• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Why can't they just release EP9 first trailer? How much longer do we have to wait? Start the damn marketing.

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Everything with Game of Thrones is a bit of a bummer this year. GoT coming back always felt like Christmas because 1. it's my favorite show and 2. I love the Gaf threads for it. I'd be in there 24/7 talking about it nonstop, for a full ten weeks I did nothing but think about GoT. I'd completely engross myself in it, like I do when a new Star Wars film comes out.

This year, though, I pretty much stopped posting or checking the GoT thread post episode 3. I don't fault anyone for disliking it, I think it has same issues as well (mainly due to the fact that they're wrapping things up too quickly) but it does bum me out that half of the fun of GoT coming back isn't really fun anymore.

This is one of the reasons I always liked that there was a TV show thread and a book thread, the book thread was nothing but bitching about how awful the show was while the tv show thread had a lot of just general theory discussion and whatnot. Even if there were two threads, though, I don't think it would be like it once was, it'd still be nonstop shitting on the show. Like I said, though, I don't blame anyone for not liking but I also can't really enjoy talking about the show when 95% of the discussion is talking about how much they hate it.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's hard for me to imagine someone watching a show like GoT, despite its glaring flaws, and not being excited or finding enjoyment. I'm just as satisfied with being a fan as I was in S1, despite the rush/drop in some areas of the writing.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard for me to imagine someone watching a show like GoT, despite its glaring flaws, and not being excited or finding enjoyment. I'm just as satisfied with being a fan as I was in S1, despite the rush/drop in some areas of the writing.

This is how I felt right up until season 8.

Oct 28, 2017
England
This is how I felt right up until season 8.

Same. I started watching the show just as Season 3 started airing, and have excitedly waited for every new season and every new episode. But these last few weeks have felt more like an obligation to finish a series I've previously enjoyed so much, rather than actual enjoyment of the show in it's current state.

Whilst they weren't perfect, I really wish it could return to the quality of seasons five and six. There were some weak story-lines, but I still loved that show.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have been disappointed by GoT this season as a fan since season 1 but everyone who has been acting like this is some sort of personal assault on them or are upset to the point of anger and proclaiming boycotts are no better than those having TLJ meltdowns.

It's just a TV show.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Why can't they just release EP9 first trailer? How much longer we have to wait? Start the damn marketing.
I think they'll take it slow until mid summer and then start blasting out marketing to such a degree that Star Wars IX appears no less important than the arrival of space Jesus.

I sense apocalyptic levels of manufactured hype, they've certainly had practice and perhaps learned their mistakes from Solo.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't they just release EP9 first trailer? How much longer do we have to wait? Start the damn marketing.
We just got the teaser last month.

It will likely follow the same marketing path as TLJ.

Teaser in April
Behind the Scenes video in summer
Full trailer in October.

So next RoS trailer will be in the fall likely.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
tumblr_inline_peo9ss1adz1ueftr3_1280.gif

I don't want to hear anymore about "Emilia Clarke can't act".

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
The next 3 years are going to be rough!!!

I'm still so bummed that seemingly all because of releasing SOLO too close to 8 they dramatically over corrected the schedule. I know we'll have other Star Wars media to look forward to in the film break but there's nothing like the big feature film Star Wars hype. Sigh...

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck D&D, please fire them KK. Bring good writer or let RJ makes his own trilogy first. Please!
There is nothing to be angry about. It's only a tv show. If their Star Wars script is good then that's all that matters. There is no reason to not trust KK, if their script isn't good she won't put it into production. If it is it will get made.

Last edited:

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
just occured to me that they still haven't dropped The Mandalorian trailer they showed off at Celebration yet.
Favreau said that the footage that they showed at Celebration was pretty early in terms of sfx.

I would not expect anything till d23 tbh because MSW mentioned that comic con would be focused on IX.

Edit; i think they should have shown the behind the scenes sizzle reel tho.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Everything with Game of Thrones is a bit of a bummer this year. GoT coming back always felt like Christmas because 1. it's my favorite show and 2. I love the Gaf threads for it. I'd be in there 24/7 talking about it nonstop, for a full ten weeks I did nothing but think about GoT. I'd completely engross myself in it, like I do when a new Star Wars film comes out.

This year, though, I pretty much stopped posting or checking the GoT thread post episode 3. I don't fault anyone for disliking it, I think it has same issues as well (mainly due to the fact that they're wrapping things up too quickly) but it does bum me out that half of the fun of GoT coming back isn't really fun anymore.

GoT threads, here and on GAF, have always been terrible. I'd only occasionally pop in and then pretty quickly pop out because the conversation was always primarily driven by how much so many people were hating the show, for XYZ reasons. And this is going back years, not just for S8. It's just tiring to be around.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
In terms of real-life interactions, I've actually found GoT fans/watchers to be the most reasonable and level-headed about their show. Mind you, I don't watch it but I still broach the topic with them just as a conversation starter.

Star Wars and/or Marvel always gets a more severe reaction.

Oct 28, 2017
So, what did you guys think of Game of Thrones' very own Darth Vader 'Join Me' moment? I thought it was pretty effective actually. Much more so than what they attempted in The Last Jedi.

"We break the wheel ... together."

Status
Not open for further replies.