• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I made it to the "Foothills". Just claimed my first base/house. My AI companion just left me after claiming though. (She's still a member of the community, just not tagging along with me beating zambies up)

Is it solo play only now (unless I play online coop), or can I get an AI partner back?

Thanks in advance! :)
You can walk up to members of your community and ask them to follow you by "enlisting" them.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
A couple interesting side quests, although one of them is exactly the same as Brad of Giantbomb had, so I'll need more info on how varied the quests get.

This is definitely meter management the game. I'm saving guns, bombs, even effective blades of any sort for the plague heart fights.

Both of my main characters has the perk "high metabolism", so they eat 3-person's worth of food between them. This has led me to stick at 4 person group instead of further expanding. But at least one is great at stealth, and the other gardening. The talent-less political science student I recruited keeps complaining... might be time to put him on a dangerous mission...

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
So not sure if this has been discussed but having issues in multiplayer, joining parties torches dont appear to work correctly and have glitches, passenger doors on the cars cant be open whilst driving reliably, the storage boxes got missing in the home base and when members crouch they sink into the ground.....yet the actual host of the multiplayer game doesn't exhibit these issues at all

Just Progress

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for likely dumb question but on the PC version I can play with my Xbox friends right?

And also generally how is the PC performance? Never bought a game on the Microsoft Store before. Thanks.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for likely dumb question but on the PC version I can play with my Xbox friends right?

And also generally how is the PC performance? Never bought a game on the Microsoft Store before. Thanks.

Its fine on PC. Was having problems until I updated my Nvidia drivers. And yeah you can totally play with people on Xbox.

After playing for abit longer today though, I kinda regret getting the $50 version. Its a fun game and I can see myself playing for a long time. But it was priced perfectly at $30, and the DLC that comes with the Ultimate Edition doesnt look like itll be worth the extra $20. I dont see a horde mode being fun in this game unless you get to build up a base with defenses inbetween rounds.

mercenar1e

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
the mall base is 3,000 points and the water supply is 1000. it feels like it will be a grind constantly doing fetch quests to help survivors.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
We're already into Saturday afternoon, you can hold out if you didn't pull the trigger on Friday.

I caved and I bet I won't even like the game much based off of streamers playing it already. Oh well. Streaming PC version myself tonight so I hope it's fun. xD

Ul-ti-mate, Ul-ti-mate, Ul-ti-mate!

lMpL1.gif

...I'm weak, I had some Amazon credit so I caved.

sad-dre.gif

On the bright side, I won't need to renew my GP for a while.

Edit: What is everyone setting their HDR at?

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So not sure if this has been discussed but having issues in multiplayer, joining parties torches dont appear to work correctly and have glitches, passenger doors on the cars cant be open whilst driving reliably, the storage boxes got missing in the home base and when members crouch they sink into the ground.....yet the actual host of the multiplayer game doesn't exhibit these issues at all
Yep some have those issues some don't. I saw it in one game switched hosts to another player and they went away. The one that seems to happen is the flashlight to at least 1 of us always. But it still works. Just a bit wonky.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Something in the office building base in the foothills really fucks with The follower AI. It's an effective nerf because now I have to ride solo basically :/

Hornedfrogs45

Nov 22, 2017
Man, I am having a heck of a time trying to get this to launch on my PC. The logo screen pops up and then it goes back to desktop. Have updated drivers and all. No bueno.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
I kept having a follower AI wander off on her own, maybe it's because she has her own mission? After being forced to solo a plague heart, I had to cave to her demands, "fine, I'll go find your stupid aunt..."

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Not sure if it's the same in this game, but in SoD1 when I needed a decent boost in Influence, I'd raid places with guns like a gun shop or police dept. and net hundreds of points of Influence from a single supply run (as well as get a bunch of great weapons and ammo).

SirVilhelm

Oct 27, 2017
For those playing on the Xbox X. What did you set the in game minimum and maximum brightness for HDR? And how about contrast. I'm on a TCL if that helps.

What'sthe best map to start on if you're completely new to the series. Thnx for any info you might provide.

Anyone playing on an HDR capable TV? Any pointers for the HDR settings?

I asked earlier and did not get any response. I used the gamma and HDR brightness sliders until I looked the picture but have no idea what maximum HDR brightness does as it didn't seem to effect my image

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Man this follower bug fucking sucks. I have no idea who is my follower at the moment and where the fuck they've disappeared to. Once in a while they'll spawn in on me... usually while i'm in a car and going 50km/h so they roll behind and get stranded in a sea of zambies

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
How in the world do you ask one of your people to follow you? No option to do this in conversation or base menu.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i don't understand how these gas zombies work. multiple times i'm just driving along near a plague heart and my vehicle suddenly explodes into a gas cloud. No indication of a gas zombie nearby at all.

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
I love this game. Never played the 1st one despite interest. Gave my 360 to the nephs before it came out.

Was conflicted on getting the UE but caved last night. Proceeded to stay up waaay too late. Looking forward to doing the same tonight.

It's got is share of jank but the gameplay loop is right up my alley.

Haven't messed with it yet but this ini tweaker is out there: https://i.imgur.com/eet4E8a.png

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Not a fan of not being able to pause the game while not in co-op. I can handle that in dark souls because it's easy to find a safe spot to afk for a bit. In this game I can't go take a shit or strep away for 20 minutes without having to quit the game. Not killing my enjoyment of the game, just annoying.

Oct 27, 2017
Guys,

Need help my community ain't doing so well and I'm having issues takin out plague hearts. Needed to move my base, there is a base close to a ton of stores which should provide good resources.

Went to clear out the plague hearts, maaaan got bodied even with the AI. All my shit is broken, and I'm low on supplies and morale is low...I feel fucked lmao.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
You need explosives to take out plague hearts easily. The first upgrade you purchase for your base should always be a workshop.

My plague heart strategy is usually to throw firecrackers or some other distraction outside the building and then go in and bomb the heart as quick as I can. They don't take a ton of damage from melee attacks and firearms will just attack more of the plague zombies.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Well I finally got this installed on my PC and click play... it shows the State of Decay 2 window and then immediately closes, I have 0 idea what the problem is and can't find anyone else reporting it. I can't get the game to load at all.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
I was asking earlier but does anyone know if mods are reusable? Also, I imagine I'm losing supplies because I need a bigger storage area right?

Lastly, does it feel like infestations are happening way way way quicker than they did in the first game? Barely played a few hours and already 3 or 4 have popped up.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of not being able to pause the game while not in co-op. I can handle that in dark souls because it's easy to find a safe spot to afk for a bit. In this game I can't go take a shit or strep away for 20 minutes without having to quit the game. Not killing my enjoyment of the game, just annoying.

Just go into settings and switch to offline mode when you don't want to co-op. You can pause in offline mode.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
I was asking earlier but does anyone know if mods are reusable? Also, I imagine I'm losing supplies because I need a bigger storage area right?

Lastly, does it feel like infestations are happening way way way quicker than they did in the first game? Barely played a few hours and already 3 or 4 have popped up.
Think so after you detach / remove them.
Yes, you might lose some supplies if you go above storage limit every day or so.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Packed up from the foothills and moved into the Valley. This camp is great, finally got power. Idiot traders set up in my water tower though so I can't capture it right now.

It's utterly bizarre the way stuff works though... these things should have guards on patrol and people actually in the watch tower shooting zeds... instead I can literally be standing at my supply box looking through menus and a herd of plague zombies who have randomly wandered by can come around and hang out. Fuckin' weird. Honestly there's a lot with the bases that still need improvement, it's impossible to find the follower you want to follow you around sometimes, they still feel weirdly empty cos survivors tend to blend into the background or just not be anywhere, the lighting especially at night is still utterly messed up.

What a jank-ass fun-ass game

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys,

Need help my community ain't doing so well and I'm having issues takin out plague hearts. Needed to move my base, there is a base close to a ton of stores which should provide good resources.

Went to clear out the plague hearts, maaaan got bodied even with the AI. All my shit is broken, and I'm low on supplies and morale is low...I feel fucked lmao.
I offed my last remaining survivor because I didn't have any stuff to heal them and nothing to heal me and they were getting ready to burst. Thats the excellence of the game.

It's utterly bizarre the way stuff works though... these things should have guards on patrol and people actually in the watch tower shooting zeds... instead I can literally be standing at my supply box looking through menus and a herd of plague zombies who have randomly wandered by can come around and hang out.

FYI they are dictated by things like their own tiredness, issues elsewhere in the base, their ammo, if they have a gun, the moral of people around them as they get into or called to fights. When our moral was high and I had ammo and MOST of the folks were on the same sleeping schedule mine was manned alot.

Also as someone said on our 3 hour MP video a bit ago. It really does seem to run with very few issues for me. Its crazy we played for 3 hours and sort of like my review time with it. Ran into so few issues. But they are bugs which mean you wont get them all the time. I hope these guys patch the fuck out of it

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i don't think it's related to moral or tiredness or whatever. It's just that this specific base design is very open plan and there's still gaps in the wall where zombies come through. I probably should move but I'm still exploring the map.

Really wish there was a way to fast-forward to day, perhaps with a cost. And to get better flashlights because jesus christ some of the worst fighting so far has been inside buildings where i literally can't see a thing. Maybe I should just gamma up.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone tried squaring off with a Juggernaut yet? I avoid them at all costs, unless its a feral.
Yeah, they're not that bad if you're packing some firearms and a good amount of ammo. If you're trying to melee them to death you're going to have a bad time. Usually it's about 1 1/2 clips of 9mm to the head to get him to take a knee and then do the ground finisher.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
i don't think it's related to moral or tiredness or whatever. It's just that this specific base design is very open plan and there's still gaps in the wall where zombies come through. I probably should move but I'm still exploring the map.

Really wish there was a way to fast-forward to day, perhaps with a cost. And to get better flashlights because jesus christ some of the worst fighting so far has been inside buildings where i literally can't see a thing. Maybe I should just gamma up.
There is also that Upgrade for the Base to have ppl in Towers with guns I'm pretty sure (I forget what it's called sorry, lol). Haven't unlocked it, but I would hope that would help with the random zombie attacks you get while in the base. I do agree though, it's a little annoying when zombies come crashing in. I find it crazy when a zombie gets all the way upstairs in my base. Like how did you get past all my other ppl? lol.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
A lock on system would do wonders. CQC is not that great especially when a random door or wall obscures your player.

Also, inviting friends on PC is not as seamless as I'd expected