manually update both systems - neither had an update available. PS5 version is still at 1.002.000 (same as day 1 version) and Switch is still at 1.0.1 (also same as day 1 version). For both, this is the day 1 patch version that pulled unauthorised mod content and pulled Invert-Y controller options.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Their concurrent dropped off a cliff. Man it makes me so mad, they were set up for a freaking homerun and dropped the ball so hard.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Gonna say it, but honestly I wish EA still held the license cause seeing shit like this done to the games is ridiculous, and a disgrace to the franchise and name tbh.

ArcticWolf

Nov 29, 2022
Gonna say it, but honestly I wish EA still held the license cause seeing shit like this done to the games is ridiculous, and a disgrace to the franchise and name tbh.

I gotta imagine EA's with its recent nostalgia release bender on PC is looking at both the excitement and incredible disappointment of this broken Battlefront release. Then look over at the Refractor era Battlefields and go "hey... crazy idea here".

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
I laugh at the memes from announcement talking about how good this was going to be compared to the EA versions.

Oct 25, 2017
EA?...
Jesus

EA is one of the worst things to ever happen to Star Wars video games.
2 good jedi games don't redeem those years of them siting on the license or making bad Battlefront games

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Won't be touching this until they fix it. I was very much looking forward to playing these again.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Still getting crashes every time I try to start the Rhen Var mission. And that's that, I guess.

Requested a refund. Definitely disappointed I can't even finish the campaign.

Darkwing Duck

Banned
Sep 5, 2023
The recent BF 1 and 2 were fine?
What is it with this history rewriting fad?
Agree. From a gameplay perspective, they were on point.

Though I have to admit, the little content in BF1, loot box controversy in BF2, overall progression, and lack of vehicles on the battlefield tainted the EA games.

Last edited:

Sangral