• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i try the discovery queue each sale hoping they'd work on it just a little bit, but they clearly abandoned a feature that could be super useful if anyone gave a shit

and sure, finding the perfect heuristics i bet is really difficult, but how hard can it be to you know, just recommend games that use tags similar to the ones i play

not fucking like 40 hidden object games?

it's so frustrating to see valve neglect pretty much everything

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Reading that Eurogamer list just reminded me how I can never find a site or reviewer who I can rely on to predict if I'll like a game :)

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
I voted for Pony Island. Don't get me wrong, as much as I hate Doki Doki, it did its job in making me do a double take and whatnot, but I believe Pony Island just fucked with me more. DDLC is a really close second though.

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Book of Demons today, and so far I've been having quite a bit of fun.

It's a hack & slash title inspired by Diablo, with a peculiar style (everything is done as if it's made of paper), and simple, but addictive gameplay, where your improvements/skills come in the form of card drops, not skill trees (it sounds weird, but it works).
One cool thing is that you can select how long you want your stages/gameplay session to last, so it's a good game for short playing sessions, especially for someone like me, who sometimes lacks much time to play games.

There's a demo available on Steam, if anyone wants to try it out.

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
B-b-but 'driver updates', 'I don't want to spend time hunched over desk after work' and 'lack of controller support'!

You forgot the words tinker and fiddle.

You think that's bad? I played a bit of Friday the 13th: The Game, to try out the bots that were recently released (the first time I ever played the game, despite backing it on Kickstarter), and it's been 3-4 days in a row where my Discovery Queue is filled with nothing but $1 generic horror titles. I had no idea there were so many indie horror games on Steam (and they pretty much all look the same).

I've been seeing nothing but RPG Maker shit.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I swear there was a PC support questions thread or whatever but I can't find it.

So I'm gonna ask here. What is the biggest difference or negative aspect of using DVI or HDMI? Is it a lesser quality image? Like using VGA or something?

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i try the discovery queue each sale hoping they'd work on it just a little bit, but they clearly abandoned a feature that could be super useful if anyone gave a shit

and sure, finding the perfect heuristics i bet is really difficult, but how hard can it be to you know, just recommend games that use tags similar to the ones i play

Seems the other way around actually. They didn't abandon it, they've clearly been doing a lot of weird adjustments to the algorigthm lately.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Is it safe to update RTSS and Afterburner on W10 yet? I got tired with last few updates saying RTSS is incompatible and always having to find the version thjat someone made compatible.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Picross remains as addictive as ever, and Paint it Back is one of the finest examples that I've plated in a while. Having played a little way beyond the demo content, I'm impressed at how quickly the puzzle suize and challenge ramps up!

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't say anything about steam recommendation system but auto_steam_queue.user.js says it's ok.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Was just scrolling through my friends list and saw freshVeggie hasn't been online in 52 days.

Anybody know anything?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I know people aren't into a "like" button on the forum, but what if it only showed up when someone posted a picture of their pet?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I swear there was a PC support questions thread or whatever but I can't find it.

So I'm gonna ask here. What is the biggest difference or negative aspect of using DVI or HDMI? Is it a lesser quality image? Like using VGA or something?
DVI is also sending a digital signal, as opposed to say VGA, which sends an analog RBG signal (plus horizontal and vertical sync, to be totally correct, just forget this) DVI has less of a bandwidth than HDMI, the maximal supported resolutions are given here.
For 1080p, it should actually work fine. However, it only carries a video signal, some monitors also play sound, so that would only work with HDMI, or a seperate audio cable.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017

they do that, just not in the discovery queue

all the recommendations based on tags and what your friends are playing end up at the bottom of the main page, where you can scroll down and the store generates recommendations as you go

also when there isn't a big sale, they do some of that in the main "featured" section, which fills with games your friends and curators recommend, games similar to what you've been playing, etc.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I almost exclusively get hidden object games and visual novels as recommendations. Then again, the last games I played are Tokyo Xanadu, Nightmares From the Deep 2 and Cinderella Phenomenon, so I feel it's par for the course.

Speaking of which, for anybody looking to play an otome game, Cinderella Phenomenon is great, meaty and free:

header.jpg

Lol, I've also been getting a lot of Hidden Object games in the queue for some reason. And the last games I played were...
Tales of Berseria, N++, Tokyo Xanadu, Epistory and Nights of Azure.
They probably got you through the "Female Protagonist" tag.

Last edited:

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
If Im gonna end up playing Tales of Bresia and Star Ocean 4, which should I get first? I know Tales is currently on sale but in terms of quality or any other reason what would be better to play first?

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
If Im gonna end up playing Tales of Bresia and Star Ocean 4, which should I get first? I know Tales is currently on sale but in terms of quality or any other reason what would be better to play first?
SO4 is not good (and that's being nice) so I'm gonna say the Tales game I never played is your best bet.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm going to finally pick up Environmental Station Alpha. I also have Alwa's Awakening in my cart, but some of these reviews aren't selling me on it.

edit: Thanks for the hook up 5hade

Last edited:

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not the only one getting a bunch of hidden object games for no reason? Good to know.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does PES18 still do that stupid Konami thing that older versions did, where the PC version is inferior to the PS4/X1 versions because it's partially based on the 360 version?

I might be interested in picking it up if it doesn't.

I'm not the only one getting a bunch of hidden object games for no reason? Good to know.

Nope, me too. Valve's recommendation system really sucks.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The Sexy Brutale (is that what it's called?)

Is a weird game. Didn't expect what I got after doing the first mission. Thought it'd be something like The Ship. Don't hate it though.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
they do that, just not in the discovery queue

all the recommendations based on tags and what your friends are playing end up at the bottom of the main page, where you can scroll down and the store generates recommendations as you go

also when there isn't a big sale, they do some of that in the main "featured" section, which fills with games your friends and curators recommend, games similar to what you've been playing, etc.
why would they do it that way, who goes to the bottom of the page

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
honestly i really hope someone does a pubg game that doesn't look ilke a boring ass military shooter and is actually a good shooter (sorry fortnite)

it doesn't have to be full-on overwatch but something with a little bit of personality wouldn't hurt

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I haven't played either (ironically just started Tales on ps4 tonight) but from what I've learned from watching reactions to both games is that Tales is supposedly a pretty good entry, one of the best in years for the series, and that SO4 is one of the worst jrpgs ever. I can confirm the latter after only watching a few cutscenes on youtube. It's the stuff of nightmares.

Deleted member 19813

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
honestly i really hope someone does a pubg game that doesn't look ilke a boring ass military shooter and is actually a good shooter (sorry fortnite)

it doesn't have to be full-on overwatch but something with a little bit of personality wouldn't hurt

You read me like a book.

The ARAMA-style doesn't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.