• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 10, 2018
Because the amount of users on Steam compared to EGS?
definitely that, but for every page that loads, there's a million network transactions behind the scenes. Their switches have to make sure Tom from Chicago gets the page request he wanted instead of what Jill from Chicago wanted. It's a heavy load.

EDIT: And everyone refreshing the page, starting new session requests. Picture a dude at the deli counter ticket machine just grabbing #76, getting impatient, then grabbing #83, #86, and #91, so another dude comes by and sees "now serving #56", and the next ticket to pull is 98.

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019
Steam Store is down, so SteamDB is unable to update prices. It will take a while!
steamdb.info

Steam Database

This tool was made to give better insight into the applications that Steam has in its absolutely huge database.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
getting loopy in here

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Valve just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about digital storefronts (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Epic Games Store where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in a digital storefront, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the consumer public, after hearing about this 502 gateway error, is not going to want to purchase Steam games for their backlog, nor will they purchase any of Valve's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Valve has alienated an entire market with this move.

Valve, publicly apologize and cancel the summer sale or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to get in and see that A Hat in Time is 50% off at $15. That will be my first buy. Might consider a few more games depending on what I see.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
I can't decide between Team Corgi and Team Cockatiel.

Truth be told, I'll just wait to see which gets the early lead to make sure I'm in the top 3. I'm a bandwagoner.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017

I don't know how much the rest of you know about digital storefronts (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Epic Games Store where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in a digital storefront, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the consumer public, after hearing about this 502 gateway error, is not going to want to purchase Steam games for their backlog, nor will they purchase any of Valve's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Valve has alienated an entire market with this move.

Valve, publicly apologize and cancel the summer sale or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Truly Valve should upgrade their servers 5x to account for 10 minutes of downtime. It's UNACCEPTABLE. RIP Steam.

/s

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Zombotron 10,61€
store.steampowered.com

Zombotron on Steam

Fight to survive on a mysterious alien planet, outwit its vicious inhabitants, and do whatever it takes to find a way off that wretched rock.
Get it guys, it's really good.

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019
Welcome to the summer event you've been training for, the 2019 Steam Grand Prix! Team up with friends to complete quests, earn personal rewards, and race to the finish each day of the Summer Sale.

Be sure to update your Wishlist before you put the pedal to the metal, as the very best drivers will be awarded their Most Wished For games throughout the event.

Buckle up, spring pup — Summer is officially here.

Game Fan

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

perfection.gif