• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Jumped back into this game today, still don't really know what I'm doing but enjoy romping around and finding resources. Will try to put more time into it over the summer for sure, glad to see it's been such a success. I'm still kind of blown away it was the #1 game last month.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Wish they would improve the MP.

Tried playing last night and holy shit the desync and animation bugs are insane.

RevenantAxe

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
That is certainly an optimistic prediction.

Detroit: Become Human is not God of War.

State of Decay 2 is not Forza Horizon 4.

I guess we can just wait for the best-selling games list of 2018 to see how your predictions hold up.
Dude it's common sense. 3m active players of Gaas games which are basically never ending will obviously make more money than sp only game which you play once and move on . Gow unit sold obviously higher and will remain higher as price goes down more people will buy it but it won't match revenue generate by paid DLC content nd all.

You getting salty coz I mentioned Gow but what I'm saying it's common sense.

Halo 5 sold less units than Halo 3 but made more money . How? It's Gaas game with Microtransactions that's how. Same for Gears 4.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Dude it's common sense. 3m active players of Gaas games which are basically never ending will obviously make more money than sp only game which you play once and move on . Gow unit sold obviously higher and will remain higher as price goes down more people will buy it but it won't match revenue generate by paid DLC content nd all.

You getting salty coz I mentioned Gow but what I'm saying it's common sense.

Halo 5 sold less units than Halo 3 but made more money . How? It's Gaas game with Microtransactions that's how. Same for Gears 4.

Only difference. SoD2 doesnt have MTX tho.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Went back to it after the patch. Still garbage. Terrible visuals and performance, even on the X, and glitches remain galore.

Think I'm done with trying to get anything out of it.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft give us the best edition with game pass already. EA actually has the right idea for once.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm absolutely impressed by the 2.0 patch and the DLC so far. The game runs significantly better. Setting the motion blur to "low" and I'm really happy with performance now.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Still waiting to hear from UL on when they'll fix everything that broke with the latest patch. :/

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I guess I don't really understand what it means? Surely, games like Halo and Gears have sold more copies on the first day. So maybe they mean it sold 2 million copies faster down to the hour? Which wouldn't be saying too much due to the ease of trying the game on Game Pass the moment it releases, and higher digital rates than the past too.

All that said, it is of course great to see so many people playing State of Decay 2 via purchase or Game Pass.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Do these numbers include gamepass
I don't understand these questions. Why wouldn't it count? Game Pass is a service by Microsoft. Microsoft gains money with Game Pass. Of course it counts for the MAU metric.

The sales numbers obviously don't include Game Pass users as it isn't a sold game technically.

It's not rocket science imo.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
I like the game but damn I wish there was an "easy" setting. The infestations are out of control and I just can't seem to keep up. Resources are hard to come by, upgrades confusing, etc.

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
I like the game but damn I wish there was an "easy" setting. The infestations are out of control and I just can't seem to keep up. Resources are hard to come by, upgrades confusing, etc.
Difficulty settings would be great. It would appease both new and experienced players. Have you tried playing with someone a little more experienced? I think co-op is still pretty buggy, but it might help you learn the ropes a bit!

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017

YouTube. You'll find a ton of information about how to actually play the game if you start looking around on YouTube. The map will tell you what type of resource is in a given building so target building supplies first and things you are low on second. Also, don't break open ruck sacks (I did that in State of Decay).