• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So basically I suspect the Palpatine-son-Rey story is this:

- Somewhere around Revenge of the Sith (?) maybe even right after Anakin got Vader-ized, Palpatine wanted to have a child to groom as what Anakin should have been realizing his prime asset (Anakin) came within hairs of being dead entirely.

- But he wanted an underling even stronger than Vader so he had Imperial scientists fuck around with genetic manipulation. Ideally the child would have Force abilities embedded into them. No long training period required.

- A child is born, a boy, but the boy doesn't exhibit Force abilities. Palpatine decides the whole experiment was a failure and instead turns his attention to turning Anakin's son, Luke Skywalker. Palpy disowns the kid as he's of no use to him.

- Palpatine's discarded son lives on Jakku, has a partner, and the child they give birth to is Rey (Palpatine). They never tell her about her true heritage because the Empire has fallen by that time and it's probably not a popular claim to make. She gets abandoned, but something strange happens as she gets into her 20s ... Force abilities begin to arise spontaneously. The "experimentation" worked, it just took a long time to manifest.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
So those "Unknown Regions" is it ever explained what they are? A hole in known space? just super far out? treacherous to navigate? Why? Gas clouds? Asteroids?
Must be REALLY treacherous if a Republic/space faring civilization that has stood for a 1000 generations was not able to make them "known regions".
Hope Abrams does not compress time and space like a madman again and has everybody and their grandmother travel to there in like 5 minutes.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I just read some of the new comments by Paxis on the trailer and reshoots.

And I'm sorry, but Rey killing Palpatine by refelcting some lighting back at him with a light-saber is the most absurd thing I've heard.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
RoS pint glass

515-B8-AAE-425-A-4332-901-C-7-FD128-CCDB62.jpg

Out of all the moments I'm looking forward to, Hux's redemption is my most anticipated. Crowd is going to pop mega hard for that just out of pure shock.

And I'm sorry, but Rey killing Palpatine by refelcting some lighting back at him with a light-saber is the most absurd thing I've heard.

HYPE BABY
jSfCpN7.gif

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
So basically I suspect the Palpatine-son-Rey story is this:

- Somewhere around Revenge of the Sith (?) maybe even right after Anakin got Vader-ized, Palpatine wanted to have a child to groom as what Anakin should have been realizing his prime asset (Anakin) came within hairs of being dead entirely.

- But he wanted an underling even stronger than Vader so he had Imperial scientists fuck around with genetic manipulation. Ideally the child would have Force abilities embedded into them. No long training period required.

- A child is born, a boy, but the boy doesn't exhibit Force abilities. Palpatine decides the whole experiment was a failure and instead turns his attention to turning Anakin's son, Luke Skywalker. Palpy disowns the kid as he's of no use to him.

- Palpatine's discarded son lives on Jakku, has a partner, and the child they give birth to is Rey (Palpatine). They never tell her about her true heritage because the Empire has fallen by that time and it's probably not a popular claim to make. She gets abandoned, but something strange happens as she gets into her 20s ... Force abilities begin to arise spontaneously. The "experimentation" worked, it just took a long time to manifest.
I like this, but I think Jason said that Palpatine had the son assassinated and left Rey on Jakku to harden her.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I mean he has to die (well I guess) and you can't throw him down a shaft/chasm/cave again (lol). Not sure how else you can have her beat him. Slice him in half?

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like this, but I think Jason said that Palpatine had the son assassinated and left Rey on Jakku to harden her.

I guess that could still work ...

- Palpatine discovers he loser bust of a son has given birth to a child. He forsees that she may have Force potential so he has daddy and mommy killed to begin her journey to the Dark Side.

- ROTJ happens and Palpatine is "killed". Rey just continues on living her life thinking her parents will come back (I guess?).

Though it does kinda beg the question why Palpatine wouldn't come back for his grand daughter if he was aware she existed all these years.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I guess that could still work ...

- Palpatine discovers he loser bust of a son has given birth to a child. He forsees that she may have Force potential so he has daddy and mommy killed to begin her journey to the Dark Side.

- ROTJ happens and Palpatine is "killed". Rey just continues on living her life thinking her parents will come back (I guess?).

Though it does kinda beg the question why Palpatine wouldn't come back for his grand daughter if he was aware she existed all these years.
Rey was born eleven years after ROTJ, so that would all happens afterwards.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So those "Unknown Regions" is it ever explained what they are? A hole in known space? just super far out? treacherous to navigate? Why? Gas clouds? Asteroids?
Must be REALLY treacherous if a Republic/space faring civilization that has stood for a 1000 generations was not able to make them "known regions".
Hope Abrams does not compress time and space like a madman again and has everybody and their grandmother travel to there in like 5 minutes.

At the time of the Galactic Civil War, the Unknown Regions was regarded as an unexplored region that was separated from the galaxy by a labyrinth of solar storms, rogue magnetospheres, black holes, gravity wells, and things far stranger. Strange creatures were known to inhabit the void. This maze was considered impassable and many exploration ships and probe droids were lost trying to breach it. By the time of the Battle of Jakku, Imperial computers at the Jakku Observatory had found a safe route through this maze which involved taking multiple short hyperspace jumps through the maze. This journey took several months.[2]

Most of the systems we know in the Unknown Regions are right on the edge of it and known space.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I was thinking that too, wasn't she born after ROTJ? If that's the case then Palpatine couldn't have had her parents killed. Well unless he sent the order while in hiding.
Per Jason Ward, Palpatine tells a Sith loyalist named Ochi to hunt down Rey's parents and he kills them wish the Sith dagger.

Cut his head off. It's the only way to really be sure.
With both Luke and Leia's lightsaber, Dooku style

w3hUyFC.gif

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Have Lucas come back to direct Sheev, I demand full blown ROTS ham. I hope he 1080 corkscrews Ben into the pit.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Per Jason Ward, Palpatine tells a Sith loyalist named Ochi hunt down Rey's parents and he kills them wish a dagger.

OK, right, but wouldn't it make more sense then for Ochi to just take Rey as well back to Palpatine? If not straight away then surely before Han Solo/Luke/Leia get in contact with her. She could have been (probably would have been) killed by Snoke as well.

Seems to be a rather convoluted plan, lol. He put an awful lot of faith on a ton of random happenstance, I would think if he valued Rey as a Force user he probably would've had the parents killed and then had her brought to him immediately.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
OK, right, but wouldn't it make more sense then for Ochi to just take Rey as well back to Palpatine? If not straight away then surely before Han Solo/Luke/Leia get in contact with her. She could have been (probably would have been) killed by Snoke as well.

That seems to be a rather large hole in his plan.
Palpatine doesn't want to have to deal with a baby kid, seems Rey was specifically put on a junk world in the middle of no where with Onkar Plutt specifically to harden her and make her susceptible to Palpatine's later manipulations.

Oct 28, 2017

Seems to be a rather convoluted plan, lol. He put an awful lot of faith on a ton of random happenstance, I would think if he valued Rey as a Force user he probably would've had the parents killed and then had her brought to him immediately.
Ochie never finds Rey

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Palpatine doesn't want to have to deal with a baby kid, seems Rey was specifically put on a junk world in the middle of no where with Onkar Plutt specifically to harden her and make her susceptible to Palpatine's later manipulations.

I mean yeah maybe leave her there a child then, but surely by the time she's entering her teenage years it would make sense to simply just grab her and have her brought to the Emperor.

Suppose Kylo Ren lobbed her head off in TFA or Luke wasn't such a dud that he decided to just full on train her, or Snoke just killed her on sight ... lol, that would've pretty stupid on the Emperor's part to let it get that far.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I mean yeah maybe leave her there a child then, but surely by the time she's entering her teenage years it would make sense to simply just grab her and have her brought to the Emperor.

Suppose Kylo Ren lobbed her head off in TFA or Luke wasn't such a dud that he decided to just full on train her, or Snoke just killed her on sight ... lol, that would've pretty stupid on the Emperor's part to let it get that far.

Maybe he has Alzheimer's and forgot his grand-daughter after he had his son killed.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017

He'll just say he has foreseen their meeting. Despite getting blindsided by Vader he still won't have learned his lesson to not put all your faith into force visions of the future.

Oct 28, 2017
From the update leak:

Kylo spends much of this time antagonizing Rey, some of this conversation revolves around her parents and the truth behind the dagger. It was once used to murder her parents. Many years ago, Ochee was sent to murder Rey's parents who were trying to hide Rey from the galaxy. Ochee succeeded, leaving her parents as nobodies to be forgotten by that galaxy. Where Ochee failed was with Rey. He could not find her so he left her behind on Jakku. This is what Rey remembers, the ship leaving in the wake of her parent's murder, not her parents abandoning her.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean basically at this point I view this trilogy as a bizarro-timeline "what if?" version of highly improbable events.

What if ...

Luke/Leia/Han were basically all major failures post ROTJ. Han and Leia's family is basically entirely broken, their son kills Han and destroys Luke's Jedi academy, they eventually become estranged, Han goes back to being a smuggler.

The Rebellion after ROTJ fails to gain any long term control over the galaxy and the status quo of the galaxy quickly resets to the Rebels 2.0 (Resistance) vs. Empire 2.0 (First Order).

Leia/Han had a son who predictably turns to the Dark Side. Luke has no children.

Luke becomes a hermit that cuts himself off from the Force and abandons all responsibilities of being a Jedi and leaves his sister and friends out to dry.

Palpatine somehow survived the explosion of Death Star II and has been alive and chilling out in the Unknown Regions.

Palpatine having a granddaughter that becomes basically the hero of said new trilogy.

None of ghost Obi-Wan/Yoda/Anakin apparently try to stop any of this from happening or pop in to Luke and let him know "hey y'know the Emperor is still alive, you might want to take this Jedi stuff a bit more seriously and get your shit together". I mean shit, Yoda could've maybe dropped that little nugget while they were watching the Jedi tree burn, lol.

Palpatine knows he has a grand daughter and even knows which planet she's on, but is content to just kill her parents and leave her be for 20+ years or so with no real follow up, even letting her possibly be trained by Luke Skywalker.

Last edited:

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
I have to say the major leaks this year have been more entertaining than the actual products released

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Is she going to tell Ben to take a seat and deny him the rank of boyfriend?

Rey: We're going to fuck, but I do not grant you the rank of boyfriend.

Ben reacts in anger.

Ben: What?! How can you do this? This is outrageous, it's unfair … I'm more powerful than any other man. How can I be fucking you and not be your boyfriend?

Rey: Get on the bed, young Solo.

Ben: Forgive me, Master.

Jun 14, 2019
wait a minute

ben dies from faling down a pit.

palpatine is somehow alive after falling down a pit and said pit being blown up

that just screams plot hole lol

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So Rey really is like the granddaughter of Palpatine and her parents tried to hide her from him because she was strong in the Force and they didn't want Palps to get his hands on her?

"But hey, this trilogy brought the mysteryof the force right by not making something hereditary!!"

Good going JJ, now everyone in this franchise will have to be the son of a God going forward, despite the previous 2 films made it clear that while heriage plays a part, anyone can be born force sensitive.

Rey being a nobody was great, the way she just collects power after power was dumb. But Rian had the right idea.

Now not only is Rey the grandchild of one of the strongest Siths as a sort of excuse for rushed development, now she also gets even more powers. She can heal with the Force!! All she had to do was believe in herself and Palpy's god genes.

Anakin must be feeling pretty dumb right now.

Last edited:

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
wait a minute

ben dies from faling down a pit.

palpatine is somehow alive after falling down a pit and said pit being blown up

that just screams plot hole lol

More like Ben gets an ambiguous fate. If Lucasarts feels the need now, they'll bring Ben Solo back.

Maybe they'll give him his own trilogy or live action show. Or id they can't get Adam Driver onboard, we'll get a Ben Solo animated show like in the style of TCW.

tumblr_pw8igtM0gp1tbt6n0o1_400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.