• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why DICE are so terrible at load times. The first Battlefront was pretty shit specially when the Bespin DLC cam out. Battlefield one was absolutely terrible and had the same problem as this where it took about 3 hours to get to the main menu and now this is pretty bad.

I always think it's a bit lazy by the devs because in 3 games it doesn't even seem like they have attempted to sort it out.
I don't know how loading times in games work (what effects them etc). But can Frostbite have something to do with it? I did all three stars in Arcade last night and I think the loading time probably were like 20-30% of my total spent time heh.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Starfighter Assault is real good. Also almost all of the multiplayer category challenges are complete. :o

Can anyone tell me though... when the hell did Yoda ever have a ship? I don't remember that one.

He had one in the last season of clone wars, but it wasn't for fighting and its not the one they used in the game.

MarkMcLovin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are you kidding me with this stuttering?

Its so bad in Galactic Assault even after the patch.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
They fixed the typo in the Defender Heavy trooper challenge (it used to say "Staring Heavy Training" instead of "Starting") which I was already previously convinced is why that challenge was literally broken since it was looking to tie Defender points to the name of a challenge that didn't exist, but didn't have time this morning to check.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't know why, but that crunchy contact sound that it makes when I smash 100s of sentry rounds into someone, it oddly satisfying. Especially when it's a hero.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Update has managed to break the game for me. When I load into games I have reset class progression, but in the main menu its all there... I have to add it again to my loadout but I have nothing in game.

What the fuck.

mojo2

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Update has managed to break the game for me. When I load into games I have reset class progression, but in the main menu its all there... I have to add it again to my loadout but I have nothing in game.

What the fuck.
I get black screen when launching the game. Apparently I'm not the only one. PC. Fuck this shit I wasted my only two gaming hours in days on this.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
And I just got kicked from 2 games. Yeah they've fucked it for me :( progression reset now connectivity issues, I'm so disappointed.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was playing on the patch a 2 and half hours ago and I didn't experience that, no one was. I won't log back in until that's fixed now. If my progress is ever actually reset I'm selling the game.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on Xbox X.

Error code 1,066 now. Still lost all my shit, better be server issue.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
They really screwed this patch up goddamned.
I'm on Pro and got thrown out of the last 3 matches I played. In the main menu all my unlocks are there and my classes at the right level, but upon entering a game it's all gone.
I'm guessing that the DICE office isn't a very jolly place to be right now....

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Did DICE say anything yet about the problems? I never understand how stuff like this can happen.

Was about to play a little but no way i lose all my shit...

Maybe its just a server error that happens sometimes in battlefield.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm in a discord group with a lot of other Battlefront players and it's not even been mentioned.
The official forums are littered with complaints about the patch.
And at first I had no problems after installing the patch, but somehow it started bugging like hell.
I'm not sure, but I think I restarted the game at some point, maybe that triggered it.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
They really screwed this patch up goddamned.
I'm on Pro and got thrown out of the last 3 matches I played. In the main menu all my unlocks are there and my classes at the right level, but upon entering a game it's all gone.
I'm guessing that the DICE office isn't a very jolly place to be right now....
Snap.

Yeah this is not cool.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Starfighter is...amazing. I really hope we get some more maps for it and a way to play it offline eventually. Honestly we need some way to play with vehicles in arcade. Hope they implement some way to do that in the future. Either way Starfighter man....starfighter.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
Starfighter is...amazing. I really hope we get some more maps for it and a way to play it offline eventually. Honestly we need some way to play with vehicles in arcade. Hope they implement some way to do that in the future. Either way Starfighter man....starfighter.
There will be a new map on Dec 13th

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Yep, patch ducked PS4 version. Unlocks not working in actual games. I've been booted from every game I've tried. I don't remember being booted from a match till now.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
I don't know how loading times in games work (what effects them etc). But can Frostbite have something to do with it? I did all three stars in Arcade last night and I think the loading time probably were like 20-30% of my total spent time heh.
Generally there are three phases to loading:
1) File I/O; this is raw throughput of reading data out of storage and into memory. This can be affected by poor data layout contiguity which increases seek times for the read head vs the actual time spent reading data, poor read buffer size choice, etc. It can also be caused by background processes also performing reads or writes during the load which causes the OS scheduling algorithm to try to balance throughput needs.
2) Decompression throughput; this is the time spent on either dedicated hardware unit or the CPU to decompress the data read in via the storage subsystems. On both consoles there is hardware accelerated support for Zlib decompression, but some folks opt for higher ratio software solutions like LZMA, Oodle Kraken, in lieu or in addition. Disk space concerns are huge right now in this generation. Decompression time is usually smaller than I/O, though, so they pipeline well, so it's not aggregate time for (1) + (2).
3) Serialization; this is any operation that the process needs to perform on the data in order for it to be ready for use at runtime/main loop. For most immutable assets like textures this is nothing, but for game objects this can involve unpacking structures that need to be memory ready and fixing up pointers, running load-time subsystems that might do some sort of additional spatial partitioning, priming the pump on AI related state machines and pathing setups, etc. High variability here.
If I had to guess based on my knowledge of DICE's engineering I'd say some sort of just-in-time scene graph/visibility/etc. processing in (3) is what's problematic. But it's just a low percentage guess.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So not only is there the fiasco over the game's monetization scheme resembling a really bad free-to-play mobile game which had to be temporarily suspended in the face of the public pressure against it, but now they're resetting the progress of some players with a patch meant to fix the game up? Holy shit.

A thread title has never been more apt.

Wzrd

Oct 26, 2017
Portland, Oregon
So after getting kicked randomly from a match, I no longer have access to star cards and progress has been reset. So my advice is to not play the game if you want to try and enjoy it currently.

Edit: Restarting the game does nothing to bring progression back FYI. Base ps4.

Last edited:

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh these disconnects are killing me...i can live without cards but losing all progression on disconnect after 25 mins in a match....ffs

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this patch is game breaking. Disconnected/kicked out from the games. Had a 14 player killstreak on Strike... kicked out. Bah

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even report this on the official forums as they've locked it all down.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Just started playing post patch. Kicked out of game in less than 5 minutes.
Started the match with none of my star cards equipped and using the stock gun in officer class.
Literally said I was level 1 officer.
Scared tf out of me so when it kicked me I looked at my class and it looks like all my stuff is still unlocked...

Wtf is going on?