reksveks

May 17, 2022
I just wanna know if you have Game Pass Ultimate if you buy the upgrade will that cover both PC and Xbox

Don't think I have ever seen a dlc for a playanywhere title be platform specific but in this case you can see that the following is playable on console and PC so yes.

Buy Starfield Premium Edition Upgrade | Xbox

Starfield is the first new universe in over 25 years from Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4. In this next generation role-playing game set amongst the stars, create any character you want and explore with unparalleled freedom as you...

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Massive disagree. Twelve years(!) later I can still remember Skyrim launch day. It was amazing.

It's super cool being part of the launch of a generation defining game. And Steam refunds are right there even if the game is monumentally broken.

Completely agree. Midnight launch at GameSpot. Then into a party chat with my buddy who also got it while playing Skyrim was some of the best memories I had gaming.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Because there's no upside to doing so. You're just making yourself $70 poorer at the present moment for no reason.

Yes but the end result is the same. There's no upside or downside so it doesn't really matter. We are arguing about something that will produce the same result.

Really, I find it weird it's even a point of discussion. People should be allowed to do what they want with their income, if people want to pre order then let them pre order.

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
20% off on Green Man Gaming, BTW. Not sure if any other legit stores have it cheaper.

I guess the deal is no longer? 🫠

It seems to be an XP deal so you'd need to sign in to the site. Your account level probably factors in too, so you'd only get the best discount if you're at Gold level. That requires spending ~$100 in total at the site. This explains it:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/xp-offers/the-xp-program/

I swear I'm not getting paid. I've just saved decent money on the site over the years.
Just wanted to mention that I got an email stating that the GMG deal ends in about 9 hours from now.

I'm sure there will be future deals, but this one is ending soon.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
anyone know if this is a play anywhere title? Like buy xbox digital and get PC windows store version too? Not sure if MS is still doing those. The collector edition with the watch for steam isnt available in most countries and has to be imported. In this case I am fine getting the xbox version if that also give you windows store version

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
anyone know if this is a play anywhere title? Like buy xbox digital and get PC windows store version too? Not sure if MS is still doing those. The collector edition with the watch for steam isnt available in most countries and has to be imported. In this case I am fine getting the xbox version if that also give you windows store version
Yes it is. Microsoft is still doing it and so are other publishers.

The easiest way to tell is to go to the Xbox store listing for the game and see what the "playable on" platforms are. If PC and Xbox are both there then you will own both versions of the game. In Starfield's case both versions are listed under the one store listing. Interestingly cross saves or Xbox cloud saves aren't listed under capabilities…so it's unclear whether saves will be cross platform.

May 23, 2020
Would Gamepass and steam saves be compatible with each other?

I am thinking of playing it on gamepass and when i eventually want to use mods, then i might end up buying it on steam with a discount later

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017

I am thinking of playing it on gamepass and when i eventually want to use mods, then i might end up buying it on steam with a discount later
If it saves the files 100% offline, it should work. Worked for me for all games that I tried, but I think I read about games where it was not possible. Best to wait for release to be sure.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Yes it is. Microsoft is still doing it and so are other publishers.

The easiest way to tell is to go to the Xbox store listing for the game and see what the "playable on" platforms are. If PC and Xbox are both there then you will own both versions of the game. In Starfield's case both versions are listed under the one store listing. Interestingly cross saves or Xbox cloud saves aren't listed under capabilities…so it's unclear whether saves will be cross platform.

save file is ok to me as long as I stick to 1 version when I play I guess. I just need to know if I need to go through the trouble trying to track down the starfield constellation edition for steam which can be annoying. Would like to play this on PC but also get the collectibles.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
So collector's edition + gamepass premium upgrade should cover all platforms right? PC (Windows Store, Steam), and XbX? Steam for Steam Deck and mods…

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Snagged the premium edition at GMG for $20 off discount even though I have game pass ultimate well into 2024 there's no way i'd pass on owning this guaranteed masterpiece plus mod support will be far better on the Steam version.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
So collector's edition + gamepass premium upgrade should cover all platforms right? PC (Windows Store, Steam), and XbX? Steam for Steam Deck and mods…
I believe so. Depending on how the CE release is handled. I'll be playing it on my Xbox, and PC via gamepass on launch day. Then on steam deck once I get my CE.

If the gamepass version for PC/Xbox has cross saves, then I'll have two character files one Xbox/windows, and steam.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
GMG has the premium version for $80. Seems like a no-brainer to me as I was always going to buy this day-one no matter what.

bob1001

▲ Legend ▲
May 7, 2020
I'll buy it on Steam once it drops below £40. The absolute last thing I want to have even the tiniest issue with mods in a Bethesda game.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
I believe so. Depending on how the CE release is handled. I'll be playing it on my Xbox, and PC via gamepass on launch day. Then on steam deck once I get my CE.

If the gamepass version for PC/Xbox has cross saves, then I'll have two character files one Xbox/windows, and steam.
Yeah, I'm planning the same approach. Hope it works out for us.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I'll stick to the standard edition on GMG, thanks... I don't know if I'll stick with the game that long.

You can probably copy paste the save files manually.
Yes and no. Saves for Xbox app games, at least ones that have cloud saves you can play on console, are encrypted. You can use a tool to rename them and get them working on Steam and vice versa, but it is really fiddly.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Looking it up, apparently the Xbox app versions of Skyrim and Fallout 4 don't have cross save, which I'm guessing is for modding. The console and Windows Store versions of those games are entirely separate things, even. But, those games predate the Bethesda acquisition and aren't Play Anywhere like Starfield is. It's probably not feasible to retrofit cross platform saves into older games. The Master Chief Collection took a lot of time to add cross-saves that don't cover everything.

Thinking about it, I'm going to guess that the Xbox app version of Starfield will probably be restricted to mods from Bethesda's in-game installer that are also available on console, in order to make cross-save work. They don't want you playing with mods from Nexus on PC and transferring saves that can't be played on console, and there's no way in a million years Xbox are letting one of their biggest new releases not have all the cross-platform bells and whistles. From what I've seen on how they've been developing the Xbox app, Xbox's top priority with it is integration with their console ecosystem. They have no interest in making the platform that's meant to reach out to people who only have a PC the best it can be for people who only have a PC.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Just wanted to mention that I got an email stating that the GMG deal ends in about 9 hours from now.

I'm sure there will be future deals, but this one is ending soon.

I missed it because I was working! DAMNNNN 😅

But thank you for the reminder, which I would've seen if not for my job, grrr...

As an aside, GG.deals lists a Starfield $78.83 discount- but I cannot get this to work, even after applying the coupon code.

Anyone successful?