• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
How's The Division these days?
Im probably only going to play it from a single player perspective.
I spent almost 200 hours in The Division playing solo. The thing is, you can easily matchmake with other players whenever you wish. The end of the story is only the start of the game, it's just the tutorial. If you're not into maximizing your gear to tackle the real, harder content at endgame, you'll be missing the main point of the game.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Damn the Battletech on Amazon is gone. Is it messed up on Steam too? It says digital deluxe content for $10.39. Does that include a key?

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard a lot a of bad things about MvC Infinite but as someone who really enjoyed the other games in the series and doesn't play competitively, is it worth $20?

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
It has some of those elements but Tokyo Xanadu, also from Falcom, is much closer to Persona except for combat.

Agreed.

Grabbed Nioh last night before the sale started since I was not sure if it would go on sale. Gonna wrap up World of Final Fantasy tonight and dive deep into the sale. Gotta build a good offline backlog before I move and have no internet for a PC lol.

Feb 4, 2018
Divinity 1 is a solid game. Its a long game too. Easily 60-100 hours depending on how thorough you are. So expect quite an adventure.

I can't yet compare it to the sequel as I have held off for PS4, but from most accounts it's even better. Takes place 1000 years into the future and I don't think any references will be problematic if playing these games in reverse. There is more avatar involvement in the world beyond merely acting as a player driven blank slate cyphers in this one. Characters with actual backstories and renown in the world beyond "hero". I think that alone may be worth just jumping into the sequel first, it's actually the biggest change I look forward to.

Also something to keep in mind, at least in the first game but I assume OS2 as well, is that combat stays pretty challenging from beginning to end. There is a bit of scaling, but it's tactical options using both skills and the environment kept my engagement. Never felt like I was just mashing through fodder often. I liked that.
This was really helpful, thank you! Both sound really substantial, but I think I'll jump ahead and go for OS2.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've heard a lot a of bad things about MvC Infinite but as someone who really enjoyed the other games in the series and doesn't play competitively, is it worth $20?

The story mode is shit. If you enjoy fighting against the cpu and friends get UMvC3. If youre tired of UMvC3 and have someone to play against then get infinite.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I spent almost 200 hours in The Division playing solo. The thing is, you can easily matchmake with other players whenever you wish. The end of the story is only the start of the game, it's just the tutorial. If you're not into maximizing your gear to tackle the real, harder content at endgame, you'll be missing the main point of the game.
Nice, can't really go wrong with the price to try it out either.
Destiny never really grabbed me, but I've been wanting a really good loot n' shoot style game.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
As of now my list is:
GTA 5
Tyranny
Age of Decadence

It lacks turn-based games. I need turn-based games. How is Endless Space 2? I suck at games like Galactic Civilizations btw.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
How is it with compression and frame rate? I've found that games over the Link just never look quite right even when it says I'm getting a stable 60fps. I've basically just stopped using it because I always just get lost spending time tinkering with the settings instead of playing the game. I got it for $20 so it's not a big deal, but I'd hate to have the same outcome on something that costs as much as the Shield.

Gamestream is vastly superior imo, the responsiveness feels much closer to "realtime". I wouldn't play fighting games on it, but I've spent many hours playing 3rd person action and Final Fantasy XIV through it. I played most everything at 1440p/60 connected to my 4K TV, which I preferred to 2160p/30....the visual quality was noticeable going from 1080p to 1440p, much less so from 1440p to 2160p.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Went ahead and grabbed Grim Dawn. Had my eye on it for awhile now and as a huge fan of Diablo 2 and somewhat 3, I have high hopes for it.

Oct 27, 2017
Man this sale is weak AF. :/ Gone is the glory days. There is some games on sale that I want but the price just isn't good enough. PSNs sales and frequency of them really has spoiled me.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
so this is my first summer sale, do the discounts change daily or deals? Like AC:O is 29.99, not bad, should I wait or pull? any chance it might get a better deal?

Nope. $30 has been the "sale" price for AC:O for a bit now. I picked up for that off uplay a month ago, and it was still $30 during their E3 sale. Don't expect it to go lower until Odyssey comes out in the fall.

Went ahead and grabbed Grim Dawn. Had my eye on it for awhile now and as a huge fan of Diablo 2 and somewhat 3, I have high hopes for it.

Well-founded hopes. It's very good, I love the variety it has. I still need to play the dlc....

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Steam controller worthwhile? I'm willing to buy it but I've never actually used one and the controls look pretty odd.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed Silent Hill: Homecoming, what a god awful PC port. Luckily people are awesome and they've fixed it, so it's now running properly. I've never played the series before and this is the only one I could get on PC.

giphy.gif

Oh nooo, I'm sorry you're going to experience Silent Hill with the worst game in the series.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda got hooked to Picross games lately. Other than the free one, are the paid ones any good?

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking about picking up Gothic 3 for $2.50 as a quasi-ELEX demo, to dip my toes in the Piranha Bytes pool. Good ides? Gothic 3 hold up? Apparently the fan patch is good stuff at this point.

Skavi

Feb 13, 2018
Hey, just a heads up for anyone interested in Synthetik: they really mean PARTIAL controller support.

I get it, tho. Probably not a game I'd want to play with a gamepad anyway.

Dec 20, 2017
How's The Division these days?
Im probably only going to play it from a single player perspective.

Put about 60 hours into it over two weeks beginning late last month. I had a lot of fun. I got to the endgame but felt like moving on pretty soon after that.

Edit -- Forgot why I responded in the first place. I played it entirely single player and had a great time. I stumbled into a couple of areas/missions where it felt clear I was supposed to be rolling in a group, but those spots are easy to avoid.