• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are Adam and Keri in something else? What was that shoot for?
I believe it's for a play they're doing together.

Ok, one more lol

D1ELAjaX4AAJpT7.jpg

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys excited for Episode IX so that some YouTuber can make a 5 part, 9 hour critique of the film that ignores all themes, character arcs, and narrative context to nitpick every minute of the film?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Are you guys excited for Episode IX so that some YouTuber can make a 5 part, 9 hour critique of the film that ignores all themes, character arcs, and narrative context to nitpick every minute of the film?
I'm looking forward to the 20 minute video about

How RJ Lied To and Betrayed Us With the Title of The Last Jedi

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember shortly after TFA came out, some dude made a more than five-hour compilation of all the bad reviews he could of the movie just so he could prove a point.

Rey's mom is banging Rey's boytherfriend!?!? 🤯
Or maybe she's Rey from the future.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I'm honestly excited to see IX reactions. People confused between "at least it's better than TLJ" or "JJ can't make anything original!"

It's gonna be a shitshow.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Maybe IX will bring all of the Star Wars fandom together and we'll all be singing kumbaya together and we'll all live happily ever after.

Right guys? Guys...

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly excited to see IX reactions. People confused between "at least it's better than TLJ" or "JJ can't make anything original!"

It's gonna be a shitshow.

I can't wait for all the shitshow ERA threads. I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

Maybe IX will bring all of the Star Wars fandom together and we'll all be singing kumbaya together and we'll all live happily ever after.

Right guys? Guys...

giphy.gif

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Bob Iger is gonna fire Kathleen Kennedy and Kevin Feige because they destroyed Star Wars and Marvel. 😭

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Let me update you on how the TLJ got review bombed thread is going:
I'm only suspicious of their timing. Why wait until Captain Marvel to admit The Last Jedi was review bombed? Are they trying to get people to dismiss fan criticism of the film, whether it be valid or not? Is Mickey twisting their arms?

I doubt Captain Marvel is a bad movie. I expect it to be quite good. Yet, when dealing with a powerful company such as Disney, I must always assume the worst.

Last edited:

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if we got a Star Wars point-and-click adventure game with this art style back in the late 90s

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So guys, sorry for the offtopic, but I have a big doubt about if "THE LAST JEDI" was plural or singular, and I think it was never confirmed, in words of Ryan Johnson (...) "Look, in my mind, it's singular. In my mind, it is. Absolutely, yeah," (...) https://www.radiotimes.com/news/201...-the-big-question-about-that-confusing-title/.

Can someone explain this to me?.

Thank you all

It ultimately doesn't matter because it's both, sort of. The title refers specifically to Luke, but also to the line he says at the end of the movie ("I will not be the last Jedi"), meaning Rey and others who come after her.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rian says it's singular but the official translations of the title in other languages are all plural

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So guys, sorry for the offtopic, but I have a big doubt about if "THE LAST JEDI" was plural or singular, and I think it was never confirmed, in words of Ryan Johnson (...) "Look, in my mind, it's singular. In my mind, it is. Absolutely, yeah," (...) https://www.radiotimes.com/news/201...-the-big-question-about-that-confusing-title/.

Can someone explain this to me?.

Thank you all
They confirmed at some point before the movie released that its singular. European translations are plural, but thats a mistake, like back then with return of the jedi, which was return of the jedi knights (plural!) in germany.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They confirmed at some point before the movie released that its singular. European translations are plural, but thats a mistake, like back then with return of the jedi, which was return of the jedi knights (plural!) in germany.

Every translation of TLJ is plural not just the European ones. I refuse to believe Lucasfilm somehow fucked up their own translation work.

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018

Yes, this is exactly why I made the question. I'm from Argentina, in my countrie the translation was "Star Wars: Los Ultimos Jedi". I don't know why there isn't an official statement about this.. I think it's is an important thing. I mean where talking about Luke? Rey is not a Jedi then?.

ROTJ was translated here as "El retorno del jedi" (singular).

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, this is exactly why I made the question. I'm from Argentina, in my countrie the translation was "Star Wars: Los Ultimos Jedi". I don't know why there isn't an official statement about this.. I think it's is an important thing. I mean where talking about Luke? Rey is not a Jedi then?
Singular: It's about Luke and then Rey when he dies.
Plural: It's about the idea that Luke and Rey were both the last Jedi.

I think it ultimately doesn't matter since we know it was originally intended to be singular but marketing decided to make it plural in other countries for whatever reason that has nothing to do with the original intent.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually what Luke meant is there will be no last Jedi. Rey will not be The Last Jedi. She will be the first one of a new order.

The Last Jedi is neither singular nor plural. It's actually no one.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
TLJ is so brilliant, the title by itself gets you thinking.

Rian you brilliant bastard.
My deepest fear is that when JJ bestows upon us the title it will just be okay like The Force Awakens and not totally badass like The Last Jedi. I was so hyped when The Last Jedi was revealed with that red logo, it felt so ominous.

This keeps me up at night...I haven't slept in over 3 weeks.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
My deepest fear is that when JJ bestows upon us the title it will just be okay like The Force Awakens and not totally badass like The Last Jedi. I was so hyped when The Last Jedi was revealed with that red logo, it felt so ominous.

This keeps me up at night...I haven't slept in over 3 weeks.
Lmao it'll be alright my guy. Thing about JJ is that whatever he does it usually "works". I bet the title will be good/serviceable, like the film. Which I'm okay with.

Status
Not open for further replies.