Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
TLJ is going to get shit by this film more than on youtube. Rose is going to be a glorfied cameo, rey is a PALPATINE.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
Just want to say my piece but I have not been impressed with Star Wars diversity when they all equal to window dressing to me at this point. Finn imo had the potential to be the most interesting character. Imagine a defected Stormtrooper who's strong in the Force. That's how the promotion made it out to be and now look 😭 Just a caricature chasing after a white character. Rey is Rey. I don't really have strong feelings for her or is attached to her. You could replace her with anyone and it wouldn't really affect the overarching story (or the lack of) that much.
Poe is hot but that's really about it. Cassian despite short lived had a much stronger background and motive as a character in one movie than Poe in three. Rose - don't care for her.

Kylo has been my favourite though really because there's not many interesting new characters in the Nu Trilogy. Part of it is my love of Adam Driver but he could've been stronger written throughout and now there's this bullshit, pussing out ending to his arc. His potential as a character as just gone down the toilet. It makes me mad but at the same time, the fandom can fill or fix the blanks as they've always done.

This will probably be my last Star Wars film I'll see in cinema. I had such high hopes before EP7. The endless creative possibilities with this franchise and yet they've made it so small and insular. If they started a new trilogy story a few hundred years into the future, it'd would've been much more freeing and we would've been better for it

Last edited:

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The endless creative possibilities with this franchise and yet they've made it so small and insular.

It's amazing how true this is, especially relative to the prequels. The prequels have issues, but one thing they did so well was creating the feeling of a massive and diverse galaxy with differing planets, civilizations, and alliances.

This trilogy just feels super small in comparison.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
It's amazing how true this is, especially relative to the prequels. The prequels have issues, but one thing they did so well was creating the feeling of a massive and diverse galaxy with differing planets, civilizations, and alliances.

I've come under the belief that Star Wars works better as an assortment of TV shows. Long-form story-telling.

It lets everything breathe more.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I've come under the belief that Star Wars works better as an assortment of TV shows. Long-form story-telling.

That's my view in general on most stories. I would rather see a Netflix style ~8 episode season with multiple seasons rather than a few films. Much more time for sub-plots and characters to develop.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I suspect that might be the case.

The TV shows while having a good sized budget will never have a full blown movie budget either, which means the writers are going to have to focus hard on the story and limit the effects stuff.

I also get the sense Abrams and Johnson were more excited about writing a "thesis statement" on what Star Wars should be as a film franchise rather than just sitting down and saying "OK, what's the story here, what makes sense".

The younger filmmakers put the franchise on such a high pedestal in other words that it gets in the way of just treating like a normal story.

Also TV shows by their episodic nature kinda have to have more pre-planning on where the story is going and all that stuff laid out in advance. You can't really budget a season of TV while not knowing what the heck episode 5, 6, etc. are going to be.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
"But hey, this trilogy brought the mysteryof the force right by not making something hereditary!!"

Good going JJ, now everyone in this franchise will have to be the son of a God going forward, despite the previous 2 films made it clear that while heriage plays a part, anyone can be born force sensitive.

Rey being a nobody was great, the way she just collects power after power was dumb. But Rian had the right idea.

Now not only is Rey the grandchild of one of the strongest Siths as a sort of excuse for rushed development, now she also gets even more powers. She can heal with the Force!! All she had to do was believe in herself and Palpy's god genes.

Anakin must be feeling pretty dumb right now.
Rian had to know that Rey wasn't actually a nobody, and he could have made Finn, Rose, or Poe the Force sensitive nobodies.

She's 19. 20 in TROS.

Ben is 30. 31 in TROS.
It's so weird how young she is

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

It's hilarious that in 2019 every new planet in Star Wars looks exactly like earth, while the prequels gave us shit like Utapau, Umbara or Felucia

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
I read the spoilers. fuck it I don't even care anymore. this whole trilogy is dumb and makes a mockery of the previous movies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I suspect the plan really was that she would be a Skywalker or Solo some how, but that go tossed out. Either that or JJ really didn't know.

My guess is he had no idea and figured Johnson would do what JJ himself always does and pull some stupid twist out of his ass. When Johnson didn't do that, JJ was like "WELL FUCK THAT" and decided to do it himself.

Desparadina

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did not know this

reylos been calling a 30 year old man a "poor broken boy" .___.

the gag of it all is them refusing to have him take responsibility of his actions and framing Han and Leia as either the worst parents in the world or acting like Snoke mind controlled him the whole time and for some ungodly reason Rey the 19 year old has to save this 30 year old man from his own tantrums

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Johnson has said that he sat down with JJ and talked about TLJ's story in the context of how it would fit in the overall trilogy. I can't imagine what those conversations were like with how the movie ended up and TROS going out of it's way to backtrack on one of its major climaxes.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why do people keep giving this hack important jobs. how many times is he going to do that and get away with it.

Until he starts bombing spectacularly, he'll keep getting jobs.

Johnson has said that he sat down with JJ and talked about TLJ's story in the context of how it would fit in the overall trilogy. I can't imagine what those conversations were like with how the movie ended up and TROS going out of it's way to backtrack on one of its major climaxes.

People still believe that standard PR?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
the gag of it all is them refusing to have him take responsibility of his actions and framing Han and Leia as either the worst parents in the world or acting like Snoke mind controlled him the whole time and for some ungodly reason Rey the 19 year old has to save this 30 year old man from his own tantrums

Anakin Skywalker is a mensch compared to his grandson.

(I still like Ben Solo as a character though)

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I guess JJ also forgot that he told us the other Knights of Ren were also Luke's students, considering how little the leak says about them, it seems like they're there just to job.

You'd think the EVIL STUDENTS OF LUKE SKYWALKER would be some cool villains, but they're the General Grievous of this movie, maybe even less that, do they even get names?

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Anakin Skywalker is a mensch compared to his grandson.
I'm not sure either of them are well written but at least Anakin is written. Sure he randomly drops "MY NEW EMPIRE" outta nowhere lmao but at least we actually know what he wants. Wtf does Kylo want. To rule the galaxy? And why...? Why does your mentor trying to kill you suddenly make you want to destroy the government...

Whats the trope for that one called? Some young virginal pure girl being the only one who can forgive/redeem/fix some fucked up monster. Its like.... ew. Shippers man. Mad ting.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

To be honest I don't know if he could expect much. According to Daisy Ridley, Johnson basically threw out all of Abrams' outlines for VIII. So I think JJ is just somewhat returning the favor. Or more or less they simply want to tell a story as they see fit and there's not that much consideration for continuity per se.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Until he starts bombing spectacularly, he'll keep getting jobs.

People still believe that standard PR?
Like the whole thing about them planning Sheev from the start, it doesn't really matter. They're either lieing and its plain to see because of the end result of the films or they're telling the truth and incompetent, both suck.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I guess JJ also forgot that he told us the other Knights of Ren were also Luke's students, considering how little the leak says about them, it seems like they're there just to job.

You'd think the EVIL STUDENTS OF LUKE SKYWALKER would be some cool villains, but they're the General Grievous of this movie, maybe even less that, do they even get names?

The Knights of Ren aren't Luke's students.

The new Kylo Ren comic is saying that the half of Luke's students that vanished with Ben didn't do it to join him.

That half actually chased after Ben Solo after he "murdered their" master to bring him to justice. Whether Ben killed them with the help of the KoR or not remains to be seen.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
rian badly needed to be the one to finish this trilogy

It really needed a Cameron or Nolan. Abrams and Johnson are alright but I don't think anyone would consider them top tier filmmakers based on their overall resume.

Abrams is like a Michael Bay-Steven Spielberg hybrid but not really quite as good as either at their strengths.

Rian Johnson is a promising filmmaker but it's not like his previous work was that incredible. Looper is kind of a solid 7/10 film.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The Knights of Ren aren't Luke's students.

The new Kylo Ren comic is saying that the half of Luke's students that vanished with Ben didn't do it to join him.

That half actually chased after Ben Solo after he "murdered their" master to bring him to justice. Whether Ben killed them with the help of the KoR or not remains to be seen.

That is a very convenient way to do some damage control. Especially after this scene:

The implication is clear, Kylo had some of his classmates at his side

But hey comics filling in JJ's sloppy writing has been the foundation of this trilogy

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
Just want to say my piece but I have not been impressed with Star Wars diversity when they all equal to window dressing to me at this point. Finn imo had the potential to be the most interesting character. Imagine a defected Stormtrooper who's strong in the Force. That's how the promotion made it out to be and now look 😭 Just a caricature chasing after a white character. Rey is Rey. I don't really have strong feelings for her or is attached to her. You could replace her with anyone and it wouldn't really affect the overarching story (or the lack of) that much.
Poe is hot but that's really about it. Cassian despite short lived had a much stronger background and motive as a character in one movie than Poe in three. Rose - don't care for her.

Kylo has been my favourite though really because there's not many interesting new characters in the Nu Trilogy. Part of it is my love of Adam Driver but he could've been stronger written throughout and now there's this bullshit, pussing out ending to his arc. His potential as a character as just gone down the toilet. It makes me mad but at the same time, the fandom can fill or fix the blanks as they've always done.

This will probably be my last Star Wars film I'll see in cinema. I had such high hopes before EP7. The endless creative possibilities with this franchise and yet they've made it so small and insular. If they started a new trilogy story a few hundred years into the future, it'd would've been much more freeing and we would've been better for it
Finns degradation to comedic relief grinds my gear so much. There was so much potential, a completely new story they could have told. instead we get the funny black guy. character development is so weak in these new movies. trying anything new in this movie is so weak. and when they try we get edgy mcedge stuff like TLJ.

the only movie that captures what I wanted from the new trilogy is Rogue One. a hint of nostalgia, old gritty looks made with new technology, a tight gripping story on a grand scale without too much rehash. instead they went with STAR WARS: NOW BIGGER AND BADDER with death planets making mockery of the iconic Death Star which looks like a satellite station now, a lazy Palpatine sucessor that no one knows where he came from, what his purpose was and he already got killed off, the Empire basically making a comeback and now possibly Nu-Palpatine making the whole OT useless.

I'm veering off, I could go on for ages. the new trilogy makes me so angry I feel like crying.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Next to nothing happens in TLJ so it didn't step on JJ's Rey Palpatine plan

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That is a very convenient way to do some damage control. Especially after this scene:

The implication is clear, Kylo had some of his classmates at his side

But hey comics filling in JJ's sloppy writing has been the foundation of this trilogy

Even though I'm not crazy where they took the character, Hamil's acting here is some of the best of his career and better than every performance in the prequels combined.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
Even though I'm not crazy where they took the character, Hamil's acting here is some of the best of his career and better than every performance in the prequels combined.
Palp_trustme.jpg

Hamill is great in TLJ though.

Status
Not open for further replies.