• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

croc

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis
All right I guess I'll ask here. I tried doing some research myself first but nothing has helped.

Lately Steam has been practically unusable for me because it's so slow. Clicking on Library or Store or something from the bar takes about 5-10 seconds to load whatever I clicked, if it even responds at all. Restarting Steam doesn't help, restarting my PC doesn't help. I googled some stuff and people suggested deleting web cache or ending some web helper process, but neither of those worked either. I don't even use Steam that much on my PC so it's not a huge deal but it's literally about unusable with how long anything takes. Also I believe I tried uninstalling/reinstalling awhile ago and that also did not help.

edit: Forgot to mention I'm on Windows 10

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't matter wherever I want the FH3 Expansion Pass or not, Im not able to buy it anyway from the windows store.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
All right I guess I'll ask here. I tried doing some research myself first but nothing has helped.

Lately Steam has been practically unusable for me because it's so slow. Clicking on Library or Store or something from the bar takes about 5-10 seconds to load whatever I clicked, if it even responds at all. Restarting Steam doesn't help, restarting my PC doesn't help. I googled some stuff and people suggested deleting web cache or ending some web helper process, but neither of those worked either. I don't even use Steam that much on my PC so it's not a huge deal but it's literally about unusable with how long anything takes. Also I believe I tried uninstalling/reinstalling awhile ago and that also did not help.

edit: Forgot to mention I'm on Windows 10

It sounds like your hard drive is having issues saving/retrieving cached data.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
trying to decide on a few smaller games to get.
So far my list is

Lisa
Undertale
Hollow Knight
Momodora
Mad Father
Misao

also thinking of getting The House in Fata Morgana but that's a bit on the expensive side
Any other recommendations

croc

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis
Sorry, missed that.

Are you using the stable or beta client?

stable

also weird thing is it only takes forever for opening one of the main pages from right clicking the icon. Like Store/Library/Community/Friends. Once those pages have loaded I can navigate through them fine at regular speed, but opening those pages when none are open yet takes forever.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
So far my list is

Lisa
Undertale
Hollow Knight
Momodora
Mad Father
Misao

also thinking of getting The House in Fata Morgana but that's a bit on the expensive side
haven't played most of those, but undertale and hollow knight are both wonderful

lisa is interesting but it was ultimately too fucking weird for me

also if you're in the mood of something rpg maker-y but unusual, try always sometimes monsters, it's great

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So far my list is

Lisa
Undertale
Hollow Knight
Momodora
Mad Father
Misao

Momodora (Reverie/4, I assume) is very small compared to Hollow Knight if that is of any importance to you. Both are really great at what they do though.

Undertale is also good.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
any place outside steam taht has those Pillars of Eternity White March DLCs cheaper by any chance?

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
So far my list is

Lisa
Undertale
Hollow Knight
Momodora
Mad Father
Misao

Hollow Knight is great and has lots of content for how cheap it is
Fata Morgana is great and fairly underlooked pls consider it

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Next short game is Light ($1.29 in the Winter Sale) http://store.steampowered.com/app/271730/Light/
header.jpg

Time to complete:
1.5 hours
What is it: A stealth game where you and all NPCs are represented as a square. You can kill, hide bodies, use disguises and hack computers to open doors and turn off security cameras. With the limited controls, it's almost like a stealth game was made on the NES. The story is barebones.
Verdict: There are so many actual good stealth games out there, I don't see why you need to play this.

Deleted member 1055

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
stable

also weird thing is it only takes forever for opening one of the main pages from right clicking the icon. Like Store/Library/Community/Friends. Once those pages have loaded I can navigate through them fine at regular speed, but opening those pages when none are open yet takes forever.

IIRC, switching to the beta branched helped when I had similar problems.

Deleted member 3856

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had heard that Dead Cells was supposed to be good but damn. I haven't been this happy with a blind purchase in a while. Also, the devs said it's going to get a price increase once the sale ends, so if you're interested you might want to grab it now.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had heard that Dead Cells was supposed to be good but damn. I haven't been this happy with a blind purchase in a while. Also, the devs said it's going to get a price increase once the sale ends, so if you're interested you might want to grab it now.

My disgust over RPS picking it as goty (because it's unfinished, nothing to do with the game itself) made me check it out and I admit it looks intriguing but I have a pretty strict policy of not playing early access games until they're done. Did they say how much the price will go up, or how much longer it'll be in EA?

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
How does Pyre compare to the other games the devs made, Transistor and Bastion?

I'm interested in picking up Pyre but Bastion and Transistor never really grabbed me for some reason.

Deleted member 3856

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My disgust over RPS picking it as goty (because it's unfinished, nothing to do with the game itself) made me check it out and I admit it looks intriguing but I have a pretty strict policy of not playing early access games until they're done. Did they say how much the price will go up, or how much longer it'll be in EA?

It's going up to 19.99USD, which is amplified for me because of how fucked CAD pricing is. I usually avoid EA games too but I figured this was a case where it might be worth making an exception.

And it sounds like it'll be in EA for a while still, they're calling this the end of "(early) Early Access".

We think that we've done the bulk of the risky part of the development now and that the trust so many of you have put in our team has paid off.

While we're far from finishing the game and realizing our complete vision, anyone who jumps onboard now is going to be playing a very polished game with hours and hours of fun.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Happy new year my dudes/dudettes. Hope 2018 is great for you guys!

and remember to bully Hektor even more this year. <3

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
How does Pyre compare to the other games the devs made, Transistor and Bastion?

I'm interested in picking up Pyre but Bastion and Transistor never really grabbed me for some reason.
it has a similar style of world and visual/sound design, but gameplay wise they're really different

not sure if it'll grab you if the other two didn't, this one has more reading and less "playing"

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Happy New Year SteamERA friends :D I wiah you all healthy and happy 2018 filled with joy and love (and Steam game, even better filled with games on any platform and full wallets) :D

SC4LDER

Oct 25, 2017
2018.png

Can't shake off the feeling of cheap bragging here, but if this ^ isn't a milestone, I don't know what is. A moment ago I finished my 1000th perfect steam game (all achievements unlocked, no demos, no macros, no autoclickers, no SAM, no second hand saves, not skipping visual novels, hardly playing something on easiest difficulty *shaking fist at tower defense games* and of course always trying to "beat" the whole game as well, even after all (spam) achievements are done). Its certainly been interesting 5 years on steam for me. I'm sure most of you will shake head at my efforts, at times I'm shaking it too, but the perfectionist soul needs to be fed. I just wondered if there's anyone here also, for lack of a better word, similarily handicapped as me. Shoot me a message or something. Would like to add you on steam.

In any case, I don't post here as much as I wish. Hope this explains it at least a little - I'm kinda busy out there grinding all the pointless little pictures.
But I always find the time to read through at least half of this mess and wanted to thank you for it. Thanks for all the impressions, suggestions, deals, advices and simply for keeping me company.

Happy new year! Lets survive the next one as well!

Last edited:

Deleted member 19813

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
2018.png

Can't shake off the feeling of cheap bragging here, but if this ^ isn't a milestone, I don't know what is. A moment ago I finished my 1000th perfect steam game (all achievements unlocked, no demos, no macros, no autoclickers, no SAM, no second hand saves, not skipping visual novels, hardly playing something on easiest difficulty *shaking fist at tower defense games* and of course always trying to "beat" the whole game as well, even after all (spam) achievements are done). Its certainly been interesting 5 years on steam for me. I'm sure most of you will shake head at my efforts, at times I'm shaking it too, but the perfectionist soul needs to be fed. I just wondered if there's anyone here also, for lack of a better word, handicaped as me. Shoot me a message or something. Would like to add you on steam.

In any case, I don't post here as much as I wish. Hope this explains it at least a little - I'm kinda busy out there grinding all the pointless little pictures.
But I always find the time to read through at least half of this mess and wanted to thank you for it. Thanks for all the impressions, suggestions, deals, advices and simply for keeping me company.

Happy new year! Lets survive the next one as well!

Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.