• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It will do numbers. I would have done big numbers before. But this showing was a crossroad for sure. Decent showing and still hype. Or great showing and insane hype. It releases also pretty soon. Its gonna do crazy numbers.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Most wishlisted game on Steam since Feb too. Enormous numbers incoming. Expecting it to trounce Fallout 4 (470k) at the bare minimum. Wonder what its peak would look like if we could chuck Game Pass PC numbers on top of that.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
It's up for preorder? I could only put it on my wishlist earlier today.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
20% off on Green Man Gaming, BTW. Not sure if any other legit stores have it cheaper.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I bought it on Steam. I mean the mod support alone. Plus Bethesda games are always better to play on PC.

Lt. Hannah Stone

Alt-Account
Banned
May 9, 2023
I was a bit skeptical but the deep dive truly hyped. Honestly might be one of the best and most comprehensive deep dives ever. Sounds hyperbolic but I can't think of much else that compares in terms of being an in depth successful showing.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
One of the few Xbox games I've bought in the past few years (only other ones being Hi-Fi Rush and Flight Sim). If it's like the other Bethesda RPGs it'll be worth owning due to mods compared to just using gamepass. Pretty curious to see what the player count numbers will be when it launches.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Hope they have a succesful Launch

huehuehuehehahihehohi

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even hyped for the game itself, but even just thinking of this game being a platform for mods at all is nuts. Think of projects like Beyond Skyrim for...well, Skyrim, and just think the entire game already has a foundation for that because you can just make up planets and systems. You don't have decades of esoteric lore to consider, just make shit up and go.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even hyped for the game itself, but even just thinking of this game being a platform for mods at all is nuts. Think of projects like Beyond Skyrim for...well, Skyrim, and just think the entire game already has a foundation for that because you can just make up planets and systems.
I was listening to how they described the systems that they use to create all these planets and all I could think was "modders are going to have a fucking field day with this shit."

Lt. Hannah Stone

Alt-Account
Banned
May 9, 2023
I'm not even hyped for the game itself, but even just thinking of this game being a platform for mods at all is nuts. Think of projects like Beyond Skyrim for...well, Skyrim, and just think the entire game already has a foundation for that because you can just make up planets and systems. You don't have decades of esoteric lore to consider, just make shit up and go.
You could put all of Elder Scrolls on one planet and go through it with machine guns lol.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Thats a common phenomenon though.
That happens with almost every AAA game that gets a new trailer.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I'm getting it on Steam even though I have Game Pass. I feel like the Windows Store will shit the bed on launch day.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
Skyrim and Fallout 4 still have huge concurrent player bases on Steam despite being years old.

Starfield is going to be one of the best selling games of the year easily.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Even though it looks so damn good, I will continue to hold in solidarity no $70 game stance and I'm going to do my best to not preorder any PC games going forward. Sick of them coming out in shitty state. But if there is a 20% off GMG post launch, maybe I'll go for it.

Hope it ends up being a good poet.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
I have Game Pass and will still get this on Steam. The mod platform is going to be alive for decades.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Bethesda publisher prices are fucked in Australia, same price as with Redfall's base game.

Last edited:

Yoga Flame

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 8, 2022
Will be game of the gen, some games, you just know it. Looks like lots of people know it.

Best game showcase ever made. I'm expecting 10s across the board

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to do massive Steam numbers. Perhaps Cyberpunk, Elden Ring or Hogwarts type numbers out of the gate. And given the game's pedigree - and the absolutely massive launches of both Skyrim and Fallout 4 - it should come at no surprise.

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
Gamepass for me. I am very sensitive to performance issues and their games are always full of them, so I'm glad Gamepass is a thing.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Can't wait to hear all the same people that preordered bitch about how broken and buggy the game is on launch. Clockwork

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Can't wait to hear all the same people that preordered bitch about how broken and buggy the game is on launch. Clockwork

Yea, I mean thats why all these companies get away with these shitty release states.
Pretty sure this game with its scale will be broken in multiple ways too.
That has been normalized by the industry by now unfortunatelly.

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
pe2dneF.png

Game looks amazing and I will be docking out 100$ for the premium Edition

but only if PC reviews are solid performance wise.

Sep 7, 2020
The game looks amazing. If it scores in the 90's and its optimized pretty well then this game is going to do STUPID numbers.