• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I don't own the game (yet), but super helpful. Thank you for this.

I always believed (incorrectly, as it turns out) that we couldn't tinker with files for games bought from the windows store. I remember Gsync not working with Quantum Break, and being told that QB was an app., and therefore couldn't be touched.

Did things change?

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
Oh man, that sounds so intense, I don't know if I even want to continue with my save right now. :D
It's like a damn war zone up in here
Abm1aYG.gif

I don't own the game (yet), but super helpful. Thank you for this.

I always believed (incorrectly, as it turns out) that we couldn't tinker with files for games bought from the windows store. I remember Gsync not working with Quantum Break, and being told that QB was an app., and therefore couldn't be touched.

Did things change?
The setting files are protected with a lock, so they'll appear empty if you open them but UE4 still seems to take the commands you enter since it works.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I figured out my frame rate issue. It was, indeed, double buffered vsync remaining on even with it turned off in the options. I forced vsync to be off in the Nvidia driver control panel (and forced it to use triple buffered vsync in case it's still using vsync), and now my fps can go just under 60 fps while using 99% GPU. The frame rate changes are far less jarring now that it doesn't dive all the way down to 30! So, yeah, if you're finding that your game is seemingly stuttering a bunch on PC, force vsync off in your Nvidia or AMD control panels.

Might need to try that. Had trouble getting the latest Nvidia drivers to install using GeForce Experience before I had to leave.

Was having huge stuttering problems all the time. Nothing game breaking, but it was pretty annoying. I did see some reviews talk about it, but I didnt realize it was this bad. Dont know how others arent seeing the same thing on pc.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
People who already played it, I need your help.

This girl's here had problems with 2 of my members. The -5 and -10 points. One of them is the original starter guy and the other my medical. I cant risk losing either one of them. What should I do now? Directly ban her? Wait? I mean the game don't give you an option to ask her or talk about the problems, I just noticed it briefly because of one sentence and because of this community screen but I can't address this in the game. What now?

tXFSIE8.png

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So where are all the preorder items? I've seen people say you get them by calling for supplies, but when I open the radio I have to pay influence for a list of items. Is one of those guaranteed to locate them?

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This girl's here had problems with 2 of my members. The -5 and -10 points. One of them is the original starter guy and the other my medical. I cant risk losing either one of them. What should I do now? Directly ban her? Wait? I mean the game don't give you an option to ask her or talk about the problems, I just noticed it briefly because of one sentence and because of this community screen but I can't address this in the game. What now?

tXFSIE8.png
Take her out and shoot her. Leave her for dead.

Deleted member 35777

Banned
Dec 9, 2017

tXFSIE8.png
Run her into a crowd of zombies, I did it with one of my recruits because they were negative everyone.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
In game you can just straight up exile someone can't you? I saw it as an option in videos? No idea what the consequences are though.

tumour_love

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buy a 25 and 50 Turkish XBL card from here: https://www.seagm.com/xbox-live-gift-cards-turkey (£4.77 + £9.53)
Use Google translate to navigate the Turkish storefront here: https://www.microsoft.com/tr-TR/sto...5548ac8988546)(266696)(1018132)(1478245583)()
Buy the game using both the XBL cards you bought from Seagm, as you enter each code it'll simply add credit to your Microsoft account, once both are entered you'll have enough credit to buy the game
Done!
do i need a turkish billing address for this?

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
Really enjoying it. Have a few q's:

How do you radio in a survivor to pick up a rucksack? Couldve sworn this was in the first game

Should i radio in the prepper pack stuff straight away or sit on it?

Recommendations for new base in valley?

Also I cant seem to find the command centre?

SirVilhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know what the HDR Max brightness setting does? I've been messing with it and not seeing a difference

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal

tXFSIE8.png
Gamespot review say those stats dosent have any meaningfull impact on the group. You can just grab everyone you find in the end will not make any diference. Same as when zombies invade ur base and you are away, they call for your help but when u get there the base is intact and everyone is fine. One of the reasons they low scored the game as it have alot of features that dont have any meaningfull impact on the gameplay.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gamespot review say those stats dosent have any meaningfull impact on the group. You can just grab everyone you find in the end will not make any diference. Same as when zombies invade ur base and you are away, they call for your help but when u get there the base is intact and everyone is fine. One of the reasons they low scored the game as it have alot of features that dont have any meaningfull impact on the gameplay.
I disagree. Morale will lead to people leaving if it's low enough, especially if a single person is fed up with X thing being low. And yes, your survivors will handle zombie attacks while you're gone but they'll go through resources doing it, usually a -2 to ammo or so I've noticed. Combine that with the previous they do impact the gameplay. Especially if it's someone with a specific skill like knowledge of electricity, which enables a solar panel system etc.

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
I'm confused by the add-on content. The piece of paper says you get the Independence pack and Daybreak pack.

I entered the code and I only received the Doomsday pack instead of the 2 packs mentioned above. ls this odd or is everyone getting the same thing?

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just an FYI This is without a doubt absolutely incorrect. I think I heard someone else somewhere else also saying that your peeps don't go and travel away and attain items They absolutely do and do so more often if you have high safety and moral as they will activate more often rather than sulk. Something that, even in our 5 hours today in someone elses game absolutely made it possible for us to spread out and search for other resources and then in the same game caused untold havoc as 1 new survivor kept fighting everyone even if their moral was built on.

This then resulted in a totally different character finally leaving because their moral dropped and because the constant fights stopped us from finishing one of their quests in time.

It is more subtle than a giant Telltale signal in the upper right corner saying "Jobob will remember this!"
But its easily noticed by anyone who is even slightly watching the systems and plays for a period of time.

As for bases and folks there. They absolutely can shoot and kill zombies as they are also survivora. They are not helpless.
They also can absolutely get hurt eating into your reserves. I have come back to base or RUSHED back if they are fighting and a number of times saw characters I was just planning to switch to get hurt or lose life. Enough that at times it changed the entire strategy I had.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
I'm confused by the add-on content. The piece of paper says you get the Independence pack and Daybreak pack.

I entered the code and I only received the Doomsday pack instead of the 2 packs mentioned above. ls this odd or is everyone getting the same thing?
Pretty sure those two packs are future dlc. I imagine when they are released, you'll be able to download them automatically.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I think I need to either restart or pick another house. The valley one sucks I can't seem to get ahead I got people stealing from my community I pulled a Negan and wiped out the other group. I got hordes and hearts I'm trying to take out

Last edited:

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
Yep he was trying to launch the app via Edge. I don't think he knew above t the windows store until he got on chat with MS Support which told him to use the Windows Store app. He did say their support was amazing and fast so there's that
MS/Xbox support is always awesome. Never had a single bad...hell even a mediocre experience.

My elite controller had the issue with the rubber grips falling off and even over a year past the warranty they gave me a new one for free.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OG Xbox One, did the intro tutorial 3 times, game doesn't load past when you get into a car to leave to a different town. It just stays on "DECAY 2" title without ever loading anything. I'd hear a zombie growl or two while waiting for like 5 minutes, but nothing. This fucking blows! How could it get past QA?!

EDIT : in the end it finally goes back to the dashboard with an error (0x8027025a) For some reason State of Decay 2 took too long to start. WTF.

Last edited:

madmook

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Damn, no more dropkicking zombies. Also barely 5 minutes past the tutorial and hit with crazy flashing HUD, damn it Undead Labs.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OG Xbox One, did the intro tutorial 3 times, game doesn't load past when you get into a car to leave to a different town. It just stays on "DECAY 2" title without ever loading anything. I'd hear a zombie growl or two while waiting for like 5 minutes, but nothing. This fucking blows! How could it get past QA?!

EDIT : in the end it finally goes back to the dashboard with an error (0x8027025a) For some reason State of Decay 2 took too long to start. WTF.
Does XB1 have an equivalent of verify game files? Try playing with the console's internet connection disabled?

Edit: Could try clearing the console's cache:

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox until it turns off completely.
  2. Unplug the power brick from the back of the Xbox. Press and hold the power button on the Xbox several times to expel any remaining power and clear the cache.
  3. Plug in the power brick.
  4. Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
  5. Turn the Xbox back on as you would normally

Damn, no more dropkicking zombies. Also barely 5 minutes past the tutorial and hit with crazy flashing HUD, damn it Undead Labs.
Dropkick is in. It's behind one of the skill upgrade paths.

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Just an FYI This is without a doubt absolutely incorrect. I think I heard someone else somewhere else also saying that your peeps don't go and travel away and attain items They absolutely do and do so more often if you have high safety and moral as they will activate more often rather than sulk.

Yes I absolutely agree.
Noticed that in the first 2 hours of playtime that people DO gather resources when you are not home. I think it was the "infamous" EuroGamer review that denied it. What the fuck were they playing?

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes I absolutely agree.
Noticed that in the first 2 hours of playtime that people DO gather resources when you are not home. I think it was the "infamous" EuroGamer review that denied it. What the fuck were they playing?
I don't think they'll bring back a rucksack of materials but they'll bring back the smaller items absolutely. Maybe they were talking about that specifically. I doubt it.

Nov 5, 2017
Oh man, I already regret buying the standard game and having to wait the whole weekend. I'm at a point where I would gladly pay the difference just to start playing immediately, but no such option seems to exist. Just know that I envy those who are already punching them zombies.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does XB1 have an equivalent of verify game files? Try playing with the console's internet connection disabled?

Edit: Could try clearing the console's cache:

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox until it turns off completely.
  2. Unplug the power brick from the back of the Xbox. Press and hold the power button on the Xbox several times to expel any remaining power and clear the cache.
  3. Plug in the power brick.
  4. Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
  5. Turn the Xbox back on as you would normally

Dropkick is in. It's behind one of the skill upgrade paths.

I did that. Changed my console language, clear the local save files in the settings, cleared the files already created inside SoD 2 app, none of it made a lick of a difference. I'm up to the 7th try (tried with different combinations of survivors and map to go to).
Now it's been on the "DECAY 2" text logo for like 20mns....

The Xbox One is the worst fucking console I've ever owned, I swear makes me wanna put it straight in the trash.

Going to see what gives on pc but knowing I bought this for co-op I'll most likely ask for a refund.

sod2xkqbx.jpg

Perpetually leave camp Osprey seeing from friend status.

Last edited:

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
played 4 hours, doing ok so far.

Had to exile a guy that had the blood plague, and nobody liked.

Then while mediating a conflict between two groups, I lost my best soldier character to backstabbing :( (the thief group already agreed to give the medicine back, but started shooting when I grabbed the bag. My controlled character had to pull out a gun I have been saving to barely escape alive. Follower and other NPC died)

Low on meds, lost a guy, and infection zones popping up, morale was extremely low. Desperately in need of more hands, I went to save the next "help" signal I could find. And it was a freaking political science student! No combat skills, permanently low stamina due to "overworked" perk (I agree school is tough) but at least people liked him... Welcome aboard I guess...

PC, looked pretty good, textures fluctuate between meh to really impressive (tutorial character's flannel shirt, wow!) Follower disappeared a couple times. Car got caught in the geometry a couple times. Door actually closed but appears opened a couple times. Nothing too bad. I'm feeling good about the purchase so far.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
So where are all the preorder items? I've seen people say you get them by calling for supplies, but when I open the radio I have to pay influence for a list of items. Is one of those guaranteed to locate them?
There's a sub option in that menu to call for supply drop which will be called Ultimate Edition or whatever else the pack you got was called. They're free, the vehicles if any, is not.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I absolutely agree.
As much as I want to pick apart every unfair or hyperbolic point in that eurogamer review, just remember it had this to say about SoD1 "its predecessor, which topped Xbox Live Arcade charts largely, I suspect, for its resemblance to DayZ". (I read an article the author wrote in 2015 complaining about Ori, and it strangely contains the exact same dig at SoD1)

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Can we switch shoulders while aiming on Xbox One? I can't seem to figure out how.

And yeah, survivors definitely gather resources while we're away.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god Gunslinging upgrade for shooting is so fun lol. You press the jump button/key while aiming to instantly snap to heads. My doctor is the only one that has it, he's a fucking angel of death with guns now.

Edit: Thought I was hot shit ready to take on an entire horde, then the gun jammed. Had flashbacks to young Ocelot. Snake was right, he was so right.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
Oh my god Gunslinging upgrade for shooting is so fun lol. You press the jump button/key while aiming to instantly snap to heads. My doctor is the only one that has it, he's a fucking angel of death with guns now.

Edit: Thought I was hot shit ready to take on an entire horde, then the gun jammed. Had flashbacks to young Ocelot, Snake was right. He was so right.
Yeah I selected the clear jam in the field perks on my "offensive" characters for this reason. But for your doctor the bolt action might be nice, they don't break and don't jam.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I selected the clear jam in the field perks on my "offensive" characters for this reason. But for your doctor the bolt action might be nice, they don't break and don't jam.
I don't think the clear jam path was my other option on this guy. I can't quite figure out if it's just random or based on something about the character.

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw this cool looking survivor in another enclave that I wanted to make my leader, but I accidentally threatened his group and now they're hostile towards me. My heart is broken :(

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
So, uh, it's 5 am here. After playing for 4 hours total, I have to say that State of Decay 2 is really good. So many things to do. Lots of tension, particularly at night when you can't see and you're hoping that you don't get your best characters killed. I haven't encountered too many bugs other than vsync staying on even when set to off in the options and the mouse cursor occasionally appearing and staying visible (sometimes limiting how far you can turn when the cursor hits the edges of the screen - you can fix the cursor by aiming your gun).

If you liked SoD1, then you will love SoD2.

Shari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So finally bought it. Got problems and questions.

The problem is that for some reason in PC, my friend gets random crashes to desktop after 15 or so minutes playing, no error message. Any ideas?

Now game related stuff.

Is there a way i can promote my friend to outpost master so he can also admin the outpost?

And last one, how the fuck do I destroy the plague heart? I hit it but it will only drop gas and ended up killing one of my survivors.

Oh yeah and how do I cure traumas/broken bones? Sleeping doesn't seem to do it and theres nothing in the infirmary for that :c