• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Announced during today's Sony showcase. Developed by Aspyr. Coming to PS5 and PC. "PS5 console launch exclusive."
  • Developed by Aspyr (the studio behind many recent re-releases of LucasArts-era games, including the re-releases of the original KOTOR games)
  • Coming to PC and PS5
  • "it's a console exclusive on PlayStation 5 at launch" - from PS Blog
  • "Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is a creative collaborator in the project, working closely on development with Aspyr and Lucasfilm Games, particularly on how to take full advantage of its newest, cutting-edge platform." - from StarWars.com
  • The game may still be part of Legends rather than the current Disney-era canon, but it's unclear. The StarWars.com article refers to the original game as being part of Legends, but doesn't say if the remake will be as well
  • "Though he won't give specifics, Treadwell says development on KOTOR – Remake has been active "for a little while," and in close collaboration with Lucasfilm Games." - from StarWars.com
  • "We've been working really, really closely with Aspyr for a long time now to deconstruct what made KOTOR so great and bring that back to new audiences, because we want this game to be an incredible RPG," says Kellogg. "We want this game to be just as beloved as it was before. Some of my favorite meetings to have in my week right now are to get into the nitty gritty with Aspyr and talk about, 'Why did we make that choice in the original game and how does that play today? How do we expand that choice and make it even more meaningful and impactful?' We think about, literally, every word of dialogue and [other choices] down to the clothes that the character is wearing." - from StarWars.com
  • At least some of the original voice actors are returning, including Jennifer Hale (whose voice is in the reveal trailer)
www.starwars.com

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Strikes Back with New Remake

Lucasfilm Games’ Orion Kellogg and Aspyr’s Ryan Treadwell speak exclusively with StarWars.com about remaking a video game classic.

blog.playstation.com

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic – Remake is the legendary tale remade on PlayStation 5

Aspyr Media, Lucasfilm Games, and SIE are remaking the classic RPG from the ground up for the modern age.

Last edited:

Paragon

May 5, 2018
KOTOR Remake exclusive to Playstation is pretty wacky considering the original games never made it to Playstation.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think its exclusive PS is publishing similar to how they publish Minecraft.......I hope.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
It's published by Sony so the belief would be it's exclusive but who knows these days...

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
This is absolutely ridiculous. Wonder if all the people who complained about Xbox making traditionally third party franchises exclusive will raise hell on this.

If exclusives have moral standards, then KotOR should not be unavailable on Xbox. It ignores the legacy that game franchise has with Xbox

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
Aspyr is a small team specialized in making ports, don't expect an ambitious remake project.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
Interested but no timeline or even any info. Cautiously optimistic.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If I have to buy a ps5 for this, I will. I would be shocked if this was truly exclusive though.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
PS5 exclusive kinda sucks. Wish they would've shown gameplay. Not sure about Asypr as the developer. Hopefully they look at FF7R's battle system For inspiration.

Kinda puts to rest the belief that Indiana Jones surely wouldn't be exclusive.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
disney and sony continuing to have a close partnership on marvel and star wars stuff, hmm.

Anyhow, definitely excited for this to be re-canonized and hoping it's as fun and gorgeous and well-produced as it deserves to be.

Reeeeally looking forward to a great Kreia performance in the sequel if this pans out.

Maybe_its_Cthulhu

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Super happy this is a thing, but I'm hoping it will be for PC as well.
I want to mod the hell out of it.

If it doesn't come out the PC I'll be upset but I would still buy it for PS5. I love KOTOR1 a bit too much.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Day one.

Surprised such a big game is exclusive though, must have cost a fortune.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Probably at least console exclusive since sony are publishing it even if they don't own the IP.

Edit: the post above me clarifies that i see.