Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
zkkxuUE.jpg

Leaked image of Rey joining Kylo.
The Princess that was promised

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Cassian Andor project has been code named "White Snake". First cut of TROS has also been screened at Bad Robot.

Some more interesting deets:

At the moment, it appears like Cassian will film at the Dagenham Studios and once the facility is entirely ready, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss' Star Wars saga will be the first Disney era Star Warsfilm to be made outside of Pinewood, according to people working in around there.

The Star Warshiatus we are currently having after The Rise of Skywalker is to let the studio construction finish up and to allow the Weiss and Benioff to create the best possible saga without an unreasonable time crunch. If all of this is accurate and at this time we believe that to be the plan, it seems like the responsible and smart way to handle the next saga.

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/04/...to-have-new-home-outside-of-pinewood-studios/

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of 'saga' there. So I guess that confirms that it won't be standalone movies but rather one whole story.

I wonder if this was always the plan or with thr hiatus things changed and RJ's trilogy was pushed back a bit since his was announced first.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I do know that RJ takes a long ass time to write a script.

So he might have given them a timeframe when he could deliver a overarching narrative for his trilogy.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
So Johnson gets Pinewood and D&D get Dagenham? Makes sense since Johnson has already worked at Pinewood.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm down for whatever after IX honestly. Glad they're taking their time with it as well. Exciting to think that these next films could be very different as well. With the main saga, it's always had a certain tone to it, even RO and Solo had a similar Flash Gordon esque tone to it. Would be interesting if there was a departure from that sorta feel with RJ's and D&D's films.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am just excited for more Star Wars.

I just plain love Star Wars. And no amount of bitter fanboys will change that excitement I feel for new films.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Arya is a Mary Sue? I thought the whole argument was based around female characters that didn't "earn" their skill? Arya spends like most of the whole series training. Soooo...?

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I forget the Cassian Andor prequel is a thing. I loved Rogue One but I feel like this will meet a similar fate as Solo because, even if it's decent, no one asked for a Cassian origin story.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Solo had Lando too, played by Donald Glover even, but it wasn't enough to carry the film.

But this Cassian prequel is a TV series at least, so it might be better received than a theatrical film.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The showrunner of The Americans is doing Cassian Andor, and Americans is one of the best spy shows ever. I have complete faith.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I've mentioned this before, but I firmly believe that for a majority of people Star Wars = Lightsabers. I'm very wary of going all in on a Star Wars future that doesn't include at least some lightsabers. Maybe that's my own bias, but this idea that expanding the universe without some sort of Force elements is a winning one is an idea I'm not convince of yet.

If no lightsabers, give me lots of space battles at least.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I've mentioned this before, but I firmly believe that for a majority of people Star Wars = Lightsabers. I'm very wary of going all in on a Star Wars future that doesn't include at least some lightsabers. Maybe that's my own bias, but this idea that expanding the universe without some sort of Force elements is a winning one is an idea I'm not convince of yet.

If no lightsabers, give me lots of space battles at least.
I do wonder what Star Wars looks like ten years from now or how popular it is. Kids now-a-days are all about the MCU and Star Wars is way more popular with adults than it is with children.

One of the really amazing things about the MCU is that it allows them to not just do different genres for each film, but they can be completely different from each other in terms of what's on screen. You can have something like Winter Soldier that's somewhat grounded and then have a raccoon and talking tree out in space and then have a movie about alternate realities and literal wizards and then have a movie about god vikings. It's like World of Warcraft where literally everything is smashed together.

Star Wars can't really go that insane because then it doesn't "feel" like Star Wars.

It'll be a challenge for LucasFilm to figure out how to implement new stories that can make Star Wars feel 100% fresh but also feel like Star Wars.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
One of these days MMarston will trip and a MAGA hat will fall out of his pocket and then the truth will be revealed.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Andor was fine, I liked him but it's not like I thought he was a great character, but I think that can be said for most of Rogue One's cast. They were fine.

It's honestly a weird choice for him to be the second lead for their Disney+ shows. Like, if it had been a rumor before it got revealed, I would've thought for sure it was bullshit.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I do wonder what Star Wars looks like ten years from now or how popular it is. Kids now-a-days are all about the MCU and Star Wars is way more popular with adults than it is with children.

One of the really amazing things about the MCU is that it allows them to not just do different genres for each film, but they can be completely different from each other in terms of what's on screen. You can have something like Winter Soldier that's somewhat grounded and then have a raccoon and talking tree out in space and then have a movie about alternate realities and literal wizards and then have a movie about god vikings. It's like World of Warcraft where literally everything is smashed together.

Star Wars can't really go that insane because then it doesn't "feel" like Star Wars.

It'll be a challenge for LucasFilm to figure out how to implement new stories that can make Star Wars feel 100% fresh but also feel like Star Wars.
I think there's something to be said about the diversity of power fantasy now. For (male) children, mythological power fantasy is an important vector for popularity. In the 70's, SW really resonated because there weren't that quality of mythological power fantasies on big screen. But now we live in the golden age. Kids can pick the hero of their choice. The same goes for teens and adults.

Jedis are a form of superhero, and kind of the only superhero that exists in the SW universe. Focusing on soldiers and spies is cool, but the SW future needs superheroes to compete on a mass scale, imo.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Andor was fine, I liked him but it's not like I thought he was a great character, but I think that can be said for most of Rogue One's cast. They were fine.

It's honestly a weird choice for him to be the second lead for their Disney+ shows. Like, if it had been a rumor before it got revealed, I would've thought for sure it was bullshit.
Baze & Chirrut show, please! They were the most interesting Rogue One members, hands down.

Baze-and-Chirrut-1-05022017.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.