Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2017
Baltimore, MD
I would like to talk about the Deadshot boss battle in Batman Arkham Origins. I think the pc steam version is completely broken.

I've beaten this battle before on the PS3 version of B:AO years ago. It wasn't even that hard. Took out the henchmen, takedown Deadshot 3 times so he grabs the hostage, sneak behind him and silent takedown Deadshot one last time. Not a big deal. Its not working on the PC version I'm playing which is on steam.

I've replayed this battle over 30 times last night. I was getting to the hostage segment in under a minute. Things have changed since the first time I played this on the ps3. First, henchmen are immediately replaced once taken out. There use to be a small delay before new henchmen came rushing threw the door. So it makes it a lot harder to sneak up behind them. Next if you use smoke anywhere on the map, Deadshot shots the hostage. Ive watched walkthrough videos on youtube where this didn't happen. So I don't know why its happening in my game. Lastly, I was able to reach him several times, crouch and sneaking and unspotted and the silent takedown button prompt never appears. Within a second, he turns around, and shots the hostage.
Anyone else experience this?

Deleted member 2585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aw snap
http://store.steampowered.com/app/390710/Acceleration_of_SUGURI_2/
header.jpg
I like how there were legit tournaments for Acceleration of Suguri.

2 seems like a fun game but I'll probably get it for the 100% Orange Juice character

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just completed Kio's Adventure
Well, it was very good. If you liked Lone Survivor, this title is very similar, except it's way more easy and there's no stealth mechanic involved.
The plot is nothing great but in the end, it doesn't really matter (and you'll understand the reason by playing the game).
It's around three hours long by going blind, there are some nice secrets in and there and it's totally worth that price.
The only thing I really disliked are the screens you are "rewarded" when dying: they are totally out of place and I don't understand the reason the developer put them in, if not to praise a certain audience. Even in the game there are a couple of...borderline scenes, which are totally unnecessary.

But the game is worth if you like 2D horror, short titles.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Just completed Kio's Adventure
Well, it was very good. If you liked Lone Survivor, this title is very similar, except it's way more easy and there's no stealth mechanic involved.
The plot is nothing great but in the end, it doesn't really matter (and you'll understand the reason by playing the game).
It's around three hours long by going blind, there are some nice secrets in and there and it's totally worth that price.
The only thing I really disliked are the screens you are "rewarded" when dying: they are totally out of place and I don't understand the reason the developer put them in, if not to praise a certain audience. Even in the game there are a couple of...borderline scenes, which are totally unnecessary.

But the game is worth if you like 2D horror, short titles.
Did you get the Boot Hill Heroes sequel?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/727290/Boot_Hill_Bounties/

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

Very cool stuff. It looks like it has a dictionary of keywords associated with each selected theme (performance, combat, etc.), and then filter the reviews with these keywords, and finally count the number of occurrences of positive and negative reviews.

I wonder whether it only counts occurrences or actually analyse the context a bit more accurately. Not that it would necessarily show any difference.

Edit: Ahah. Graphics is associated with the word "usually". I think it actually picks up the most frequent words in the reviews, and prunes the most common English words, and then infers the themes.

From the FAQ:
We leverage Neural Networks to detect topics of discussion and sentiment in review sentences and constantly monitor the quality of algorithms and data to maximize accuracy and ensure that outliers do not influence the eventual conclusions. However, it is still possible that there will be a few cases of incorrect classification.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10601

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, Steam is automagically emptying my cart. I'm not fast enough to add stuff i want from my wishlist to the cart. :( Is this a sign?

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

There's barely any content in this game so far, but the combat system and the way exploration works is pretty fun.
It reminds a bit of Darkest Dungeon, however without the RNG or grinding. It's also not as difficult because of that.

The most interesting thing is the way the combat is structured as a card game. Basically every ability in the game exists in the form of a card that adds to every characters deck. Meaning that not only the stats of your weapons are important but also the cards the weapons add/replace in your deck. Finding a "stronger" weapon with more DMG as a result doesn't mean automatically that it makes your character stronger and in return, a weaker weapon might be pretty useful still.

The skilltrees for the characters work similar, as a lot of skills add or upgrade cards in your decks.

However, stats for your characters are a thing too and influence how likely crits, misses and special effects of different card types (Melee, Ranged, Tech, Med, Mental) trigger.

The biggest issue is, as mentioned, that the game is pretty barebones thus far.
The story mode is incomplete, contracts (Sidequests) don't exist save for 3 yet and there isn't much of a metagame at all.

However, the roadmap the devs posted looks very promising and not at all unreasonable.

Very excited to come back one it's finished, supposedly april next year.

Deques

Oct 26, 2017

There's barely any content in this game so far, but the combat system and the way exploration works is pretty fun.
It reminds a bit of Darkest Dungeon, however without the RNG or grinding. It's also not as difficult because of that.

The most interesting thing is the way the combat is structured as a card game. Basically every ability in the game exists in the form of a card that adds to every characters deck. Meaning that not only the stats of your weapons are important but also the cards the weapons add/replace in your deck. Finding a "stronger" weapon with more DMG as a result doesn't mean automatically that it makes your character stronger and in return, a weaker weapon might be pretty useful still.

The skilltrees for the characters work similar, as a lot of skills add or upgrade cards in your decks.

However, stats for your characters are a thing too and influence how likely crits, misses and special effects of different card types (Melee, Ranged, Tech, Med, Mental) trigger.

The biggest issue is, as mentioned, that the game is pretty barebones thus far.
The story mode is incomplete, contracts (Sidequests) don't exist save for 3 yet and there isn't much of a metagame at all.

However, the roadmap the devs posted looks very promising and not at all unreasonable.

Very excited to come back one it's finished, supposedly april next year.
Four months of development until full release? Isn't that kinda too optimistic? Each month adds quite lot of new things

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
You know that feeling when you only have 1 card left to finish a badge and all you get are duplicates?
Been having that for the past days...

Deleted member 1055

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know that feeling when you only have 1 card left to finish a badge and all you get are duplicates?
That happens to me just about every big sale.
I just want a level 1 badge, but I almost always end losing patience and buy the last card on the market.

I also have the card you are missing, and don't plan to do anything with it other than flipping it on the market.
So you are welcome to send me a trade request for a dupe if you want.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
I reinstalled Windows since I got an SSD (clean install) and now steam doesn't show me my categories anymore. How can I fix this?

Edit: Fixed it, had to get the sharedconfig.vdf from my old HDD.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
RPG that's going to focus on skills and quests instead of story and presentation.

Exactly, i need an RPG with meaningful quests, the medieval setting is overabused, but this time is without fantasy and i'm looking forward for the final result.
I'm not worried about the combat system, i mean, it's a game made with a low budget and i'm expecting some "Pyranha Bytes Jankiness" but it's not a big deal, if they nail the world, the side quest and the choices i'm happy.

Tomasety

Oct 28, 2017
The Canary Islands
In my honest opinion, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is probably the most ambitious RPG that is releasing next year. Even so, I'm a bit wary. I would prefer to wait and see how the game turns out to be rather than hype in excess in advance.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

That happens to me just about every big sale.
I just want a level 1 badge, but I almost always end losing patience and buy the last card on the market.

I also have the card you are missing, and don't plan to do anything with it other than flipping it on the market.
So you are welcome to send me a trade request for a dupe if you want.

Happens to me just about every sale as well.
I try to practice patience, this sale hasn't been as bad as I have been able to craft the badge 4 times so far.
I still have some cards I rarely get, and others I have like 7 or 8 of.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have a PC gaming laptop thread? I don't want to derail this one, but my 5-year-old system's hard drive is on its way out, and that's probably my cue to bite the bullet on a replacement.

Oct 27, 2017

Sch1sm

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Ya all, make sure to vote for Doki Doki Literature Club today.

I voted for it, but I had to think about it since Pony Island and The Stanley Parable were on there, as well.

-

I just finished What Remains of Edith Finch, and I think anyone who doesn't absolutely hate walking sims should give it a try. Even if you do hate walking sims, do you like a good story? Play it anyway. Good stuff.

PixelParty

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Should I buy the Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate 1 + 2 and Planescape on Steam if I already own the originals on GoG?

I'm looking for the "I push the Play button, the game works" experience.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Should I buy the Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate 1 + 2 and Planescape on Steam if I already own the originals on GoG?

I'm looking for the "I push the Play button, the game works" experience.
BGEE 1 + 2 work flawlessly compared to the OG versions, go for it. Not sure about Planescape.
I stil haven't bought it since I'm still wrapping up LiS, so if you have the vanilla version you can upgrade to deluxe? OK, thanks.
Correct. I bought it through Humble (to Steam) and upgraded recently.
Highlighting the game reveals a spoiler, come the fuck on valve....
Same for Pony Island.
Who thought that was a good idea?
Wowser. That's awful.

Is this the first voting session with pictures for the games or was I just not noticing them before?

Status
Not open for further replies.