• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2018
Really excited for this one now. Just need to finish Outer Worlds before picking this one up.

The comments in that Reddit thread seem very very positive.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
WTF????? There is absolutely no hype for this game on these forums...
I have this odd feeling that this game may end up being a hit with a cult following. Just shocked there is not more excitement around here.

I am beyond fucking hyped at this point. But, it looked not great at first. I kept the faith because of it being Respawn, and the newer trailers have looked much better. But, still, it is hard to overcome a first impression, and they did not come out the gate strong.

But, yeah, can't fucking wait. I am off next Friday also. So, outside of my guitar lesson which takes about an hour with driving, I'll be being a Jedi all fucking day.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My car's driver side window is completely down and won't come back up and the greatest boss ever might be leaving soon. I need this game to keep me sane!!!!!!

Try holding the up button on your window, while at the same time opening and slamming closed your door. If you're lucky, when you slam it closed it will jiggle shit around enough to get it to go back up. Just give it a good fucking slam while holding the button up.

If it works, stop rolling it down, 'cause eventually it will die for good.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Try holding the up button on your window, while at the same time opening and slamming closed your door. If you're lucky, when you slam it closed it will jiggle shit around enough to get it to go back up. Just give it a good fucking slam while holding the button up.

If it works, stop rolling it down, 'cause eventually it will die for good.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I just taped a garbage bag over the window opening. I don't want to break that to try your method.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have this odd feeling that this game may end up being a hit with a cult following. Just shocked there is not more excitement around here.

I follow gaming releases pretty closely and had no idea it was releasing next week - until I picked up
Death Stranding and the salesman asked if I wanted to pre-order this for release next week.

photogazuk

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I have no interest in the movie either. How can Marvel get things so right (unless you're Martin Scorsese) and Star was go so worng?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I have no interest in the movie either. How can Marvel get things so right (unless you're Martin Scorsese) and Star was go so worng?
We have:

In 2019:

JFO
The Mandalorian
TROS

in 2020:
TCW final season
Mando season 2

2021:
Obi Wan tv series
Cassian Andor series

2022/ 2024/2026
New movie

+ more d+ series in development

++ 3/4 of the released movies were critically acclaimed and financial hits.

Yes. Where did it go wrong?

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, those record breaking ticket presales don't mean anything.

Neckbeards who hate change, nuance, good filmmaking and women aren't hyped. Thankfully they're a vocal minority.
Nice insult there friend. Good way to represent resetera I would say. Someone disagree with me so I must name call.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Without getting to far off topic all the star wars hate is old hat. This same junk that people talk about 7/8/and soon to be 9 is the crap they said about 1/2/3. 9 is gonna come out, make just, ALL the money. Some will love it, some will hate it. Just like Basically every other star wars movie not named a new hope.

That said. No news on review embargo. There is someone on reddit who has been giving impressions of the full game. He has some proof that he got it early. It could be fake but it seems pretty legit. He did a decently long write up of his impressions.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
No, those record breaking ticket presales don't mean anything.

Neckbeards who hate change, nuance, good filmmaking and women aren't hyped. Thankfully they're a vocal minority.
Maybe try learning to deal with criticisms of a movie instead of stooping to this nonsense.

Oct 25, 2017
Without getting to far off topic all the star wars hate is old hat. This same junk that people talk about 7/8/and soon to be 9 is the crap they said about 1/2/3. 9 is gonna come out, make just, ALL the money. Some will love it, some will hate it. Just like Basically every other star wars movie not named a new hope.

That said. No news on review embargo. There is someone on reddit who has been giving impressions of the full game. He has some proof that he got it early. It could be fake but it seems pretty legit. He did a decently long write up of his impressions.

Yeah I saw that. Says he's playing on the OG Xbox One, but that the graphics look good. Seems like a good sign.

I'm interested in figuring out which version to get. After COD:MW, I don't want to just assume that the game will run better on the X1X than the Pro.

Dec 6, 2017
US
So I'm here because YouTube just decided to auto-play an apparently recent IGN gameplay video of this and...I'm really intrigued. Let me say I'm not a Star Wars guy but purely from a gameplay perspective, that combat actually looks really cool and the aesthetics are very nice.

I had literally never even looked at this game before so for those that have been interested/hyped here, what's the best way to describe the overall approach? I mean from what everyone knows thus far, what's the level design approach, is it cutscene heavy and so on?

Super curious after that minute or two I watched of the combat footage...it looks like fun.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I'm here because YouTube just decided to auto-play an apparently recent IGN gameplay video of this and...I'm really intrigued. Let me say I'm not a Star Wars guy but purely from a gameplay perspective, that combat actually looks really cool and the aesthetics are very nice.

I had literally never even looked at this game before so for those that have been interested/hyped here, what's the best way to describe the overall approach? I mean from what everyone knows thus far, what's the level design approach, is it cutscene heavy and so on?

Super curious after that minute or two I watched of the combat footage...it looks like fun.

is a dark souls like metroidvania uncharted

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Still, the hype for this is nowhere but this thread. Not typical of this forum with a potential big release. Maybe as we get closer to next Friday things will change.
Platform warriors have their attention fixed on Death Stranding and Pokemon (which is releasing the same day), and everyone else hates EA or wrote off what was shown at E3 as boring despite it seeming to have been very unrepresentative of what the final game is actually going to be like. There are however a small few of us here who are itching for one more good Soulslike before the end of the year, I personally can't wait for next Friday. I'm probably more hyped for this game than I am the movie tbh

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You should never, ever, ever use this or any other enthusiast forum to gauge a game's potential mass market performance. This is the forum where Ubisoft games get almost zero hype and look at their sales. Battle Royales and mobile games are also largely ignored despite generating most of the industries revenue. Fallen Order is also not an exclusive and it's an EA game...

On top of that it's Star Wars lol... This will sell 10 million copes easily if it reviews well (80+ Metacritic).

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It 100% is darksouls, metroidvania, tomb raider with a hint of uncharted thrown in for good measure. All wrapped up in a nice little star wars skin.
sJrbI2SF.jpg

Dec 6, 2017
US
It 100% is darksouls, metroidvania, tomb raider with a hint of uncharted thrown in for good measure. All wrapped up in a nice little star wars skin.

From what's been shown/said, how heavy on the cutscene, slow-walk style is this supposed to be? When I read Dark Souls and Metroidvania I immediately fantasize about isolated exploration and get carried away.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
From what's been shown/said, how heavy on the cutscene, slow-walk style is this supposed to be? When I read Dark Souls and Metroidvania I immediately fantasize about isolated exploration and get carried away.

There is a lot of exploration. The map is helpful showing where you can go, haven't been, if you have a force power needed to go to an area. Tons of off the beaten path stuff that adds force points and customization to your saber /Cal

Dec 6, 2017
US
There is a lot of exploration. The map is helpful showing where you can go, haven't been, if you have a force power needed to go to an area. Tons of off the beaten path stuff that adds force points and customization to your saber /Cal

Sounds awesome and hot damn, this is out on the 15th already! What a nice surprise this was gaming-wise today...might pick this up Day 1 if reviews hold up. Sounds great on paper and the aesthetics are gorgeous despite me not really knowing shit about Star Wars.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

People keep saying "Dark Souls", but it's more like Sekiro light, and that's at the highest difficulty. Some also keep hyping up the "Metroid" aspect as though it's going to be anywhere near as complex as an actual Metroid game, or that this hasn't already been done a decade ago. The previews were mixed in regards to the level design and exploration/backtracking. No one really said that it was outright bad, but it's not supposed to be that great either. I would greatly temper my expectations with these descriptions.

It should at least be a decent action game.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds awesome and hot damn, this is out on the 15th already! What a nice surprise this was gaming-wise today...might pick this up Day 1 if reviews hold up. Sounds great on paper and the aesthetics are gorgeous despite me not really knowing shit about Star Wars.

There is a reddit thread in this topic where someone got it early did a big write up. If you haven't seen it it's worth a check. Talks about the game without spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.